Login

russian armor

M4A3E8 "Easy Eight" Sherman versus M4A3 (76) Sherman

9 Jul 2018, 22:25 PM

76 is more for tank killing

For it to be actually like that, it would have to have pen comparable to wolverine, but then it might just as well be wolverine.

Its weaker EZ8 that costs just as much.
9 Jul 2018, 23:56 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

76 is more for tank killing
Not really. EZ8 has better armor, pen, and HP all of which make it more formidable in tank engagements.
10 Jul 2018, 11:09 AM

For it to be actually like that, it would have to have pen comparable to wolverine, but then it might just as well be wolverine.

Its weaker EZ8 that costs just as much.
well the stug was called the best TD and has average pen for a TD what really made it shine was the reload speed so the same logic should be applied to the versions of the sherman (and if u look at the scatter and aoe profile) easy 8 is more of a generalist while the 76 is more honed for tank damage thanks to the high reload
so i do think that the easy 8 will be better 8/10 times but the 76 is by no means a bad tank and shine more on Mtank on Mtank fights
10 Jul 2018, 12:22 PM

well the stug was called the best TD and has average pen for a TD what really made it shine was the reload speed so the same logic should be applied to the versions of the sherman (and if u look at the scatter and aoe profile) easy 8 is more of a generalist while the 76 is more honed for tank damage thanks to the high reload
so i do think that the easy 8 will be better 8/10 times but the 76 is by no means a bad tank and shine more on Mtank on Mtank fights

StuG had a number of factors making it best TD, extremely cheap cost, very low pop, rapid fire and TWP all added up to that.

What does 76 have?
-not the cost(its 2nd most expensive "at" allied tank in game)
-not the pen(EZ8 is vastly superior)
-not cheap pop
-RoF is ok, but EZ8 is still MUCH better in med on med combat because it can actually deflect AND penetrate reliably, while posing a real threat to heavier tanks as well AND being able to survive extra shot.

76 sherman introduces a good alternative to soviet T34/76, but not to 34/85.
It was a breath of fresh air for soviets back in the day and the doctrine was picked exclusively because of DSHK and ability to call it in, without that, the unit died as both, 34/85 and KV-1 are much better alternatives for the cost.
The same thing applies to USF and regular M4 as well as ez8.
10 Jul 2018, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2018, 12:22 PMKatitof

It was a breath of fresh air for soviets back in the day and the doctrine was picked exclusively because of DSHK and ability to call it in, without that, the unit died as both, 34/85 and KV-1 are much better alternatives for the cost.

The commander was broken as hell and the meta completely boring (since the same commande with the same build order was used again again) and was certainty not a "breath of fresh air".
10 Jul 2018, 13:43 PM

I'm not saying it was balanced, none of the new commanders was.
I'm saying it was fresh, giving soviets a vehicle flavor that they previously never had, high dps med tank with pintle mg.
10 Jul 2018, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2018, 13:43 PMKatitof
I'm not saying it was balanced, none of the new commanders was.
I'm saying it was fresh, giving soviets a vehicle flavor that they previously never had, high dps med tank with pintle mg.

I guess if someone is the self-proclaimed "number one allied fanboy" then he would feel the need to justify his title by describing broken things like "lend lease", win-industry, cancer commander, USF mortar on release, Penal on redesign...as a "breath of fresh air"

M4A3 has broken reload that can go down to around 1.7 sec.
10 Jul 2018, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2018, 13:48 PMVipper

I guess if someone is the self-proclaimed "number one allied fanboy" then he would feel the need to justify his title by describing broken things like "lend lease", win-industry, cancer commander, USF mortar on release, Penal on redesign...as a "breath of fresh air"

M4A3 has broken reload that can go down to around 1.7 sec.

And I guess if someone stalks another so hard, he would do his homework on stalked persons background.
I'm proclaiming myself as all factions player, the other label got stuck to me by the likes of ulumulu or incendiary_rounds of old(which is ironical in itself).

Can you already proclaim yourself as "number one axis fanboy" already though?
You've lost subtle neutrality months ago and turned full on allied hater, only difference is, you try to excuse yourself with numbers(due to both of us knowing full well that your in game abilities not being on pair even with me).
10 Jul 2018, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2018, 14:25 PMKatitof

And I guess if someone stalks another so hard, he would do his homework on stalked persons background.

Well there goes your theory that I am stalking you because I simply have no interest in your background, I only care about not reading inaccuracies in the forum.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2018, 14:25 PMKatitof

I'm proclaiming myself as all factions player, the other label got stuck to me by the likes of ulumulu or incendiary_rounds of old(which is ironical in itself).

I am not really interest in what kind of player you are since turning every balance issue into a personal issue is your thing not mine. If you want claim that you an all faction player simply provide your player card.

You have called yourself an allied fanboy many times and you have even called yourself "the number one aliied fanboy", weather you accept that title or not it is up to you and frankly I couldn't care less.
---------------------------------

You described one of the most broken meta as a "breath of fresh air" which is simply misleading. Lend lease was broken and made the game bad and that is the simple fact, if in your opinion it was not broken feel free to argue your case.
10 Jul 2018, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2018, 12:22 PMKatitof

StuG had a number of factors making it best TD, extremely cheap cost, very low pop, rapid fire and TWP all added up to that.

What does 76 have?
-not the cost(its 2nd most expensive "at" allied tank in game)
-not the pen(EZ8 is vastly superior)
-not cheap pop
-RoF is ok, but EZ8 is still MUCH better in med on med combat because it can actually deflect AND penetrate reliably, while posing a real threat to heavier tanks as well AND being able to survive extra shot.

76 sherman introduces a good alternative to soviet T34/76, but not to 34/85.
i already said that 8/10 times the easy 8 is better but on medium vs medium the pen is good enough and it has enough armor to bounce shoots too, the reload is around 2 sec at vet 3 while the easy 8 is still around 5 sec (and has only around 20 more pen) and the 76 is faster
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
unknown 25
Peru 19
United Kingdom 201
Germany 34
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W