Login

russian armor

Relic! Message from STAVKA!

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
2 Sep 2013, 15:52 PM

Relic, STAVKA in their infinite wisdom has determine that Company of heroes2 is cesspit of horrible stereotypes and unbalanced game play. Many of of our top commanders have accused you of collaborating with the Fascist, although such talk has been deemed scandalous, you can not stop talk among men. STAVKA and comrade Stalin him self are infuriated and their are cries of the gulag and execution, this is a very serious matter that must be looked in to immediately.

Dear Relic,
Your continual misrepresentation of the proud Soviet RKKA ( Red army ) will no long be tolerated. Why are conscripts portrayed as useless meat sacks that can not stand their own in a fight? You yourself said the online aspect of this game is set in 1944, I am free to presume during are successful operation Bagration? Then why are troops who were well lead and equip portrayed in this disrespectful mannner? They have the armor rating inferior to their Facist counter parts, yet they cost the premium of 240 mp, why? Why are they so poorly equip? Are brave men and women toil in factories 24/7 under stressful conditions in the urals so their love ones can fight the facist with proper weapons, and yet you denied then this. This is unacceptable. Are brave men are being slaughtered because you refuse to properly equip then with a proper upgrade in weapons in the form of the ppsh or dp28. Also you increased the cost of orahhh, the battle cry of the proud Soviet people to 10 munitions, what is the meaning of this? We have to fight Facist mg42's with are inferior troops and flanking then with what many of are commanders and troops call "insta suppression" and a colossal arc of fire was not hard enough, you make it even more difficult for us, why? I stated this before, but why are men forced to fight facist with lmgs and stg 44s in such a late time period, when we are able to properly equip them? All they can do is die a sad death because of this fatal error.

Why must are commanders pay 360 man power for are penal units? They are excellent troops but why 360? They suffer the same fatal deficiency in proper armor, which you seem to give the fascist plenty of. Why do are proud and brave Gaurds troops have a inferior dps to facist grenadier squads with equip with a lmg? Are elite troops are suffering because of this. Also you gave then mosin nagants like are "conscripts" and they deserve better weapons for their bravery in battle. Another pressing matter are shock troops, they are far to expansive to be properly utilized, 480 manpower? There are cry's for your immediate execution for this unpopular order. Why can they not be 370-400 mp and the ppsh upgrade from 60 to 80 munitions? Soviet shock commanders already suffer from deficiencies in their at capabilities and you slap then in the face with this. This is extremely disrespectful. Are proud support teams has been violated by your premature changes, maxims have been rendered useless due to their damage drop, why did you give us maxims are not the dshk? We see it in the armory (game files) we are not easily fooled. Are mortars are inferior to the fascist we can not relay on them to quickly dispatch facist mg positions, because you decide to put a serious decrease in their rate of fire, are anti tanks guns seems have a rate of fire inferior to the facist pak40 as well as missing most of their targets.

Are armored divisions are happy with the recent changes to the t34, but its not over yet. The t34/85 should not a doctrinal tank who ever made this decision is an idiot, no an incompetent fool. Why is the t34 a doctrinal tank and not the Panther? MMMM? as well as its terrible rate of fire. If you insisted on keeping it tied to a doctrine like fools, then fine. But we demand it to be a single tank call in with a good rate of fire. The Is2 one of our best tanks has been disgraced why is it more expansive than an elephant or a tiger? Why does have inferior anti armor capabilities? When I get a tank for 300 fuel it better be able to take on a panther, RELIABLY.

With that being said that is all STAVKA was able to think of regarding the RKKA, they are extremely disappointed. As well as naming are men "conscripts" what is this? The American, British, and Germans soldiers were conscripts as well but they were well armored and armed as well as given proper name. This disrespect of the Soviet people and her brave men and women will no longer be tolerated.

You read this, you should know you have a lot of work to do Relic. We want to see progress you all seem like smart men, you know what we do with traitors and those who disappoint us. we shall end it with this, get to work. We have been watching playing this is closed beta and you have made many strides in the right direction. We trust you will not fail us.

Regards,
2nd LT, Yuri Kalmykov
12th guards rifle infantry division, 1st Ukrainian front
2 Sep 2013, 16:02 PM
Coder Red Badge

I chuckled.
2 Sep 2013, 16:29 PM

Yawn... after reading i felt dumber
2 Sep 2013, 16:38 PM

you know, that's a good point about what stage in the war multiplayer is in. If German infantry has the STG-44, the soviet troops should not be treated as the traditional Stalingrad cannon fodder from enemy at the gates. A single German soldier was considered better still, inflicting more casualties than a soviet one, but it was much less pronounced in 1944.

I never was a fan of the KV-8 (KV-1 with a flamethrower), T-34-85 and guards troops all being doctrinal units. At this stage in the war these units were quite common in the red army. I sort of wish they made penal battalions the doctrinal units and put guards on the special rifle command.

Pretty well written post and with thematic inspiration. I agree with most everything.
2 Sep 2013, 16:38 PM

Your continual misrepresentation of the proud Soviet RKKA ( Red army )
Proud? Well yeah, otherwise you get shot.
2 Sep 2013, 17:08 PM

You incompetent fools, I have explained my concerns in a civilized manner. I expect my opinions to treated with respect.
2 Sep 2013, 17:27 PM

Your opinion is asinine, thus... you deserve no respect friend
2 Sep 2013, 17:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

2 Sep 2013, 17:36 PM

hes quite serious
2 Sep 2013, 17:54 PM

Hahahahaha

Russians be mad because they're inferior.

Tell me, what's it like being part of one of the worst fighting machines the world has ever seen? Wanna tell me how well Chechnya went?
2 Sep 2013, 17:55 PM

Got bored after reading the first sentence and managed to get the jist of it.
2 Sep 2013, 18:00 PM

I'm not Russian you imbecile, and this is very serious I am not satisfied with how the red army is balanced. If you dont have anything useful to contribute other than troll post, then dont post at all.
2 Sep 2013, 19:37 PM

Why are conscripts portrayed as useless meat sacks that can not stand their own in a fight? You yourself said the online aspect of this game is set in 1944, I am free to presume during are successful operation Bagration? Then why are troops who were well lead and equip portrayed in this disrespectful mannner?
Even in 1944 Soviets took higher losses than the Germans. Why shouldn´t that be portrayed by stronger German troops?

When I get a tank for 300 fuel it better be able to take on a panther, RELIABLY.
Panther is the Germans anti-armour unit. It shouldn´t be beaten by IS-2 which is anti infantry. Realistically both could take each other out, but the Panther could fire 4 times faster than the IS-2.
2 Sep 2013, 20:08 PM

Even in 1944 Soviets took higher losses than the Germans. Why shouldn´t that be portrayed by stronger German troops?

Panther is the Germans anti-armour unit. It shouldn´t be beaten by IS-2 which is anti infantry. Realistically both could take each other out, but the Panther could fire 4 times faster than the IS-2.

Germans soldiers were/are not "stronger" especially in 1944 and they're not superman, but i degrees this is not about history this is about balancing in a video game . the problem are that conscripts the main fighting unit of any soviet army are completely useless, there is a reason why no one uses merge alot. They have the armor rating of 1 and grenadiers have 1.5 in addition they get lmg42s, or god forbid if they go against panzer grenadiers. Molotoves are useless, not to mention I don't know why soviet soldiers have them instead of proper grenades. further more at nades almost never damages a tanks engine now because you have to flank it, like getting with in range of a tank wasn't hard enough.

The should be beaten by an is2 the mere fact you even said that is ridiculous, the fire rate doesn't even matter. Only a fool pays 300 fuel for a tank that only fights infantry.
2 Sep 2013, 20:08 PM

Campaign portrays that, if you count all the Soviets that are systematically cut down by MG42s in just the first campaign mission its probably more than 500 killed in about 10 minutes which is probably a serious over-exaggeration. But multiplayer should be balanced, not historically accurate. Soviet is a meat shield faction so obviously they should lose more infantry than Germans, the same was true for US in vcoh. But at least in vcoh when you flanked you could actually dish out damage pretty quickly. Conscripts take on average close to 10 seconds to decrew a MG42 they are standing directly behind without using molotovs, which is pretty sad.

edit: and aside from the bit about the T34/85 (its fine imo) most of this seems pretty reasonable. Conscripts suck. Penals, Shocks, and IS2 are far too overpriced.
3 Sep 2013, 00:21 AM

edit: and aside from the bit about the T34/85 (its fine imo) most of this seems pretty reasonable. Conscripts suck. Penals, Shocks, and IS2 are far too overpriced.

I agree with everything in this thread except penals - they're a 120mp upgrade for conscripts to have super DPS minus Oorah ability, considering when you merge there is no negative trade-off of armor.

If you keep merging them instead of reinforcing, you'll find they're not that expensive at all.
3 Sep 2013, 00:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Hahahahaha

Russians be mad because they're inferior.

Tell me, what's it like being part of one of the worst fighting machines the world has ever seen? Wanna tell me how well Chechnya went?

Coh2.org keeps racist like you around, I'm not surprised. As for the worst fighting war machine the world has ever seen that will go to Italian army. If Soviet war machine was so bad they wouldn't defeat Germany nab. Also, Chechnya is under Russian rule right now, you were saying? XD
3 Sep 2013, 14:06 PM

Germans soldiers were/are not "stronger" especially in 1944 and they're not superman, but i degrees this is not about history this is about balancing in a video game .

I´m not coming up with some racial bullshit here. As a matter of fact Germans deployed MGs on a much bigger scale than any other nation of the war. Also they were for the last years of the war almost always on the defensive. This explains the higher losses for Russians. Now for the video game: The 42 has to remain strong for the German player not to get flooded by more numerous Russian infantry. The bigger Russian squads are more resistant to snipers, artillery, they can recrew stuff without retreating (1 man left for Germans after recrew) and urah around the map. If the 42 gets overnerfed the balance will be screwed the other way around.

The should be beaten by an is2 the mere fact you even said that is ridiculous, the fire rate doesn't even matter. Only a fool pays 300 fuel for a tank that only fights infantry.

I agree that the IS-2 should be cheaper than 300 fuel. That´s too much. Yet it shouldn´t "reliably" take out Panthers. It should be a rather even match. Panther is anti-tank after all and doesn´t seem to have much benefit over the Panzer IV. The overeffectiveness of the Su-85 is always defended, as the Su-85 is anti tank. As the Panther sucks much more versus infantry compared to the IS-2, it should come out on top in a 1v1 tank fight.
3 Sep 2013, 17:15 PM

Soviet squads are not more resilient to snipers then the Germans are, a well microed sniper can devastate so Soviet offensive. Not to mention if the German goes double snipers if the Soviet goes t2, because the Soviet commander will have no hard counter for it. As I stated before its not that the mg42 is to strong, its conscripts are to weak their veterancy bonus are useless and don't scale in to late as well as the Germans do. The only unit they can fight are Pioneers, with out the flame thrower.
Only Relic postRelic 3 Sep 2013, 18:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on to the balance team.

In the future though I'd advice against presenting it in this way. While I appreciate the novel presentation anything that makes feedback harder to read tends to mean that it'll be more likely to be overlooked.

Point forum arguments with maybe a few sentences of explanation are easier for us to digest given the volume of feedback we get.

Second I'd suggest not starting anything you want read by us by calling us fascists. I assume you were joking, but given the amount of multi-paragraphed rants we get that start off by calling us fascists and then move on to calling for our execution/deaths we're very very very unlikely to read it.

Had Inverse's comment not followed suggesting there was more to it than it started off with I would have just stopped reading and never returned to the thread.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS