Login

russian armor

Should UKF get one or more of their doctrinal tools non-doc?

4 Jul 2018, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 12:14 PMVipper

Air landing officer is not a very good CQC unit its 4 men with no camo. It is however a good support unit.

Commando sten DPS is some of the best close range DPS in the game, then you've got gammon bombs. They are great in cqb.

Only issue is they are current locked behind a 500mp glider in a doctrine that's been hit with the nerfbat so many times it's mediocre. Which is a shame because the ALO is unique and cool looking unit with unique voicelines, rather than the standard UKF tommy model that gets recycled for Tommy/Tommy AT section/Universal carrier/Emplacement crews you get the picture (it's boring).
4 Jul 2018, 12:29 PM

Commando sten DPS is some of the best close range DPS in the game, then you've got gammon bombs. They are great in cqb.

Only issue is they are current locked behind a 500mp glider in a doctrine that's been hit with the nerfbat so many times it's mediocre. Which is a shame because the ALO is unique and cool looking with unique voicelines, rather than the standard UKF tommy model that gets recycled for Tommy/Tommy AT section/Universal carrier/Emplacement crews you get the picture (it's boring).

Commandos is a far better CQC unit, 5 member and cloak.
4 Jul 2018, 12:29 PM

Only issue is they are current locked behind a 500mp glider in a doctrine that's been hit with the nerfbat so many times it's mediocre. Which is a shame because the ALO is unique and cool looking with unique voicelines, rather than the standard UKF tommy model that gets recycled for Tommy/Tommy AT section/Universal carrier/Emplacement crews you get the picture (it's boring).

Good weapon is irrelevant if the squad have THE most horrible veterancy in the game and is a 4 men squad going up against factions designed to kill 5-6 man squads.

Airlanding officer is beyond terrible combat unit and its abilities are the only reasons why you'd ever consider one.
4 Jul 2018, 12:32 PM

Good weapon is irrelevant if the squad have THE most horrible veterancy in the game and is a 4 men squad going up against factions designed to kill 5-6 man squads.

Airlanding officer is beyond terrible combat unit and its abilities are the only reasons why you'd ever consider one.

non-doc and effected by 5man upgrade would be interesting to try out

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 12:29 PMVipper

Commandos is a far better CQC unit, 5 member and cloak.

Which they should be, so if you want the extra punch on a CQB map then you can go a doctrine with commandos. But giving UKF 1 non-doc cqb unit that can actually flank and kill stuff is needed here imo.

Brits have not been the same since the bren nerfs and something needs to budge
4 Jul 2018, 17:09 PM

I said iirc and disagreed with what you said because looking at your original stats you posted they seemed incorrect, and they were as others have pointed out.

Anyway there is an easy fix here and it's simply making the bonus not stack. So not really an argument to why UKF shouldn't be allowed a non-doc CQB unit to help with flanks.

What about the 210mp panzer green target size up to 5 man and weapon rack ready sappers? Not going to defend against a blob but are better vanguard than anything you will find anywhere near that price point or even above it. I don't see how adding a unit that can cheaply apply vet bonus levels of accuracy and ungodly levels of rec acc (target size of 0.2 for unvetted sappers and Tommy's) as well as sprint non doc is going to do anything but break the game. While we are at it can we get the blob officer and command panzer for the Germans? There's not nearly enough bobbing in gane we need to make sure it's always at its prime without dedicating to a commander.
4 Jul 2018, 18:50 PM

UKF would be helped a lot if the Boys AT infantry was just a 3rd upgrade option for infantry sections. It would also make more sense, instead of the outright nerfs that the last patch had. The AT sections in special weapons could be replace by command vehicle or something similar, maybe even a Valentine if they made the Valentine not suck.
5 Jul 2018, 07:16 AM

All you really have to do to fix Brits is reverse the stupid idiotic nerfs they never should have been given in the first place.

For one, put the Bren back to where it was. Yes double brens were good, you needed them to counter elite late game axis infantry like Obers and Panzergrens. They nerfed the bren and gave it weird stats that don't make any sense, but did they nerf those late game non-doc elite axis infantry and their OP non-tech required grenades? Nope!

They really screwed with the supression on the Vickers MG that its comical now, it can't even defend a capture point and pin infantry before they take it away from you. Did they nerf the MG42? Nope! I guess only Axis factions are allowed to pin infantry.

Seriously who came up with these dumb changes to Brits with the last patch? Some OKW fanboy?
6 Jul 2018, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 18:50 PMGrumpy
UKF would be helped a lot if the Boys AT infantry was just a 3rd upgrade option for infantry sections. It would also make more sense, instead of the outright nerfs that the last patch had. The AT sections in special weapons could be replace by command vehicle or something similar, maybe even a Valentine if they made the Valentine not suck.

+1

I’d like to see the valentine get some love. ( yes, pun intentional ) Its a cool unit that can work well with British base artillery and just be a neat way to keep the British different. Maybe buffs to it’s anti infantry DPS on its machineguns so it can support but not be a flanker like the AEC car.
6 Jul 2018, 01:30 AM

No most of that crap is worthless anyway. Just rollback the stupid B.S. nerfs from the last two patches that's all you have to do.
7 Jul 2018, 01:49 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2018, 01:30 AMCODGUY
No most of that crap is worthless anyway. Just rollback the stupid B.S. nerfs from the last two patches that's all you have to do.

For someone who thinks grens > rifles/IS, all you need to do is L2P.
7 Jul 2018, 09:02 AM

For someone who thinks grens > rifles/IS, all you need to do is L2P.

I L2Ped with hamstrung factions like USF and UKF. I did so because they are much harder than either Axis faction which is what makes winning with them mkre satisfying. But the spring patch just nerfed an already nerfed into the ground Brit faction and needlessly nerfed USF's .50 cal and Easy 8 (wtf? Why?). I was hoping the spring patch would get lost but unfortunately it wasn't.
7 Jul 2018, 13:27 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2018, 09:02 AMCODGUY

I L2Ped with hamstrung factions like USF and UKF. I did so because they are much harder than either Axis faction which is what makes winning with them mkre satisfying. But the spring patch just nerfed an already nerfed into the ground Brit faction and needlessly nerfed USF's .50 cal and Easy 8 (wtf? Why?). I was hoping the spring patch would get lost but unfortunately it wasn't.

That's the problem: you only played USF/UKF. Play some Ostheer and come back and tell us how great grens are.
7 Jul 2018, 14:09 PM

That's the problem: you only played USF/UKF. Play some Ostheer and come back and tell us how great grens are.

I did. My win rate is a good deal better with OST Heer than it is with any other faction. Grens are a bit more vulnerable to stuff like mortars and light vehicles because of their 4 man sqauds but in infantry vs infantry combat they do excellent against Riflemen and Infantry Sections.
7 Jul 2018, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2018, 14:09 PMCODGUY

I did. My win rate is a good deal better with OST Heer than it is with any other faction. Grens are a bit more vulnerable to stuff like mortars and light vehicles because of their 4 man sqauds but in infantry vs infantry combat they do excellent against Riflemen and Infantry Sections.

gotta play more than 10 games t be placed against enemies of your skill level. grens are far harder to use than either tommys or rifles because they are less durable, even tommys are as durable as panzergrens and can get 5 men ontop of that. low durability means you need to pay more attention to them which impacts everything. another problem is the AWFUL design of weapon racks. every single tommy/rifle can arm 2 guns ontop of being 5 men. they dont have the raw power of the mg42 but 5 men shooting at 4 men more than make up for it.
7 Jul 2018, 16:50 PM

To be honest I'm not sure if any of those options will help the UKF in its currents state enough to make them viable/enjoyable again.

I think it would be better to look over each unit and the nerfs it has received since their release and reassess whether it is truly justified.
7 Jul 2018, 20:16 PM

you missed to tell us that this dmg isnt little and they can deal with light and mdeium armor ...min push them away.

which the PIAT already do anyway, and much better at it.

The boy AT rifle is at best a side-grade compare to the PIAT in game.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2018, 13:36 PMLago

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's irrelevant. If the Relic patchnotes speak the truth it's not a downgrade versus Infantry compared to the Lee Enfield. Light AT capability isn't bad for 20 manpower.

The BOYS at rifle itself is redundant considering the British already have bren and PIAT in their tech tree. The only unique characteristic of the BOYS is the mix anti infantry/vehicle capability, and you can already do the same thing just by buying mix bren/PIAT for your tommies.

9 Jul 2018, 07:33 AM

Hmm..tell us pls which design you mean from OKW/ ost which let it be to better against 5/6 model squads?OR do you mean double upgraded bren IS/ bar rilfes? but they on the allie side...hmm
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 19
Germany 11
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %