Login

russian armor

GCS2 Qualifier Noggano can no longer travel

A_E
19 Jul 2018, 20:54 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Problem

It was a educated gamble to allow Noggano and the other two Russian players a chance to qualify for GCS2, at the time it looked possible that we could arrange visas.

Unfortunately today we found out that this was a lot less likely than we originally thought. Due to current events Britain is rejecting 60% of visa applications, and Noggano would have to fly to St. Petersburg to even start an application which may still get rejected.

This is a blow for morale and although it could be foreseen it still hurts, Noggano is an awesome player and his accomplishments won't be forgotten.

Solution:

Vonasten is the only person to beat Noggano in GCS2 he won 2-1 in the quarter finals of Barbarossa, he also was the runner-up in the final of Citadel when Noggano won and qualified.

We had previously qualified vonasten and removed from the qualification process due to him having accumulated so many points it was nearly impossible for him not to qualify.

Instead of that we will now say Vonasten is given Noggano's space and we'll free up another space on points.

Also

Noggano has been sent $100 in prize money for winning the qualification tournament as an honorary prize.

GCS2 situation as it stands now:

5 qualification spaces still available:

1. 1st on points
2. 2nd on points
3. 3rd on points
4. Fan vote based on 4th - 6th on points
5. Winner of tournament 4: Bagration.

Qualifiers so far:

1. DevM (winner of Barbarossa)
2. Vonasten (runner up in Citadel, 24 GCS2 points, and only person to beat Noggano who cannot travel).
3. Luvnest (winner of Overlord)

Announcement in video form:

19 Jul 2018, 21:07 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I feel super sorry for Noggano :*(
19 Jul 2018, 21:10 PM

Sorry to hear.

Was Stuve banned from the qualifier or the entire tournament? I hope in the spirit of great competition he is around. Many people enjoy watching his high iq plays.

Thanks
A_E
19 Jul 2018, 21:11 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 21:10 PMGdot
Sorry to hear.

Was Stuve banned from the qualifier or the entire tournament? I hope in the spirit of great competition he is around. Many people enjoy watching his high iq plays.

Thanks

I will unlock the stuve thread please feel free to take your question there.
19 Jul 2018, 22:06 PM

No RU finals second live tournament in a row FeelsBlyatMan
19 Jul 2018, 22:34 PM

Had a feeling this would end up happening.
Shame we couldn't re-do the quali this weekend. But I can understand the alternative solution.

4th Quali is calling me

As a side note, I feel Noggano deserves some sort of honorary recognition for at least winning a Quali while having no way of coming to the actual live event because of bs world politics.
19 Jul 2018, 22:42 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just out of curiosity and being overall lazy to look things up, is there a special recent reason brits are denying russian visa's currently? Or is it just old Cold War era paranoia.
19 Jul 2018, 22:42 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 22:34 PMVonIvan

As a side note, I feel Noggano deserves some sort of honorary recognition for at least winning a Quali while having no way of coming to the actual live event because of bs world politics.

For the start he got 100$ from the prize pool
19 Jul 2018, 22:49 PM

For the start he got 100$ from the prize pool

Besides the prize pool(which I think is kinda low considering 8th place gets at least 400 I think) I'd like him to have an honorary mention below the 1st place winner at the live event, since he was blocked from coming by elements out of his control.
19 Jul 2018, 22:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Make Coh2 world cup in Russia :snfBarton:
19 Jul 2018, 22:52 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 22:49 PMVonIvan

Besides the prize pool(which I think is kinda low considering 8th place gets at least 400 I think) I'd like him to have an honorary mention below the 1st place winner at the live event, since he was blocked from coming by elements out of his control.

I don't think a mention of any sort shouldn't be a problem, but that's up to A_E to decide.

Imho that he even gets some money out of the prize pool is a fair deal considering he was well aware of the risks.
19 Jul 2018, 23:24 PM

Sad to hear Noggano cant make it :(
Was looking forward to meet him!

GCS2 wont be the same without Noggano <444>3
20 Jul 2018, 00:19 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Just out of curiosity and being overall lazy to look things up, is there a special recent reason brits are denying russian visa's currently? Or is it just old Cold War era paranoia.

This takes us into current politics, which is best avoided.

However, in brief, if you are really not aware:

1) in early March, there was a nerve gas attack (Novochok) in a city in UK, against an ex-Russian intelligence colonel and his daughter (who was visiting her father from Russia). Novochok is a nerve agent which was created in Soviet Russia.

2) This attack follows other attacks on mostly Russian emigres in UK. http://time.com/5187333/sergei-skripal-russian-assassinations-uk/

3) London is currently considered to be the money-laundering capital of the world, and a lot of 'dirty' Russian money is involved in that. London is under pressure to clean up.

4) The UK Immigration Department is generally considered to be not fit for purpose. The admin staff follow directives slavishly. e.g. google the "Windrush Scandal".

5) Google 'Brexit and Eastern Europeans"

In all the circumstances above, I am surprised that the rejection of visas for Russians is as low as 60%. You have to bear in mind that any application for a visa is accompanied by payment of a fee. If the application fails, the fee is lost. Make a mistake on the application, and in a strict visa regime, that will be fatal. You can of course reapply, but you have to pay again.

The UK government is currently putting heavy pressure on Pres. Putin and his allies - and if the visa system can be manipulated to cause disruption and make Russians question why things are as difficult as they are, it is part of a common purpose. i.e. to discredit the Russian regime. Unless I am incorrect, the Russian owner of Chelsea FC was recently refused a visa renewal.

I am also sorry for Noggano - but he is a pawn in a much, much larger game.

This goes far beyond 'cold war paranoia'
20 Jul 2018, 00:38 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

This takes us into current politics, which is best avoided.

However, in brief, if you are really not aware:

1) in early March, there was a nerve gas attack (Novochok) in a city in UK, against an ex-Russian intelligence colonel and his daughter (who was visiting her father from Russia). Novochok is a nerve agent which was created in Soviet Russia.

2) This attack follows other attacks on mostly Russian emigres in UK. http://time.com/5187333/sergei-skripal-russian-assassinations-uk/

3) London is currently considered to be the money-laundering capital of the world, and a lot of 'dirty' Russian money is involved in that. London is under pressure to clean up.

4) The UK Immigration Department is generally considered to be not fit for purpose. The admin staff follow directives slavishly. e.g. google the "Windrush Scandal".

5) Google 'Brexit and Eastern Europeans"

In all the circumstances above, I am surprised that the rejection of visas for Russians is as low as 60%. You have to bear in mind that any application for a visa is accompanied by payment of a fee. If the application fails, the fee is lost. Make a mistake on the application, and in a strict visa regime, that will be fatal. You can of course reapply, but you have to pay again.

The UK government is currently putting heavy pressure on Pres. Putin and his allies - and if the visa system can be manipulated to cause disruption and make Russians question why things are as difficult as they are, it is part of a common purpose. i.e. to discredit the Russian regime. Unless I am incorrect, the Russian owner of Chelsea FC was recently refused a visa renewal.

I am also sorry for Noggano - but he is a pawn in a much, much larger game.

This goes far beyond 'cold war paranoia'

I know and I try to avoid politics here at least. I'd definatly say i'm out of the loop even for American standards, not that there are "good" news outlets here anyways that try their best to not carry bias. Honestly its pretty hard to find a reliable news source in the world today because you never know who tells the truth, and no one can see the entire picture even from first hand experience.

Unfortunate for Noggano though, he deserved much more than this.
A_E
20 Jul 2018, 06:28 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 22:34 PMVonIvan

The 5th - 8th place prize pool is $200. This is given at the start of the event to also help with expenses (taxis, breakfast etc.) Noggano got $100 outright.

I am up for doing something honorary later down the line but need to know who's qualifying first so budget can be more fixed.
20 Jul 2018, 07:23 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Damn, no Comrade in GCS, that makes me sad :( too bad that people from all over the world can't come because of this shit weird visa stuff :/

gg's noggano!
20 Jul 2018, 08:42 AM

Oh noooo not again :guyokay:
20 Jul 2018, 09:03 AM
Senior Referee Badge

20 Jul 2018, 09:44 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Sad to hear this.

All the best to Noggano.
20 Jul 2018, 11:01 AM

Permanently Banned

LUL i like this double logic, Abramovich are in London from 2003 and from this time to now was 0 question about his dirty money. But only now british government undestand that his money are dirty LUL. How this guys rule the country OpieOP. So hypocrit and lie politic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 54
Germany 18
unknown 18
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %