Login

russian armor

RELIC wake up and fix damn RNG please!

13 Jul 2018, 19:22 PM

Hello everyone

as you already know Company of Heroes 2 is great RTS game specially now after some updates BUT

the main question is >>>> Why Relic didn't fix RNG ?!

well i should say Coh2 is really good game but there are still some small things that causing big problems :

first and most biggest problem is RNG

i recently had a 2vs2 match and was playing as allies , when it came to late game Wehrmacht brought brummbar , i managed to reduce its hp to 1 % then i targeted it with AT guns .

you think what the result was ?! :D

3 Direct hits and depenetration GG brummbar ran away and we lost that game .

btw this silly thing didn't happen for 1 time it happened for 3 times .

GG RELIC WP
13 Jul 2018, 19:41 PM

The chance for that is as low as it should be, but there HAS TO BE SOME.
Being able to predict the result of engamenent with ABSOLUTE reliability would make the game boring af.
This is exactly why I left blitzkrieg and simillar RTS- because I could often tel just how many models of which squad will be left standin, how much HP will vehicle have after a fight and so on
13 Jul 2018, 20:12 PM

If you don't like RNG, there are plenty of "red alert" WW2 RTS games out there to play.

RNG isn't going anywhere.
13 Jul 2018, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 20:12 PMKatitof
If you don't like RNG, there are plenty of "red alert" WW2 RTS games out there to play.

RNG isn't going anywhere.

is that solution ? :)

i like RNG but i hate injustice RNG you know that
13 Jul 2018, 20:58 PM

whaat ? you are joking yeah ?

THE TANK YOU TRIED SO MUCH TO KILL IT AND IT RUNS AWAY with LOW HP because 3 AT shots got depenetrated ! this is my problem .

13 Jul 2018, 21:04 PM

The chance for that is as low as it should be, but there HAS TO BE SOME.
Being able to predict the result of engamenent with ABSOLUTE reliability would make the game boring af.
This is exactly why I left blitzkrieg and simillar RTS- because I could often tel just how many models of which squad will be left standin, how much HP will vehicle have after a fight and so on

dude i know what you say , and i'm not saying RNG shall be removed 100 % i'm just saying that its really ridiculous that 1% Hp tank doesn't die with many AT shots.

the player put some energy to bring a tiger/panther's hp to 1% and WHY it shall not die ?!
its like magic thing on heavy tanks in this game when you get low hp their second armor becomes active !! nice joke Relic! :) GG
13 Jul 2018, 21:46 PM

If RNG is so much of a thing why are there people who constantly win and others who don't?
13 Jul 2018, 21:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

You had a bad beat which has happened to all of us but this isn't a bug.
13 Jul 2018, 21:50 PM

is that solution ? :)

Yes, that is solution.

If you do not like core mechanics of a game, you change game to one with core mechanics that you do like, you don't try to brute force your way and change the game to your liking, because there is plenty of people who do like the game how it is and as mentioned before, games with mechanics you do like exist.
13 Jul 2018, 21:56 PM
Patrion 310

In the end RNG will help you as much as it hinders you. At some point in the past or future, you will be in a similar position where RNG will save you. Some RNG is good for the game.
13 Jul 2018, 22:22 PM

This is how probability works. A 2% chance is unlikely. It is not impossible.
13 Jul 2018, 22:28 PM

You had a bad beat which has happened to all of us but this isn't a bug.

why its not a bug ? i believe such RNGs are bugs
13 Jul 2018, 22:29 PM

In the end RNG will help you as much as it hinders you. At some point in the past or future, you will be in a similar position where RNG will save you. Some RNG is good for the game.

i don't like the win with no honor . game shall be fair

its simple its like football referee says its penalty while it really is not and you say its okay someone wins and someone loses because of referee's fault.

its not fair man
13 Jul 2018, 22:31 PM

why its not a bug ? i believe such RNGs are bugs

Do you understand how RNG (random number generation) works?
13 Jul 2018, 22:32 PM

its simple its like football referee says its penalty while it really is not and you say its okay someone wins and someone loses because of referee's fault.

its not fair man

Then again, go play a game with simple rules.

This one sometimes will help you, sometimes will mess you up and that's the charm of this game.
13 Jul 2018, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 21:50 PMKatitof

Yes, that is solution.

If you do not like core mechanics of a game, you change game to one with core mechanics that you do like, you don't try to brute force your way and change the game to your liking, because there is plenty of people who do like the game how it is and as mentioned before, games with mechanics you do like exist.

it seems you are one of those RNG fans who wins every game by luck no skill yeah ?
13 Jul 2018, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 22:32 PMKatitof

Then again, go play a game with simple rules.

This one sometimes will help you, sometimes will mess you up and that's the charm of this game.

RNG shall be balanced not removed okay ? do you understand difference between them ??

1 time or 2 times depenetration is fine but not 10 times
13 Jul 2018, 22:36 PM
Donator 11

its not fair man

Rng is not unfair. The numbers are generated with the same distribution for all players. Sometimes you get a lucky roll, sometimes your opponent, but when there is thousands of rolls every game, it evens out almost every game.
13 Jul 2018, 22:37 PM

it seems you are one of those RNG fans who wins every game by luck no skill yeah ?

If I wanted to play a game as plain as starcraft, I would be playing starcraft.
And so should you.

Don't try to put read what isn't written, its not going to work.
That very RNG is literally what made CoH series popular.

Don't like it, play Blitzkrieg or Sudden Strike.
13 Jul 2018, 22:37 PM
Patrion 310

its not fair man

You mean like when Colombia headbutted an England player in the box and only a yellow card was awarded instead of a red? Or should I list a few more times England have been screwed by a refs decision or "rng" as you call it.

Regardless of Football, still doesn't change RNG in this game. The ref isn't rolling a dice to decide what his decision is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment