Login

russian armor

How exactly do cover-based damage bonuses work?

12 Sep 2018, 14:51 PM

Thought of a follow-up question: does the Osttruppen cover-based damage bonus affect their Panzerfaust damage?

Is it worth trying to get into cover while running up to a tank or armored vehicle to deal more damage with the Faust?
12 Sep 2018, 14:58 PM

There is no damage modifier to osttruppen cover bonus, there is only accuracy modifier for their rifles.
12 Sep 2018, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 14:58 PMKatitof
There is no damage modifier to osttruppen cover bonus, there is only accuracy modifier for their rifles.

Huh, I could've sworn I saw figures like "125%" or something in the patch notes. Surely, accuracy can't be more than 100%? I think I'm still missing something about these bonuses.
12 Sep 2018, 23:47 PM
Donator 11

Huh, I could've sworn I saw figures like "125%" or something in the patch notes. Surely, accuracy can't be more than 100%? I think I'm still missing something about these bonuses.

Of course accurancy can be over 100%. The final hit is calculated depending on a random number from 0 to 1. If the number is smaller than the accurancy, the bullet hits. So if the final accurancy is over 100%, the bullets will simply always hit.

You can ask now, why do I wan't my infantry to have over 100% accurancy? That is because most models have a stat called recived accurancy that lowers the accurancy of the shooter. If the final accurancy of the weapon is 80% and RA modifier of the target is 80% then the chance to hit is 64%. If the accurancy of the weapon is 100%, it will be 80%. But if it is 125%, then the result will be that you always hit. RA is also modified by retreat status and building cover. There are many more things that affect it as well. There is a chunky fire on the move debuff. The bigger your initial accurancy is, the smaller the effect of that debuff is going to be. And this is only an example.

To be fair though, 125% is probably not the initial accurancy of the weapon, but a multiplicative bonus to that accurancy that you get in cover. Pretty much only snipers actually get accurancy over 100%.
13 Sep 2018, 17:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IIRC there are several OKW squads which can get to over 100% acc with vet. Ober and PF through vet and if i read correctly the file, the G43 sniper model from JLI.

Which in fact is not ideal, because if you make use of commander abilities, the return is lesser if the opposing unit has no RA modifiers to oppose it.
13 Sep 2018, 18:44 PM

Regarding cover you'd probably be interested in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gENf8doJ6oA
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS