Universal Carrier Mortar HT

Do you like the idea of a UC mortar HT?
Option Distribution Votes
70%
30%
Total votes: 47
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 Jun 2018, 10:25 AM

The reason why brits aren't so popular in 1v1 arena it's becouse they lack of more mobile indirect fire and snare options. Balancing/changing the mortar pit won't be enough and don't think it's the right way.

To keep uniqueness of british faction design and to not copy paste simple mortar from a Eastern Front Armies i would suggest to add upgrade for Universal Carrier - mortar HT.

It would make UC more desirable unit mid/late game with possiblity to clear and smoke team weapons at long range (rapid fire ability at vet1?). Cost of an upgrade i would leave to a balance team.

Stats of units would be just base on a USF or Ostheer mortar ht.

What do you think guys? Would it be a solution for a lack of basic indirect fire?
26 Jun 2018, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2018, 10:25 AMStark

What do you think guys? Would it be a solution for a lack of basic indirect fire?

As far as I know only Australia developed a WC with mortar and they shipped most of them to China, I doubt these vehicles where used in the European front.

It will also need almost a new model so I doubt this will ever happen.
26 Jun 2018, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2018, 10:37 AMVipper

As far as I know only Australia developed a WC with mortar and they shipped most of them to China, I doubt these vehicles where used in the European front.

I only can say that this unit was implemented in Steel Division. Don't know if it was accually used in Western Front or not.
26 Jun 2018, 11:26 AM

Even if the idea would be good, there is a problem of no model and animation.
26 Jun 2018, 11:39 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2018, 10:37 AMVipper

You're right about the 3 inch (current mortar ingame), but the british had 2-inch mortars modified for carrier use at the start of the war.

But the two inch mortar was basically a middle ground between a full power mortar and a rifle grenade and had no prop stand. Probably easier just to use the current three inch mortar ingame but give it a longer set up time to keep a unique flavour rather than having another UC.
26 Jun 2018, 14:55 PM

I actually suggested this idea both in the UKF Alpha forums a long time ago and then here but it wasn't really popular at the time sadly.

The only problems are that as many people said the models and animations, I don't know what Steel Division is using but the real Universal Mortar Carrier was a longer modified Australian one, the one in game is the original one, plus there is no proper animation for the 3 inch mortar outside of the mortar pit, it's basically "glued" to the emplacement, and whatever mortar you put inside it will look really weird because of the clipping issue but it might be functional and practical, if of course possible.
26 Jun 2018, 22:39 PM

THat'd be really cool, but it probably just won't happen because lelic.
27 Jun 2018, 14:20 PM

Yes please add a 2 inch or 3 inch mortar Variant. I’ve been wondering why this was never a thing up upon British release.
Honestly when I heard they were adding UC to British prealpha I was hoping for a mortar variation of the universal carrier
28 Jun 2018, 02:41 AM

I’d prefer to just see the mortar pit become more durable to indirect fire, but receive a nerf so that it can be damaged by small arms, or have the crew inside killed (not sure if that’s possible though). This makes it viable and not instantly countered by an opposing mortar or two, but still need to be protected.

New Mortar pit: expensive and immobile, but mostly immune to counter battery fire. Give it the same range as the other medium mortars but a lower rate of fire per tube in auto fire, so it’s only equivalent to about 1.5 mortars in auto fire, but gets a powerful barrage that fires as fast and hits as hard as two regular WM mortars.
29 Jun 2018, 16:32 PM

I’d prefer to just see the mortar pit become more durable to indirect fire, but receive a nerf so that it can be damaged by small arms, or have the crew inside killed (not sure if that’s possible though). This makes it viable and not instantly countered by an opposing mortar or two, but still need to be protected.

New Mortar pit: expensive and immobile, but mostly immune to counter battery fire. Give it the same range as the other medium mortars but a lower rate of fire per tube in auto fire, so it’s only equivalent to about 1.5 mortars in auto fire, but gets a powerful barrage that fires as fast and hits as hard as two regular WM mortars.

Yeah, this is a nice rework.¨
It would also require brace nerf/remove though
30 Jun 2018, 09:32 AM

Giving it a mortar isn't really possible because you'd need new models and we're not getting them at this point.

You could give it the ability to throw down UKF Howitzer smoke though.
30 Jun 2018, 11:45 AM
Donator 11

Yeah, this is a nice rework.¨
It would also require brace nerf/remove though

It would be enough it brace made structure more resilient, like it does, but not the crew against small arms or fire. In the end all they do is getting down inside a trench. That way it can live to fight another day after eating a stuka bomb, but bracing against direct attack would mean you have to recrew it afterwards and thus you lose the precious vet.

With such changes, you don't even need small arms to do any real damage to the structure itself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★