Login

russian armor

Steel Division 2

PAGES (9)down
6 May 2019, 19:16 PM
Senior Editor Badge

It's really is.
It's well coded, it's smooth, it's beautiful.

Been playing it a LOT !! :)

Me too.

Its a fresh air. Much better than coh2 stale maps and gameplay.
7 May 2019, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 19:16 PMnigo

Me too.

Its a fresh air. Much better than coh2 stale maps and gameplay.

I played Steel Division 1, and this game is not for me. Too huge scale and number of units. I, as a general, look at the icons on the map and not play. I like to see the animation of units and prefer a small but effective army. The world in Conflict is also a big map, but a small number of units of a certain military branch and cooperation with other players from a different military branch.
7 May 2019, 17:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Too huge scale and number of units. I, as a general, look at the icons on the map and not play. I like to see the animation of units and prefer a small but effective army.

I was used to think like that, but I changed my mind. SD (and now SD2 even more) give to us more the WW2 feel aspect.

If you know about WW2 vehicles, infantry and tatics, you have a better chance against people wich dont care about that.

Examples: defense in depth works in SD. Use a Panzer 3 with APCR ammo to ambush more heavier tanks works in SD and the list go on.

Morale, surrender, pinned, leaders and criticals mechanics works very well in SD.

And you can micro planes. :D
7 May 2019, 17:26 PM
Senior Editor Badge

About RECON in SD2:

Most recon infantry isn't meant for fighting. Especially the two men squads are meant for a stealthy approach on the edge of your frontline/enemy territory. You should try to get them to positions on the map where they can monitor enemy units and avoid combat.

There are recon units that are meant for fighting, for example, the Recon Panther the 5th Panzer division gets. You can use these units as you would use any tank, especially things like the Panther are tough enough to stand up to anything, but a Tank recon is usually useful when you push with your tanks. It accompanies your tanks and gives a higher chance of spotting potential enemies. The other recon units like bikes, bigger recon squads with more fighting capabilities, snipers, ect., just fill a niche role. They can be useful in some situation but their primary goal is the same, spotting enemies. Want a recon squad that will spot enemies but won't be immediately destroyed if spotted? Get the bigger recon squad (can't remember the name, I know the German one gets an MG in the squad). Want someone to spot enemies and damage morale, use the Sniper. Want something fast that can check out a lot of the map, especially all the roads, get a bike. The approach I mostly use is 2 man squads that stay hidden, recon Armor if I get it. I'm not big on recon planes. I use the Soviet sniper if I'm playing Allies in a more active combat role.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steel_Division/comments/bl6w02/any_tips_for_a_new_player/.compact

8 May 2019, 01:58 AM

I keep recruiting more people into SD2, hehehe.
I have a thing for teaching COH2 noobies.
Apparently I'm teaching SD2 noobies now ^_^
15 May 2019, 16:54 PM
15 May 2019, 18:06 PM

The beta has really been great - it's a step up from the first one and is just a blast to play.
16 May 2019, 00:51 AM

Man I guess I should pick it up.
16 May 2019, 11:04 AM

Man I guess I should pick it up.

It's basically COH4 :)
- Are you Lonewolf? I keep telling you that! :)
16 May 2019, 12:30 PM

Yes I'm LoneWolf. Before I buy I have a few questions, Number 1. Is there a leaderboard/win loss system and number 2 is there Xp Ranks like in Coh2?
16 May 2019, 14:27 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Yes I'm LoneWolf. Before I buy I have a few questions, Number 1. Is there a leaderboard/win loss system and number 2 is there Xp Ranks like in Coh2?

For the first SD game, yes to both questions.

For SD2 nobody knows yet, but probably they will copy and past the first game in this aspect.
16 May 2019, 14:29 PM

Would you recommend i buy this game over Coh1?
16 May 2019, 15:48 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Would you recommend i buy this game over Coh1?

Definitively.

CoH1 at this moment is only good for the single player campaign.

SD2 will be good for SP and MP. By the way the campaign in the SD44 Normandy (the first SD game) is good too.

SD44 Normandy is on sale now.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/572410/Steel_Division_Normandy_44/
16 May 2019, 16:35 PM

Thanks, one more question about coh1/sd44, Is the multiplayer still alive for both coh1 and sd44?
16 May 2019, 16:41 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Thanks, one more question about coh1/sd44, Is the multiplayer still alive for both coh1 and sd44?

Yes for both.

But CoH1 MP is toxic, very toxic.
16 May 2019, 19:34 PM

Ok thanks once again!
17 May 2019, 10:13 AM

Ok thanks once again!

COH1: Normandy. USA vs Germany. Add British.
COH2: Eastern. Soviets vs Germany. Add USA, British, more germans (western armies pack)

NSD44 (SD1) : Normandy. USA vs Germany. Add British = COH3
SD2 : Eastern. Soviets vs Germany (And Hungary). Add USA, Canadian, Brits, more Germans
(with the Warpack, or Western Armies pack, free if you own NSD44)(Bonus: Same cost as buying NSD44 now)
Bonus 2 : Comes with an Ardennes-style dynamic campaign (Except it's Bragalion, on the East and you
don't pay extra for it, it's built-in). = COH4

I'd show you how NSD44 is COH3, but... you never listen to me :)

I think of it as a better-made COH2, better network code, and 64 bit, not 32 bit. WAY LESS LAG
Beautiful graphics and bigger maps, and as NICO said, you can micro planes :D :D :D

Basically RUSE2 and RUSE 3 + Wargame + spearhead COH + Ardennes (East)
w more zoom in-zoom out, super smooth.

If there's a smaller community I'd mostly say is because it's generally less kind
to intense wehraboo wishes of the Nazi fantasy of the unbeatable krupp steel.

Axis players think it's only balanced if Germans auto-win. Calling for so-called "realism".
NSD44-SD2 are actually more realistic in that they add tank-busting planes which German
armor is particularily vulnerable too.

"what's the point of buying expensive super tiger tanks if they're so easy to kill"?
Everything has a counter. Germans have their own fighter planes AND the FLAK41/88. And more tools.

I'd say it's more complicated than COH2 to play and win.
But better explained, and more rewarding.

SD2 is just more of the same, but better. Much, better.
I own both RUSE and SDN44. I can show you if you like.

... Actually, haven't I shown you SDN44 already? I forget.
gold vet stars, yellow, green shield cover symbols, retreat, reverse for tanks.
Etc, etc.

Some will disagree, but it's COH3-COH4 for me.
17 May 2019, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2019, 16:41 PMnigo

Yes for both.

But CoH1 MP is toxic, very toxic.

Very, very toxic :)
17 May 2019, 12:13 PM

Thanks Feline, im buying once the summer sale hits.
19 May 2019, 00:02 AM
Patrion 310

Eugen Systems make some good lower budget strategy games and I wish the best for this sequel and the studio.
I loved to play Wargame: Red Dragon.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news/info. But previous news indicates that the studio has serious internal problems and on-going pay disputes with the French video game union.
For the working class, this is a big issue in France and not something that is going to blow over any time soon.
Unlike many other countries, France has an independent video game union also known as STJV and connected to https://www.gameworkersunite.org/.

Eugen Systems sacks 6 workers involved in ongoing pay dispute, 12/24/2018:
https://www.stjv.fr/en/2018/12/eugen-systems-sacks-6-workers-involved-in-ongoing-pay-dispute/

Eugen Systems fired six employees at the end of December who were involved in a strike last year, January 2019
https://www.pcgamer.com/steel-division-developer-eugen-systems-fires-six-staff-amid-row-about-fair-pay/
Original story:

Steel Division: Normandy ‘44 developer Eugen Systems has fired six staff that were part of a strike over pay earlier this year, allegedly for using insulting language in a private chat channel and for negatively affecting the mood in the studio.

Twenty-one developers at the Paris-based studio walked out on strike earlier this year alleging "serious violations" of their rights including delayed payments, denied overtime pay, and wages that were below the country's minimum wage. The strike ended in April after negotiations failed to make progress, and the staff vowed to take the matter to the French Labour Court. The case will be heard in March.

The firings, which occurred on December 19, were revealed by Video Game Workers Union of France this week. The union has been helping staff with the ongoing dispute. In a press release, it said that six workers were fired under the "pretext of having negatively affected the mood ('dégradé l’ambiance') of the studio and used insulting language in a conversation that took place in a private chat".

The union claimed the move was "an act of retaliation and a preemptive move by management" ahead of the court case, which is being brought by 15 employees.

Before the firings the studio had 21 staff down from 50 at the start of 2018, the union said, which would mean its work force has been cut by nearly a third. The developer is due to release Steel Division 2 next year.

I've reached out to Eugen Systems for a response and will update this article when I hear back.

Thanks, Gamasutra.

Eugen Systems developers are taking their employer to court, April 2018
https://www.pcgamer.com/eugen-systems-developers-are-taking-their-employer-to-court/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/steel-division-2/steel-division-2-russia
However, perhaps the most interesting part of the announcement is the reveal that Paradox Interactive, who published the last game and its expansions (as well as a good handful of the best strategy games you can play right now), will not be involved in the sequel. Instead, Eugen Systems will be self-publishing Steel Division 2, the first time they’ve done so.

That being said, the studio founders have not left yet so maybe they can recover.
IMO, Sega Europe should buy the studio or make a partnership for 1-2 games. Sega Europe already have another strategy studio in Paris, https://www.amplitude-studios.com/
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS