Login

russian armor

Steel Division 2

PAGES (9)down
5 Oct 2019, 17:24 PM

Eugen make good games but new players get stomped by veterans/stacked lobby and then don’t want to continue playing. Maybe they don't have the money/programmers to fix it.
Eugen put too much emphasis on a custom lobby system which hurts the games MP longevity. Stellaris (Paradox) does the same mistake so now they make most money from pve'er (playing against AI).
BBI also did the same mistake with Homeworld: Deserts of kharak and Relic Homeworld MP games were also pretty bad (I know from experience).
For PvP to prosper Eugen games need a good automatch system and from what I read they had this in RUSE.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steel_Division/comments/bb7cd8/automatch/

- COH1 had a lobby system
- COH2 has automatch and lobby.
- I own RUSE. Has a lobby system. Great game! (And Stellaris too)

I agree that it can be hard to BOTH appeal to both newbies and grognards :)

5 Oct 2019, 17:26 PM

You say bullshit. Objectively, the Steel Division is a super niche game. She has huge maps, a huge number of units that need constant microcontrol. Unfortunately, the game is not interesting. And online statistics are clear evidence of this. I am not against large scale. After all, the World in Conflict was one of my favorite strategies, but there the player controlled a very small number of units that are easily controlled. Plus World in Conflict was a beautifully made game: graphically, atmospheric.

And never tell me about Battle Royals, this is a boring and unreasonably over-hype genre.

But Battle Royale is the only overplayed profitable gametype at the moment.
If that's all people play... surely the majority don't find it boring as you do ;)
5 Oct 2019, 17:49 PM

But Battle Royale is the only overplayed profitable gametype at the moment.
If that's all people play... surely the majority don't find it boring as you do ;)

Unfortunately, what is very popular does not guarantee that this is a good game. All the activities that major game publishers have been doing for many years is to reduce the quality of games and accustomed players to a low taste threshold. And the Battle Royal genre is a clear example of this - it is a very boring genre that requires minimal competence from the developer. But for some incredible reason this genre is over hype. And the developers want to take this hype train and create a ton of low-quality boring Battle Royal.
6 Oct 2019, 11:16 AM

Unfortunately, what is very popular does not guarantee that this is a good game. All the activities that major game publishers have been doing for many years is to reduce the quality of games and accustomed players to a low taste threshold. And the Battle Royal genre is a clear example of this - it is a very boring genre that requires minimal competence from the developer. But for some incredible reason this genre is over hype. And the developers want to take this hype train and create a ton of low-quality boring Battle Royal.

10000% agree with you.
It's the online game's equivalent of Reality TV.

Cheaper to make, because you don't need to pay actors, or writers, have a plot, or a script.
You just put random people together and tell them to kill each other, and you have a game!

To be honest, everyone was surprised that it proved popular.
EDIT: Not my type of game. I like games like Witcher 3 and SD2 :)
18 Oct 2019, 00:46 AM
Senior Editor Badge

19 Oct 2019, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2019, 00:46 AMnigo
New big update with a DLC is out today.

And 33% sale:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/919640/Steel_Division_2/

---------------

<444>3

I got season pass and it doesn't say I have it.
Or Reinforcement #1, 2, 3, 4. I got paid all the pre-order best.

Confused

20 Oct 2019, 11:55 AM
Senior Editor Badge

---------------

<444>3

I got season pass and it doesn't say I have it.
Or Reinforcement #1, 2, 3, 4. I got paid all the pre-order best.

Confused

You need to add manually all the reinf. pack in steam SD2 store.
18 Nov 2019, 13:24 PM
Patrion 310

I agree, Chris Ray Gun @ChrisRGun sum it up nicely:
https://twitter.com/ChrisRGun/status/1110332651817230336
Battle Royale marks the start of the “mobilization” of console / PC as game platforms. Content-lite, F2P, inexpensive games with vaguely addicting shallow gameplay loops will pour into the ecosystem making it harder for publishers to justify finely tuned expansive experiences.

Unfortunately, the growing influence of the Chinese market make it worse.
China is predominantly mobile games except internet PC cafes. China also has a huge gambling addiction/mental health problems (see below). The western gaming industry ofc want that gambling money as Chinese mentally enslaved cash cows gamble their life away.
One whale can be worth hundreds of dollars vs disgruntled western PC/console gamers that want a complete game for 60-80$?

This is what we are up against.
Gaming Addicts Have Turned Internet Cafes in China into Homes:
These Chinese gamers are so addicted they are eating, sleeping and even showering at internet cafés
https://www.facebook.com/Vocativ/videos/650700432020426/?v=650700432020426
*sigh*

There's no doubt the video game industry is fragmented and mobile games/Chinese gamers has been stigmatized for better or worse.

Sorry for this off-topic post but I love topics like this.
18 Jul 2021, 22:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Up :D

So Steel Division 2 is receiving a lot of attention from the devs. Last week we had the latest patch. Its a small community, but very active.

There's an ongoing league happen in SD community with divisions (from pro-players to rookies), interesting concept as tournament.

Season 6 from their 1v1 guys will start soon.

From their organizers, SD 1v1 League - Season 6 player list:

From GreenHD:

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my pleasure to announce the List of Players and the Division List for Season 6 of Steel Division 2 League.

This Season I bring to You 2 changes in the division system! For this season Division 2 will be played in a system of two groups with 7 players each, where top 3 places advance. This will make Division 2 more similar to Division 1 and hopefully will enhance the competition!

Second big change is the expansion of Division 5! I am delighted to see that many new players signing for League, so to make their experience even nicer Div 5 has been expanded to 4 groups of 5 players, with the 2 top places advancing to Play Offs! That means that in Division 5 the Play Offs bracket will be bigger since we will have 8 people fighting for the great final! I hope it will be a good solution to give even more people the experience of competetive play!

Keep in mind that the Divisions may change until the start next week!

Stay safe, and see You on the battlefield Commanders!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gbIzdwonozJxM4DZ4cYbqbOhv9F_ZizsZzl_acs44u0/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone is interested - SD League discord: https://discord.gg/dnDyVhnH

18 Jul 2021, 23:01 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Lastest content from SD2:

Last DLC released one week ago. 2 new divisions which fought in Southern France.

Two brand-new battlegroups are ready to deploy, playable either in skirmish or online multiplayer: the defensive-focused Verteidigungsbereich Toulon or the multinational veterans of the 1e Division Française Libre.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/919640/view/5096370070128073322

21 Aug 2021, 18:52 PM

Yea, I've been enjoying SD2.
Sad the player community is small, but it's well crafted and fun ^_^
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %