Login

russian armor

soo when can they fix the maxim deathloop?

3 Sep 2018, 02:54 AM

Supressing infantry with MGs is exclusively an Axis ability now.
3 Sep 2018, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 06:53 AMgbem

you are free to test it out yourself aswell... use cheatmods and a timer... sample size of 5 is generally enough... both must fire without obstruction on a target without any cover... target must be at maximum range and in both cases a conscript squad

you know whats not subjective? 3 barifles vs an MG34 and 3 LMGgrens vs maxim.... those barifles will get suppressed in a frontal charge... yet 3 LMGgrens can solo a maxim frontally

you are correct about teardown time though... it is indeed very important... but the deathloop is far worse than long teardown times... and ive lost more maxims to the deathloop than MG34s to its teardown time

Not sure what school of statistics you're referring to but a simple google search will tell you that the smallest minimum sample size you need is 100. For a game like COH2 in which my Grenadiers have lost to a Rear Echelon squad due to pure RNG and my T34-76 has beaten an OKW P4 due to lucky pens and deflections, small sample size is as good as nothing.

If you have 3 BARed Rifle squads and you can't handle an MG34.....It's really a L2P issue or a massive skill gap issue.
3 Sep 2018, 12:06 PM

Not sure what school of statistics you're referring to but a simple google search will tell you that the smallest minimum sample size you need is 100. For a game like COH2 in which my Grenadiers have lost to a Rear Echelon squad due to pure RNG and my T34-76 has beaten an OKW P4 due to lucky pens and deflections, small sample size is as good as nothing.

If you have 3 BARed Rifle squads and you can't handle an MG34.....It's really a L2P issue or a massive skill gap issue.

maybe you need to learn to read before you advise people to l2p...
this is the last time i will remind you to read my statements before replying

i do NOT have a problem with the MG34... and i CAN take out an mg34 with a well placed smoke barrage and a nade... and i have NO problem with this... MGs are meant to be flanked and killed not charged directly

the problem i do have is with LMG GRENADIER BLOBS CHARGING INFRONT OF THE MAXIM AND KILLING IT... which is why...

IF YOU ARE FINE WITH THE MAXIM BEING THAT CRAP THEN LETS REDUCE THE MG34 TO BE FRONTALLY CHARGABLE WITH 3 BARIFLES FRONTALLY ASWELL SO YOU DONT SOUND LIKE A FUCKING HYPOCRITE

I DONT WANT THE MG34 NERFED... I JUST USED IT TO ENHANCE THE ORIGINAL SENTENCE I MADE...

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2018, 13:00 PMgbem

the maxim has such bad suppression that a triple LMG gren blob or a single volksgrenadier and a flame nade can solo charge it and win... is it intentional aswell for a triple lmg gren blob to solo an mg from the front without cover?

if that were the case then id love the mg34 and mg42 to be nerfed to the point where i can solo charge it with 3 barfles >.>

IT WAS SIMPLY A PASSING STATEMENT NOT A DESIRE.. DRILL THAT INTO YOUR HEAD... rant over

read next time jesus christ >.> your inability to read my statements leads to such stupid conclusions

also im in my postgraduate studies and ive had researches with sample sizes as low as 40... others had 20...

now its true that coh 2 has alot of variables... would prolly require a sample size of approx 60-80 to be safe... but i for one am not conducting a statistical test of that scale... if you wish to do so then be my guest...
3 Sep 2018, 12:10 PM

-From personal testing, 6 man squad get's suppressed faster. 4/5 man squad seems to get suppressed at equal rates. Note that this applies per squad, as 2x 3man squad doesn't receive the same amount of suppression.
-It's also pointless to test a unit against unit he will never be facing. Say maxim vs conscripts.
-Performance is always gonna a bit tad lower than slow to deploy 4 man model MGs.
-Not sure T2 strats are bad as you call it to be. https://www.coh2.org/news/81260/gcs2-game-stats-with-siphon-x

1. noted

2. we do know that the maxim is inferior at suppressing a 6 man squad than the MG34 is suppressing a 6 man squad aswell... if the maxim is shooting at a 4 man squad that would make the maxim even shittier than the experiment suggests

3. yeah T2 strats are viable in the condition where there is a second MG covering the first... 1 maxim simply isnt enough
3 Sep 2018, 12:13 PM

I understand this, the people making the decisions MIGHT understand this, but more importantly they choose to ignore symmetrical balance infavor of asymmetrical diversity, something that cannot be achieved with 3 factions let alone 5. I've tried my best to drill ideas to many, but only those who choose to listen will be the only ones who learn.

And furthermore...... S C O P E

that would make it excessively difficult to balance without causing spam though... not having a decent backbone means only gamey strats are going to be used while simultaneously suppressing potential options for other strategies... it would actually hurt diversity in the long run not to give the soviets a decent backbone infantry

think of it this way... if cons remain unscalable in the lategame... then i would simply spam something that does scale like machineguns or penals rather than opt for adding conscripts to support my penals or maxims... why should i build a unit completely useless to my fighting capacity?

currently the only use i have for conscripts is for reinforcing my flame engineers and maxims when i go for T2 builds
3 Sep 2018, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2018, 14:56 PMgbem

thats odd bcz when playing the soviets id rather steal the rak over the pak 40... 10 range and no green cover for superstealth ability to garrison buildings and retreat? hell yeah... 2 of these plus a volks can shreck a T-34 with ease in an ambush

Yeah but anything you steal with soviets gets a 6 men crew. A 6 man raketten is way better than the 4 men okw raketten and a 6 men pak40 is just godtier.
3 Sep 2018, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 12:06 PMgbem

maybe you need to learn to read before you advise people to l2p...
this is the last time i will remind you to read my statements before replying

i do NOT have a problem with the MG34... and i CAN take out an mg34 with a well placed smoke barrage and a nade... and i have NO problem with this... MGs are meant to be flanked and killed not charged directly

the problem i do have is with LMG GRENADIER BLOBS CHARGING INFRONT OF THE MAXIM AND KILLING IT... which is why...

IF YOU ARE FINE WITH THE MAXIM BEING THAT CRAP THEN LETS REDUCE THE MG34 TO BE FRONTALLY CHARGABLE WITH 3 BARIFLES FRONTALLY ASWELL SO YOU DONT SOUND LIKE A FUCKING HYPOCRITE

I DONT WANT THE MG34 NERFED... I JUST USED IT TO ENHANCE THE ORIGINAL SENTENCE I MADE...

IT WAS SIMPLY A PASSING STATEMENT NOT A DESIRE.. DRILL THAT INTO YOUR HEAD... rant over

read next time jesus christ >.> your inability to read my statements leads to such stupid conclusions

also im in my postgraduate studies and ive had researches with sample sizes as low as 40... others had 20...

now its true that coh 2 has alot of variables... would prolly require a sample size of approx 60-80 to be safe... but i for one am not conducting a statistical test of that scale... if you wish to do so then be my guest...

"3 barifles vs an MG34 and 3 LMGgrens vs maxim.... those barifles will get suppressed in a frontal charge"

Learn to play dude. Learn to play. Such situations only happen to the lowest level players.

If you think the Maxim is atrocious while the MG34 is in a "good spot", learn to play.

L2P please.
4 Sep 2018, 03:12 AM

"3 barifles vs an MG34 and 3 LMGgrens vs maxim.... those barifles will get suppressed in a frontal charge"

Learn to play dude. Learn to play. Such situations only happen to the lowest level players.

If you think the Maxim is atrocious while the MG34 is in a "good spot", learn to play.

L2P please.

Maybe you should go back to school... that should improve your awful reading comprehension

You sound even more retarded when u find out i main sov wehr and okw... im the one setting up the mg34s not rushing them with barifles
4 Sep 2018, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2018, 14:56 PMgbem

thats odd bcz when playing the soviets id rather steal the rak over the pak 40... 10 range and no green cover for superstealth ability to garrison buildings and retreat? hell yeah... 2 of these plus a volks can shreck a T-34 with ease in an ambush

Because it's almost as if having 2 extra men on a weapon who's biggest downside is it's survivability makes the raken useable.
4 Sep 2018, 13:45 PM

Because it's almost as if having 2 extra men on a weapon who's biggest downside is it's survivability makes the raken useable.

Which amplifies how bad The Maxim is... Even with the most durable crew it's still hot garbage
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 57
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment