Login

russian armor

Battlefield V WW2 - SEPT 4 - Open beta.

14 Sep 2018, 06:06 AM

- I've fired a number of rifles, usually using ironsights or scopes,
but never peeps.
- Most games show the K98 as the superior ranged rifle compared to the
Garand which has a higher Rate of Fire but is the inferior marksman rifle.
The Springfield being preferred.

And now you say the Garand is more precise than the K98? :)
Ah, nice series of precisions there. An american general said the M1Garand
was simply awesome. Patton?

Interesting. I'll have to go fire one now :)

Yeah, M1s are game breakingly good in real life compared to even the best bolt action.

But we weren’t trying to make it fair, we were trying to win. (And we did.)

C&Rsenal put up a great and in depth video on bolt action rifles that includes a segment on iron sights near the end of the video. (~2 hours and ten minutes in)
Link: https://youtu.be/GvtBNpc_xY8

If you wanna shoot some guns come down to Arizona and you can shoot some of mine! I’ve got a pretty decent collection of WWII and other historical small arms. You really can’t understand why the M1 is so great until you try one. For that matter you can’t really tell why a Mosin-Nagant is so crap until you compare it to a Mauser either. Lol
14 Sep 2018, 15:43 PM

- Mosin-Nagant is Belgian. Russian rifles just happened to be built
on license. Most people don't know that :)
- The M1 rifle was named after its Canadian-American designer, John Garand.
French Canadian-born Garand went to work at the United States Army's Springfield Armory

I am French Canadian. It's a disgrace I have not yet fired one.

Ooh, thank you for the video! Informative!

I might just do that, when I am in the area :)
I fully agree with on-hand testing.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, however...

What is in your collection?

- I also agree on reality not trying to be fair. Games, however...
But then, that makes it hard to balance "historical" games.
Mind you, the germans had huge amounts of MG42s, that kinda made
their squads still outgun american ones.

I like Steel Division 2's take on realism.
Wehraboos *DEMANDED* realism. Eugen gave them huge maps, insanely efficient tank buster
IL-2 sturmoviks and 6-to-1 and 8-to-1 odds Soviets vs Germans :)
14 Sep 2018, 15:53 PM

I enjoyed beta. There were a lot of things that were great and some things that felt odd.

The maps are detailed beautifully, the armor and variations on weapons are excellent. The sound of the stuka dive bomb is awesome, especially since it will only trigger if you physically put the plane into a dive. I like that ammo and health conservation exists. So far I think the game is shaping up quite nice.

Thing I wasn't to keen on were having everyone having an STG. I think the units should use weapons accurate to their respective side (Axis/Allied). I felt like it lacked immersion, it seems like every character model is black? Nothing wrong with black people but It felt very insincere. I recognize inclusion but maybe having the default character African is something that should be left to the player, that way it doesn't make it seemed like forced social justice.

The game is good, hope you all give it a shot.

14 Sep 2018, 16:56 PM

-

1. Mosin-Nagant is Belgian. Russian rifles just happened to be built
on license. Most people don't know that :)

2. The M1 rifle was named after its Canadian-American designer, John Garand.
French Canadian-born Garand went to work at the United States Army's Springfield Armory

3. What is in your collection?

4. Mind you, the germans had huge amounts of MG42s, that kinda made
their squads still outgun american ones.

1. Mostly true, but it’s actually more complicated than most people think. C&Rsenle has a wonderful episode that explains the development of the Mosin-Nagant rifle. Check it out. https://youtu.be/nqmkRZOIlfY

2. True, but now he’s a French-Canadian-American, so you get to claim him, but we get to claim him too. It’s like having divorced parents, you get to have twice as many presents on christmas, but people still fight over you.

3. Lots. Lol M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1903 Springfield, M1898 Krag-Jorgensen, M1911A1, M7A1 Grenade launcher for the Garand with practice grenades ( it’s a hoot! Lol) M16A1 (from a parts kit, semi auto only), M16A4, M4 carbine, M91/30 Mosin-Nagant, 1895 Nagant revolver, polish built AK-47(it’s an AKM, but that’s not as common of a name for a stamped sheet metal AK), 1897 Winchester shotgun, Japanese Type 99 Arisaka, Kar98k, Mauser C96 pistol..... I also have several newer firearms and some older stuff that’s not WWII or military related like some Smith and Wesson revolvers and a few guns for concealed carry.

4. I don’t know if I agree with that. The US fielded a whole lot of MG and the British had a ton of Bren Guns, so I wouldn’t say the Germans had a firepower advantage. Especially when you factor in the total firepower of the whole infantry unit’s combined arms firepower. But that’s a discussion that requires more research before I can say for sure.

18 Sep 2018, 07:31 AM

I hope they'll bring out a second beta somewhere next month to show the progress they've made tweaking and balancing the gameplay and fixing bugs. Show a new map perhaps. The game really needs this to restore confidence before releasing. Any news?
18 Sep 2018, 13:16 PM

I hope they'll bring out a second beta somewhere next month to show the progress they've made tweaking and balancing the gameplay and fixing bugs. Show a new map perhaps. The game really needs this to restore confidence before releasing. Any news?

I haven't heard anything about a new beta.
Only 2 playable maps, and only 2 factions at launch seems kind of weak :p
Soo many bugs, too. And only a month from launch? Gah.
18 Sep 2018, 14:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't have a link for you, but one of the devs confirmed on twitter there is no current plan for a second beta.

I suppose that means it could happen, but I doubt it.

18 Sep 2018, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2018, 14:20 PMTobis

I don't have a link for you, but one of the devs confirmed on twitter there is no current plan for a second beta.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if we can throw this in with the big pile of mistakes they have already made during the run-up to this release. I think there's a huge amount of people that are undecided about the game (like me) and were left unimpressed with the beta. They promised a lot of changes, but a tangible rectification is needed to push people over the edge. If they don't do a second beta it's like they want this game to flop.

I for one will not buy this game before I've had another chance to try out an updated version.
18 Sep 2018, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2018, 14:20 PMTobis

I suppose that means it could happen, but I doubt it.

DICE Isn't Planning Battlefield 5 Second Beta Right Now
www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/09/18/battlefield-5-second-beta-dice/
2 hours ago - DICE Isn't Currently Planning a Second Beta for Battlefield V ... DICE does not currently have plans to launch a second multiplayer beta.
18 Sep 2018, 20:36 PM

Well I wouldn't be surprised if we can throw this in with the big pile of mistakes they have already made during the run-up to this release. I think there's a huge amount of people that are undecided about the game (like me) and were left unimpressed with the beta. They promised a lot of changes, but a tangible rectification is needed to push people over the edge. If they don't do a second beta it's like they want this game to flop.

I for one will not buy this game before I've had another chance to try out an updated version.

=============
- Biggest mistake being not giving away game for free w no micropurchasing, everything fwee!
With every character being male, with same body type, caucasian, like army of white clones,
but with japanese and French (african) colonial troops being white, too :)

Personally, I think they did one big huge mistake : They thought calling their next battlefield
WW2 ... with only 2 maps and 2 factions... would be enough. Adding Bataille Royale is not enough,
especially not mid-way during development. they should have implemented that for Battlefield 4, HL, and 1.

It feels half-assed compared to their 3, 4 and 1 efforts.

Hardline felt half-assed.

I'm just really sad that their 1943 and 5 efforts are so bleh.
Do they hate WW2, or something?
9 Oct 2018, 16:23 PM

I didn't have very high hopes after the beta but seeing the videos of Westie and Levelcap with all the changes and improvements DICE is putting into the game, it actually looks like the release version of BF V will be pretty good. They really listened to the beta feedback and fixed many issues players had.

I'm actually looking forward to release.
What I still want to see though is a roadmap of the tides of war service.
8 Nov 2018, 14:34 PM

In case someone's interested, if you subcribe to Origin Access for one month you'll pay €15 euros and then you can buy the standard edition for €53,99. Then you can upgrade to the €79,99 deluxe version for free. Saves you about 10 euros for all the deluxe edition bonusses and you can play it way early starting tomorrow the 9th at 14:00h CET.

I was very sceptical during the beta but DICE has definitely shown a huge amount of progress and improvement over the last couple of weeks. Their new community approach has convinced me the game will probably be good.
8 Nov 2018, 21:21 PM

Yeah, M1s are game breakingly good in real life compared to even the best bolt action.

But we weren’t trying to make it fair, we were trying to win. (And we did.)

C&Rsenal put up a great and in depth video on bolt action rifles that includes a segment on iron sights near the end of the video. (~2 hours and ten minutes in)
Link: https://youtu.be/GvtBNpc_xY8

If you wanna shoot some guns come down to Arizona and you can shoot some of mine! I’ve got a pretty decent collection of WWII and other historical small arms. You really can’t understand why the M1 is so great until you try one. For that matter you can’t really tell why a Mosin-Nagant is so crap until you compare it to a Mauser either. Lol

From what I understand there are two major "disadvantages" to the Garand.

The first was that is was very heavy. 10 pounds along with being quite bulky must have been tiring after a while in the field.

The 2nd was that its pretty complex and expensive to make. This though is kinda of negated by America's ability to manufacture on a rate unparalleled by most other nations. So this second issue became less of a problem than if the Garand was produced in germany/france/britain where the industrial base isn't so large.

Another small issue was there are a lot of small parts from what I've heard which can make it a hassle to disassemble.

Other than that the Garand was a immensely good weapon, high ROF, semi-auto, accurate and reliable shows how great of a weapon it was. The fact that it was loved by troops from the beaches and jungles in the pacific, to Africa, Italy and Normandy shows that the weapon was incredible.

And yeah at a game standpoint having a semi-auto with the same accurate as a Bolt Action would be horrendously op.
9 Nov 2018, 13:50 PM

In case someone's interested, if you subcribe to Origin Access for one month you'll pay €15 euros and then you can buy the standard edition for €53,99. Then you can upgrade to the €79,99 deluxe version for free. Saves you about 10 euros for all the deluxe edition bonusses and you can play it way early starting tomorrow the 9th at 14:00h CET.

I was very sceptical during the beta but DICE has definitely shown a huge amount of progress and improvement over the last couple of weeks. Their new community approach has convinced me the game will probably be good.

===============
- Oooh, I love you.
Exactly the information I needed to hear.
Although, I'm annoyed, as I already paid for the Premium Access ;)
Ah well.

Free upgrade for Deluxe ? Really? Are you shitting me?! :)
9 Nov 2018, 16:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

9 Nov 2018, 17:41 PM

Free upgrade for Deluxe ? Really? Are you shitting me?! :)

It's kinda weird since Origin only tells you this after you purchased the standard version (there is the option to purchase the Deluxe version too) and isn't mentioned anywhere as far as I know. Might be an oversight or something, but I'd say go get it while it's there. I got all the Deluxe bonusses for free now.
10 Nov 2018, 03:38 AM

From what I've heard from people playing the on the Origin Access right now is that the game is very different from the beta in a good way. They fixed a lot of the attrition and vehicle mechanics that were bothering a lot of people. I cant wait until the 20th to get my hands on it, sounds like its a going be a ton of fun.
10 Nov 2018, 06:20 AM

If the infantry running speed wasn't Mach3 and the screen wasn't covered by loads of blinking symbols like a One-armed bandit i'd consider a buy too
10 Nov 2018, 15:40 PM

From what I've heard from people playing the on the Origin Access right now is that the game is very different from the beta in a good way. They fixed a lot of the attrition and vehicle mechanics that were bothering a lot of people.

There are still some things that need work, like the incredibly clumbersome UI (like joining squads requires you to go to a seperate menu instead of being integrated into the spawn screen, or weapon unlocks still not fully available in a match) but otherwise they have done quite a tremendous amount the last few weeks fixing and tweaking stuff. It's in a much better state than the beta.
12 Nov 2018, 10:21 AM

The War Stories felt pretty bad IMO. Seemed like a big downgrade from the BF1 War Stories.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★