Login

russian armor

RELIC wake up and fix damn RNG please!

14 Jul 2018, 10:22 AM

If you want RNG out of this game
How to fix Infantry small arms fight

i don't want RNG out of this game i wanted balanced RNG
14 Jul 2018, 10:26 AM

Think about what? You've brought nothing but NaCl about how randomness does not seem to suit your winrate and offering no actual solutions.

Infact if anything were to change, you would probably just come back and bitch about why all your tanks are being penetrated 3 times in a row.

yeah game shall be fair , game shall be acceptable
14 Jul 2018, 10:33 AM

yeah game shall be fair , game shall be acceptable

Game is fair.
You are in denial, because you're salty about a single instance that has happened to you.
14 Jul 2018, 10:36 AM

i don't want RNG out of this game i wanted balanced RNG

Then you need to define balanced random number generation and explain how to achieve it.

It's not like there's some sort of button at Relic HQ with "more balance!" written on it.

As it is now, if you have the same unit fire the same weapon at the same range against the same target from the same angle you've got the same chance to hit and penetrate every time. Are you suggesting Relic change that?
14 Jul 2018, 10:48 AM
Donator 11

lets see if same thing(example#2) happens to you , you will rage or not. if you didn't rage you are right but i'm pretty sure you will. if you reference to your wisdom it will say that it doesn't make any sense.

skill means having multi-tasking , right strategies , making your enemy make mistakes and use them to crush him etc... when you do these and you are about to take the enemy tank out but it doesn't because of bugged RNG. it means the game doesn't make sense.

******* What will be the difference between good and noob player in that case ? noob wins the game because luck and good wins the game because he was unlucky. The important question is >>>>

***** IS THAT FAIR ? *****

let me say something again : i'm not saying RNG shall be removed im saying it shall be balanced.

No matter how you change the possibilities, the possibility of such event (#2) will always be higher than 0. And you might still be the one who rolls that rare event.

As for skill, as I said the law of large numbers works in each coh2 match becouse of huge number of rolls that PRNG performs each game. The same law applies even better in a series of games. That means a better player will always win more in a series of games and thus climb the ladder. That is what is fair.

You can often also win despite bad luck, for example if you have enough AT to shoot a few more shots. Or if you retreat your tank a bit earlier not to rely too much on its armour. That skill is called risk management and it is what the game is mostly about.
14 Jul 2018, 10:49 AM

I think problem is armor brummbar too high plz nerf
14 Jul 2018, 11:05 AM

tbh there could be pseudo-RNG when the chance of success slightly increases after every failure, but I guess it is super hard to implement such feature for wheelchair relic team (dont forget about shitton of bugs -_- )
14 Jul 2018, 11:14 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2018, 11:05 AMROMEAT
tbh there could be pseudo-RNG when the chance of success slightly increases after every failure, but I guess it is super hard to implement such feature for wheelchair relic team (dont forget about shitton of bugs -_- )

It is not worth to modify PRNG like that. You don't even know if consecutive rolls are going to be used for the same type of event and if they define success or failure. For example in a firefight sometimes you shoot and sometimes your opponent - should your opponent have better chance to hit after you missed? probably not. So the PRNG algorithm should stay as it is.

What can be done though is modification of probabilities after some event. Such mechanism is even already in game. Penals have higher probability to hit as they lose models for example. On the other had I wouldn't like things like that implemented like that in whole game for 2 reasons:
1. It doesn't solve OP problem as his unlucky situations "that make no sense" would still happen to him from time to time.
2. It induces belief in gamblers fallacy and thus would hurt coh2 players in real life.
14 Jul 2018, 11:48 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Fixing frustrating RNG wipes is trivial to implement. Just set "Maximum models hit" to 2-3 depending on the weapon, this means a mortar or tank shell will never one-shot instagib an entire squad because they clump around something.

This is exactly what mines do, remember how mine RNG wipes were a problem until they implemented that?
14 Jul 2018, 11:49 AM

OP's complaining about consecutive bouncing, not one-hit wipes.
14 Jul 2018, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

Fixing frustrating RNG wipes is trivial to implement. Just set "Maximum models hit" to 2-3 depending on the weapon, this means a mortar or tank shell will never one-shot instagib an entire squad because they clump around something.

This is exactly what mines do, remember how mine RNG wipes were a problem until they implemented that?

Who is talking about RNG wipes here? OP is salty becouse his consecutive shots didn't penetrate.
14 Jul 2018, 21:07 PM

TBH a model of RNG like dota2 would be much better, where chances get diminishing returns, so if one ATG has only 50% chance of penetrating the second would get like 75% and the third 95% or something like that.
14 Jul 2018, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2018, 21:07 PMzerocoh
TBH a model of RNG like dota2 would be much better, where chances get diminishing returns, so if one ATG has only 50% chance of penetrating the second would get like 75% and the third 95% or something like that.

Engagements in Dota are on very micro scale and much, much shorter with a lot more factors.
In Dota you also HAVE to balance passives against active abilities.
Its completely different type of RNG for completely different scale.

CoH RNG works very well on macro scale, on micro scale anything can happen and that is what makes coh.
Without it, its just another ww2 boring arcade RTS.
Plus, Dota rng makes absolutely no sens what so ever in CoH, it could EASILY lead to situations, where 222 or M-42 are suddenly threatening to heavy armor, or veterancy, especially received accuracy, giving absolutely nothing.

If you want Sudden Strike, go play Sudden Strike.
14 Jul 2018, 21:39 PM

is that solution ? :)

i like RNG but i hate injustice RNG you know that

Look at it this way - The Ostheer player was pretty happy with RNG that game.

14 Jul 2018, 21:39 PM

Or make all HE aoe damage weapons act like the new Brumbar model. High AEO distance deals consistant health damage while low explosive damage prevents squad wipes. At least heavy HE tanks like the IS-2, ISU-152, KT and Pershing should have this.
15 Jul 2018, 02:38 AM

I think problem is armor brummbar too high plz nerf

not only brumbar also panther and King tiger and some other tanks
15 Jul 2018, 03:05 AM

No matter how you change the possibilities, the possibility of such event (#2) will always be higher than 0. And you might still be the one who rolls that rare event.

As for skill, as I said the law of large numbers works in each coh2 match becouse of huge number of rolls that PRNG performs each game. The same law applies even better in a series of games. That means a better player will always win more in a series of games and thus climb the ladder. That is what is fair.

You can often also win despite bad luck, for example if you have enough AT to shoot a few more shots. Or if you retreat your tank a bit earlier not to rely too much on its armour. That skill is called risk management and it is what the game is mostly about.

-changing possibilities will impact gameplay and will result in fair game ; for example relic can reduce RNG possibility so the tank in #2 will destroy earlier.

relic can do this thing for example : King tiger requires 15 shots to get destroyed and RNG on King tiger can be like this > from 15 shots of AT shells , sometimes 1-3 shells get depenetrated and sometimes king tiger get destroyed by 15 shells without any depenetration. this kind of RNG is fine.

-can you explain more about law of large numbers ? with example . i didn't get it

- "for example if you have enough AT" well if i will need to bring 5 AT guns instead of 3 AT guns to take out 1 Armor so how can i deal with enemy infantry ? will i have enough infantry to attack and take map while i spent my manpower on 2 more AT guns ? in the meanwhile i have 5 AT guns enemy has only 1 tank and more infantries so he can easily kill my AT guns so this can't be a good solution.

AT gun shall be able to do it's main task without disturbance of RNG, and bringing more AT gun will not only fix problem but also will cause bigger problems.
15 Jul 2018, 03:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2018, 10:33 AMKatitof

Game is fair.
You are in denial, because you're salty about a single instance that has happened to you.

why cant you see the truth ?
15 Jul 2018, 03:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2018, 10:36 AMLago

Then you need to define balanced random number generation and explain how to achieve it.

It's not like there's some sort of button at Relic HQ with "more balance!" written on it.

As it is now, if you have the same unit fire the same weapon at the same range against the same target from the same angle you've got the same chance to hit and penetrate every time. Are you suggesting Relic change that?

for example Relic and reduce RNG , a panther gets destroyed with 10 shells instead of 100 shells because 90 shells get depenetrated because of ridiculous RNG.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★