Login

russian armor

Soviet Tankhunters - Why and how?

2 Aug 2018, 12:44 PM

Soviet Tank hunters seems to be gaining in popularity recently.

Can someone give me a layman explanation on why this is, and how best to use it? I would especially like to know about recommended build order and on which maps and against which factions it works best on?
2 Aug 2018, 12:54 PM

I dont use them myself, but AFAIK they are simmilar to the AT partysans.

Camo them near a spot where a tank/LV is likely to pass, fire a shot before snarin, then snare.

Optionaly u could also plant a mine nearby, though these chaps basically behave as mobile AT mines
2 Aug 2018, 13:09 PM

Openning from T1. Built penals, then 1-2 squad of cons. When first german LT have arrive make upgrade on AT rifles for cons. Don't forget AT nade upgrade, without it ATG-assault will not available. When you will see p4 you can built 3-rd squad of AT cons. Use cloak ability for ambush enemy armor. Every vehicle in this dosctrine can use cloak this especially good on tanks. You could lay cheap AT mines to slow enemy tanks and destroy them by AT-cons. ATG-assault very powerfull ability, 2 squads of AT-cons can easily kill p4 with it.
2 Aug 2018, 14:44 PM

That´s wrong AT grenade assault is always available for Cons after you equipped them with the PTRS package. You do NOT need to research at nades at base. They also always snare if the AT assault hits a vehicle. No need to damage them before AT nading them.

The doctrine isn´t worth it anyways in my opinion, PTRS cons are funny to use especially if enemy doesn´t expect them but howitzer as your only doctrinal AI option isn´t enough for Soviets. Plus you need to either abuse snipers or Penals to get any sort of AI which again is not a great solution.

2 Aug 2018, 15:07 PM

I agree that Dankhunters seem best used in conjunction with a Tier 1 strategy as they can be a bridge to cover you against light vehicles if you get caught before you can get T70. You just need Penals to make up for the lack of Guards or else you risk losing the infantry war. Personally I think they are better vs. OKW as OKW is more about quality > quantity of tanks so landing a good ambush with Dankhunters hurts more. Plus the anti tank bombing run is surprising strong against T4 building - if it lands right it can take off almost 90% of health but usually at least 60-70%
2 Aug 2018, 18:54 PM

Plus the anti tank bombing run is surprising strong against T4 building - if it lands right it can take off almost 90% of health but usually at least 60-70%

This is a very good point that I hadn't even considered!
3 Aug 2018, 00:54 AM

Soviet Tank hunters seems to be gaining in popularity recently.

Can someone give me a layman explanation on why this is, and how best to use it? I would especially like to know about recommended build order and on which maps and against which factions it works best on?

Tank Hunters is pretty solid all around but the new PTRS Conscripts are the star of the doctrine. At 240 MP they're way cheaper than PTRS Penals or Guards. They get AT grenades without tech which saves 25 fuel towards your T-70 rush, and their cloaking makes it much easier to get that snare off. When there are no tanks to kill they can use Merge to reinforce other squads too.

As the doctrine has no elite infantry or PPSh upgrade you'll want to go T1 with it for Penal Troops and/or the sniper. Build the Penals first, then the Conscripts.
3 Aug 2018, 01:00 AM

Camo them near a spot where a tank/LV is likely to pass, fire a shot before snarin, then snare.

You often don't need to even shoot first, it does enough damage to most tanks that just the ability will kill the engine.
4 Aug 2018, 04:55 AM

AT grenade assault, those PTRS are nice but 24 AT nade will ruin a Panther's day ))))
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
unknown 4
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak