Login

russian armor

Light Vehicle Meta needs to Stop

16 Jul 2018, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2018, 17:11 PMcyso
Can't we limit machine guns/mortar/paks to two pieces at a time per player? Only if you lose one will a new slot become free, except for captured support weapons. Would it destroy the game that much? If it were designed like this from the beginning, nobody would complain afterwards, it is quite realistic that an army does not consist only of MGs. Of course, the possibilities would be slightly limited, but balancing would be much easier. I just had an idea.

We move the light vehicles a bit backwards and the UKF get snares.

Firstly, I doubt there is no game mechanic that will allow you to do that. Apart from that i don't see mg spam very often, but when i do i just smoke them with mortar => win. Only UKF can't do that, but with sniper or artillery they can do fine i guess. As for OKW they have strong early game, but the mg spam does really hurt them and i can't imagine them winning without LV (unless you manage to pull off perfect flanks/wipes)
16 Jul 2018, 16:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Nerf the t-70 into 2pak kill and give Brits snares and you have solved 90% of the issues brought up in this thread.
16 Jul 2018, 20:50 PM

Permanently Banned
If UKF get snares, Ost should get non-doc puma. Tit for tat. All factions have a weakness (except USF)
16 Jul 2018, 20:54 PM

If UKF get snares, Ost should get non-doc puma. Tit for tat. All factions have a weakness (except USF)

Usf have huge weaknesses. Soviets and Ostheer have little weaknesses.

16 Jul 2018, 20:58 PM

Permanently Banned

Usf have huge weaknesses. Soviets and Ostheer have little weaknesses.

What's USF weaknesses? Poor late game even after all the Jackson buffs? Pershing is great. Mines non-doc to catch up over aggressive armor. Ostheer infantry IS and was ALWAYS crap since 2014. Has trouble against lights (just barely better than Brits). Soviets are almost faultless. They just have poor elite inf, but otherwise they are basically super strong as shown in the tournament.
16 Jul 2018, 21:11 PM

What's USF weaknesses? Poor late game even after all the Jackson buffs? Pershing is great. Mines non-doc to catch up over aggressive armor. Ostheer infantry IS and was ALWAYS crap since 2014. Has trouble against lights (just barely better than Brits). Soviets are almost faultless. They just have poor elite inf, but otherwise they are basically super strong as shown in the tournament.

They are weak to snipers, they do not have good indirect fire, Lieutenant lacks at, and they must use doctrines to access units other factions get without one.
16 Jul 2018, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned

They are weak to snipers, they do not have good indirect fire, Lieutenant lacks at, and they must use doctrines to access units other factions get without one.

Thanks for telling everyone that your a noob. Just because USF doesn't have snipers doesn't mean it sucks. Name one light vehicle that isn't good at countering the sniper. YOu can easily outcap a sniper player as USF and rush a light out as USF has the fastest tech for lights (unless you count the AEC which only deals with armor.) And make the sniper a lot less useful.

Ostheer only has a mortar. For 1v1 the werfer isn't always accessible while USF gets mortar, pak howi, and scott. All three pack quite a punch. The scott is very accurate even on the move. The mortar has less scatter than the Ost mortar so the extra range micro is well worth it. Lieutenant has soft counters to lights. AAHT can beat a 222 and AP rounds from Mg. Zooks are still available.

Not sure what u mean by "must use docs for units." The only thing USF lacks non-doc is a super heavy. Ost lacks a true light non-doc.
16 Jul 2018, 22:48 PM

It doesn't work that way.

Sov and Ost are factions with very solid cores and varied unit that can adapt to everything without the need to resort to any single doctrine now.

3 other factions solely resolve around gimmicks and are stripped from basic units in favor of these gimmicks, however balance modders, not knowing better, got almost completely rid of these gimmicks, not giving anything in return - in USF case that resulted in buffed jackson and need to have T0 mortar.

In OKW case it changed AT volk blobs into AI volk blobs.

In Brit case it obliterated the faction and to admit to struggling against brits this patch is same as screaming "I R N00BLET" on in game chat.
16 Jul 2018, 23:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2018, 22:48 PMKatitof

It doesn't work that way.

Sov and Ost are factions with very solid cores and varied unit that can adapt to everything without the need to resort to any single doctrine now.

3 other factions solely resolve around gimmicks and are stripped from basic units in favor of these gimmicks, however balance modders, not knowing better, got almost completely rid of these gimmicks, not giving anything in return - in USF case that resulted in buffed jackson and need to have T0 mortar.

In OKW case it changed AT volk blobs into AI volk blobs.

In Brit case it obliterated the faction and to admit to struggling against brits this patch is same as screaming "I R N00BLET" on in game chat.

Ost is also centered around gimmicks like mob def. USF doctrines are all quite good now except armor. No gimmicks there. Only Ost and UKF are centered around gimmicks.
17 Jul 2018, 00:04 AM

Thanks for telling everyone that your a noob. Just because USF doesn't have snipers doesn't mean it sucks. Name one light vehicle that isn't good at countering the sniper. YOu can easily outcap a sniper player as USF and rush a light out as USF has the fastest tech for lights (unless you count the AEC which only deals with armor.) And make the sniper a lot less useful.

Ostheer only has a mortar. For 1v1 the werfer isn't always accessible while USF gets mortar, pak howi, and scott. All three pack quite a punch. The scott is very accurate even on the move. The mortar has less scatter than the Ost mortar so the extra range micro is well worth it. Lieutenant has soft counters to lights. AAHT can beat a 222 and AP rounds from Mg. Zooks are still available.

Not sure what u mean by "must use docs for units." The only thing USF lacks non-doc is a super heavy. Ost lacks a true light non-doc.

Please go back to company of heroes 2's main website, and try to control your baby rage. I have never heard of you, so you are probably not in a position to tell others l2p by calling them noobs.

I think that everyone agrees that usf, in the first 6 minutes, is weak to snipers. Even pro players were making jokes about it.
17 Jul 2018, 01:30 AM

Permanently Banned

I think that everyone agrees that usf, in the first 6 minutes, is weak to snipers. Even pro players were making jokes about it.

Show me at least one quote from a top player. And like u said for the FIRST SIX minutes. Even if that was true, would u lose a game because 6 mins of an op sniper? LOL. You can't even win a single argument against me. For the first 6 u can simply ignore the sniper and outcap. Then when u have fuel advantage, rush vehicle and then take on the sniper when you're ready.
17 Jul 2018, 05:49 AM

Show me at least one quote from a top player. And like u said for the FIRST SIX minutes. Even if that was true, would u lose a game because 6 mins of an op sniper? LOL. You can't even win a single argument against me. For the first 6 u can simply ignore the sniper and outcap. Then when u have fuel advantage, rush vehicle and then take on the sniper when you're ready.

You should battle more ingame and less on the forum.

USF is the only faction you need to decide if you prefer being raped by infantry blob or by light vehicle when you're teching. Outdated design on a faction that need a serious overhaul.
17 Jul 2018, 08:36 AM

Seems like some of you forgot coh2 is based on World War 2 where the usage of light vehicle was HUGE.

For once, coh2 is being realistic by showing how overused were the vehicle during ww2.. If all you want is digg inside trench and launch bombs on other side then find a game on WW1.

Coh2 meta is geting closer and closer to what it should have been, if you can't deal with that, u re all free to leave.
17 Jul 2018, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2018, 05:49 AMEsxile

You should battle more ingame and less on the forum.

USF is the only faction you need to decide if you prefer being raped by infantry blob or by light vehicle when you're teching. Outdated design on a faction that need a serious overhaul.

This +1

I find Airborne commander very helpful here cause you can drop AT or .50 cal, but there is no non-doc way to finagle the problem
20 Jul 2018, 02:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2018, 11:48 AMSeroth

This +1

I find Airborne commander very helpful here cause you can drop AT or .50 cal, but there is no non-doc way to finagle the problem

Anyone who says USF has no weaknesses hasn't spent any time playing USF. They were the worst faction in the game for a long time until the winter 2017 patch with the Jackson buff and then this last spring with the "screw Brits 2018 balance patch". Early game is a nightmare for USF between Volks blobs + Strumpioneer rushes and then God help you if your OST opponent rushes an MG42 into a building early because you aren't getting it out anytime soon.
20 Jul 2018, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 02:18 AMCODGUY

Anyone who says USF has no weaknesses hasn't spent any time playing USF. They were the worst faction in the game for a long time until the winter 2017 patch with the Jackson buff and then this last spring with the "screw Brits 2018 balance patch". Early game is a nightmare for USF between Volks blobs + Strumpioneer rushes and then God help you if your OST opponent rushes an MG42 into a building early because you aren't getting it out anytime soon.

I guess according to you they still worst faction when they had the best (broken) mortar in the game...
20 Jul 2018, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 02:18 AMCODGUY
God help you if your OST opponent rushes an MG42 into a building early because you aren't getting it out anytime soon.

That's literally what the T0 mortar is for.
20 Jul 2018, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 09:02 AMLago

That's literally what the T0 mortar is for.

Yes the mortar helps unless OST builds their own which they typically do and it counter batteries yours. Really some kind of flame weapon works best but USF doesn't get one.
20 Jul 2018, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 14:47 PMCODGUY
Yes the mortar helps unless OST builds their own which they typically do and it counter batteries yours. Really some kind of flame weapon works best but USF doesn't get one.

If they're investing into defending a single building to the point where you can't barrage it then go cap their cutoff. They'll have very little to defend it with.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★