Login

russian armor

Lend-Lease Numbers

24 Nov 2019, 00:56 AM

Nothing stupid here, since we were friends and allies in this war.

I am interested, did Americans and British asked for our most modern tanks, like T-34-85 or IS-2 for same investigations, like was with M26?
I know only about tests with KV-1 and T-34. Even saw the information, that British did have plans for producing T-34 on their factories (!!!), but it never happened. Credits to Crecer13 for this source: https://warspot.ru/13725-tridtsatchyotverka-na-gastrolyah

I am not quite sure of the if Brits continued to "import" soviet AFV after they have decided to follow the US design. However, since the US and the UN forces was doing testings on the T-34/85 they captured in the Korean War, I am guessing they have not received anything but in the early stage of the war.
24 Nov 2019, 01:05 AM

And for M36. In the game, just by visually seeing it, since it has a bore evacuator, it is almost guaranteed that it should be M36B2. However, it is a very rear variant being seen in WWII, though. So, to the best I can guesss, Relic might intend to make a normal M36 yet, however, got the wrong source picture.
And also, just a kind reminder, M1 57mm is not completely the same as the 6 pounders. M1 has a longer barrel than the early production 6 pdr. However, in the game, since the 6 pdr is a late war variant one, they both have the same length barrel.
24 Nov 2019, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 01:05 AMHarry
And for M36. In the game, just by visually seeing it, since it has a bore evacuator, it is almost guaranteed that it should be M36B2. However, it is a very rear variant being seen in WWII, though. So, to the best I can guesss, Relic might intend to make a normal M36 yet, however, got the wrong source picture.
And also, just a kind reminder, M1 57mm is not completely the same as the 6 pounders. M1 has a longer barrel than the early production 6 pdr. However, in the game, since the 6 pdr is a late war variant one, they both have the same length barrel.

Only difference I can see between the M1 57mm and 6 pdr AT gun is the muzzle break on the 6 pdr.
24 Nov 2019, 04:50 AM

Nothing stupid here, since we were friends and allies in this war.

I am interested, did Americans and British asked for our most modern tanks, like T-34-85 or IS-2 for same investigations, like was with M26?
I know only about tests with KV-1 and T-34. Even saw the information, that British did have plans for producing T-34 on their factories (!!!), but it never happened. Credits to Crecer13 for this source: https://warspot.ru/13725-tridtsatchyotverka-na-gastrolyah

Maybe but the US refused to supply the Soviet Union with heavy bombers. Supposedly the USSR requested about 200 B17s and around another 250 B24 Liberators and the request was denied by the United States.
24 Nov 2019, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 04:37 AMCODGUY

Only difference I can see between the M1 57mm and 6 pdr AT gun is the muzzle break on the 6 pdr.

In the game, Yes, it is the only difference.
In reality, no, M1 designation 57mm US AntiTank gun is not completely the same as early war 6 pdr( specifically, mark ii and mark iii). All US build gun has L/50 caliber length barrel, and the later war UK build guns too. The earlier variants were not able to reach that barrel length due to UK manufacturer restriction. So they had to cut the barrel length to L/43 caliber. The M1 designation gun did not put into mass production, and I highly doubt if it was into mass service. M1A2 is the first mass-production variant, and it only has minor changes compared to the M1.
24 Nov 2019, 11:43 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 04:50 AMCODGUY

Maybe but the US refused to supply the Soviet Union with heavy bombers. Supposedly the USSR requested about 200 B17s and around another 250 B24 Liberators and the request was denied by the United States.

Afaik, in 1944 Soviets got a lot of chances to evaluate the B-17s, when they landed on the territory, controlled by Red Army. Some of them even served in RAAF untill 1948. Also, they got some B-29 in 1945 for the same reason, which became a base for reverse engineered Tu-4.

I am not even sure, that Soviets have a plans for massive usage of heavy bombers, since their industry and strategy were heavy centred around medium bombers. At the same time, US sent a huge number of B-25s (circa 900), and one of them still can be seen in Monino Air Museum in Moscow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★