Login

russian armor

Conscript Merge Mechanics

30 Jul 2018, 19:21 PM

Does someone have a grasp of how the Conscript's Merge ability currently functions after the veterancy bug, that Cruzz & Mr.Smith found, was fixed a while back?
I found a great video by momo4sho, but I think it was created before the veterancy bug was fixed, which I think changed squad mechanics...

1)Exactly which stats are carried over and which ones are given to the Conscript models by the new squad?

2)Do veterancy bonuses of the merging Con squad get carried over by its models? Meaning: does the merging squad's vet matter?

3)Do the Con models gain veterancy as part of the new squad?

Thanks!
30 Jul 2018, 19:40 PM

they only give their base RA to the squad, so no difference between vet cons or base and they gain the vet of the squad they go into
30 Jul 2018, 21:59 PM

they only give their base RA to the squad, so no difference between vet cons or base and they gain the vet of the squad they go into

So it's worse to merge into Shocks than Guards, for example, because they don't get the shock armor, but they do get the received accuracy vet?
31 Jul 2018, 02:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If anyone has the hard data, feel free to correct me. It's been a while since I looked at merge.

1. The squads use Conscript base received accuracy and armor (which is 1.06 and 1, respectively). The squad uses the original squad's weapons and all weapon buffs applied through veterancy.

2. Not sure if the squad that gets merged also applies their received accuracy buffs through veterancy to the merged cons.

3. Veterancy is applied to squad entities. If you merge a vet 0 Conscript into a Vet 1 Penal squad, they will have the stats of a Vet 1 Penal. They gain Penal veterancy as part of their new squad; they no longer gain conscript veterancy.
31 Jul 2018, 08:42 AM

As far as I know a merged entity remain a conscript entity having all stats (and abilities) a vet 0 entity has. That is propably AI could use AT grenades from squads that do not have AT grenades.

It gets the weapon of the sqaud it merged with and is effected by the vet bonuses of the squad it has merged to.
31 Jul 2018, 16:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2018, 08:42 AMVipper
That is propably AI could use AT grenades from squads that do not have AT grenades.

Now that you mention it, would this apply as well to commander abilities or other skills (sandbags). Would you be able to select a full merged squad (have any ELITE unit lose all but 1 model, merge and then lose that model as well) with other conscripts squads and be able cast an AT nade or help them build a sandbag/repair a tank ?
31 Jul 2018, 16:50 PM

Now that you mention it, would this apply as well to commander abilities or other skills (sandbags). Would you be able to select a full merged squad (have any ELITE unit lose all but 1 model, merge and then lose that model as well) with other conscripts squads and be able cast an AT nade or help them build a sandbag/repair a tank ?

As far as I can remember, it used to apply to zis guns when using tracking with merged conscript models providing extra info because conscripts models had the vehicle detection ability that got activated by tracking. (not sure if it still happens or the changed the ability)

But no I don't think a player would get a button in UI to actively use an ability like AT grenades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment