Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
13 Nov 2018, 14:40 PM

-Booby Traps of all kinds now cost 40 and match the Soviet version in damage. Previously they used the demolition charge profile.

Change damage of booby traps from explosive to incendiary so they can delay enemy capping territories.

Remove booby traps from obers (there no real reason to be available to them).

Allow conscripts to build the doctrinal booby traps since engineer can already built mines/demo.
13 Nov 2018, 14:44 PM

-JLI veterancy requirements from 660/1320/2240/3520/4400 to 520/1040/2080/3120/3970; reinforcement time to 6...

Currently reinforcement times (and cost) are all completely inconstant with some units following the reinforcement cost rule while other not. For instance pg reinforce to slow while Osttruppen too fast.

Suggestions:
Standardize reinforcement time across all the board(and cost probably with assault infantry have a discount) according to unit "type" from longer to sorter:

Support weapons (mg/mortars)
"Elite" infantry
mainline infantry
Support units

In addition currently JLI (and storm-troopers) have very little shock value for using infiltration since they come rifles.

Suggestion:
1) Allow all infiltration units to be build from base for normal cost and add a premium when these are called in to spawn from ambient building.

2) JLI could spawn with the G43 to allow them to counter sniper more effectively.

3) Add utility to JLI and Pathfinders by adding counter sniper ability. Unit has a hold fire ability that allow the unit to fire only vs sniper.
13 Nov 2018, 19:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Keep personal and ironic remarks out of this thread. Rather open a PM if you wish.
14 Nov 2018, 06:03 AM

Fragmentation bombs aren't meant to take out fortified defenses. The ability excels at destroying infantry clusters and disorientating the odd tank in the area thanks to how quickly the plane arrives.

Thank you for the clarification and all the work going into this. I've only tried the USF and Ost commanders but like those.
14 Nov 2018, 18:17 PM

The iefh in the overwatch vet 5 ability is just useless because of low damage per shot and long cooldown time
My suggestion is
cut the CD in the half like 15 sec or less to make it usefull (it is not a B4)
OR make it toggleable (or have preset round or time) so it can act like immobilize brummbar
OR replace the ability with sector overwatch
It overwatch the selected sector so any enemy come into the sector(but enemy needed to be in line of sight so it will synergize with the flare) will be shelled with determined shots if the shots was finished the ability will cooldown and the abilty is finished (so it not continous operation)

It was fragile unit so make the vet 5 ability worth it
14 Nov 2018, 18:43 PM

I would also much prefer seeing it replaced with an Overwatch ability that automatically targets spotted enemies in a targeted area. Much like the Brits 25 Pounder ability in CoH1.

14 Nov 2018, 19:59 PM

Please no more "auto target" anything. Move away from that concept as much as possible.
15 Nov 2018, 00:12 AM

Please no more "auto target" anything. Move away from that concept as much as possible.

It's not as easy to execute in CoH2 because of true sight tho.
15 Nov 2018, 04:09 AM

It's not as easy to execute in CoH2 because of true sight tho.

Things like auto-target enemies in sector, counter-barrage, etc. are all terrible.

Even if it requires true sight, it still removes the crucial aspect of attention, micro-capacity, and just the wherewithal to even do it.

For the record, I am also in favor of making mortars auto-attack be terrible unless you manually direct them or barrage.
15 Nov 2018, 16:42 PM

Things like auto-target enemies in sector, counter-barrage, etc. are all terrible.

Even if it requires true sight, it still removes the crucial aspect of attention, micro-capacity, and just the wherewithal to even do it.

For the record, I am also in favor of making mortars auto-attack be terrible unless you manually direct them or barrage.

I see your point but I still think that it's possible to make it so it's a practical ability without having any part of your concern in it, or at least for the most part.

With that said I'll agree with you and move on with another suggestion I have for the LeFH Vet 5 ability, called "Walking Barrage". It will basically be the Allied "Creeping Barrage" altho renamed and perhaps made a bit different so it's unique in it's own right, maybe some stat changes or something would do the job.

Apart from that there's not much else we can work with really, we've pretty much exhausted all of the abilities options I think.
15 Nov 2018, 16:49 PM

Apart from that there's not much else we can work with really, we've pretty much exhausted all of the abilities options I think.

I just wish we could get one of the balance team members to give some feedback about it. I haven't seen a single mention of the ability since it was added in the original version of the revamp mod two months ago.
15 Nov 2018, 17:55 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2018, 16:49 PMSully

I just wish we could get one of the balance team members to give some feedback about it. I haven't seen a single mention of the ability since it was added in the original version of the revamp mod two months ago.

There likely won't be a drastic revamp, the main thing we have done was give it a boost where the ability now deals 200 damage to vehicles, from 160 and will apply a Firefly-esque stun on vehicle-based units.
15 Nov 2018, 18:58 PM

There likely won't be a drastic revamp, the main thing we have done was give it a boost where the ability now deals 200 damage to vehicles, from 160 and will apply a Firefly-esque stun on vehicle-based units.

That's disappointing, I doubt it'll ever get used. The range is so low that by the time you'd even try to fire on a tank or even infantry the lefh will either be dead or unable to rotate quick enough to hit the target. Not to mention there needs to be nothing in the way for the shell to collide with.

I hope you will reconsider, getting a lefh to vet 5 should be rewarded with a useful ability rather than a highly situational and lackluster even if used correctly ability.
15 Nov 2018, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2018, 18:58 PMSully

That's disappointing, I doubt it'll ever get used. The range is so low that by the time you'd even try to fire on a tank or even infantry the lefh will either be dead or unable to rotate quick enough to hit the target. Not to mention there needs to be nothing in the way for the shell to collide with.

I hope you will reconsider, getting a lefh to vet 5 should be rewarded with a useful ability rather than a highly situational and lackluster even if used correctly ability.

Agreed, it feels rushed, altho the current LefH feels OP. I literally made a battery of 3 once to counter an enemy FOB and then annihilated and continued to spam them while my team carried me lol.

Was fun but cheesy really, altho the new ability as you said feels underwhelming.
19 Nov 2018, 13:57 PM

I think the new commanders are in a pretty good state now, although I still worry that Mechanized is a bit overloaded.

The artillery strike on the WC51 just feels out of place. I think it should be replaced with a passive declaring its new ability to capture territory. Mark target, territory capture and Combined Arms synergy give you plenty of reason to deploy them at all stages of the game: there's no need for this incongruous off-map.

Secondly, I think the Bulldozer upgrade on the regular Sherman should go too. The commander as is has loads of stuff in it now, and the Dozer Upgrade is visually confusing with the Armor Company one: all that distinguishes them is a slightly fatter barrel. The new M4C is good enough for an ability slot by itself.

Finally, I think if the first chunk of Overwatch is being bundled together, Forward Receivers should go. I'd suggest ditching the flares too if they weren't an important indicator that Goliaths have been selected.
19 Nov 2018, 15:08 PM

Mechanized Arty is one of the best original abilities of the Commander, it was added to the truck so it wasn't lost in time, it should stay.

Bulldozer upgrade is a good thing too, since it allows you to pay some munitions to beef up a Sherman while also giving more utility, making a pseudo bulldozer with it's HE shells. Mechanized is full of stuff because it feels like it's mean to be an early pick, with enough options to adapt to the enemy as the battle goes on, you know?
19 Nov 2018, 16:43 PM

cons buff when? tired of penals (sounds like 2016 lol)
19 Nov 2018, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2018, 16:43 PMLuciano
cons buff when? tired of penals (sounds like 2016 lol)

Mah Boi held the line against you using Conscripts, proving they are mighty fine :snfAmi:
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS