Login

russian armor

Need some mod info

1 Jul 2018, 17:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

do anyone know where I can find "priority" so the A.I can build them first?

You can add buildings in: categorie 'army' > ai_production_info/base_building_list.
The AI will build them in random order, but cheap buildings mostly go first.
1 Jul 2018, 18:31 PM

You can add buildings in: categorie 'army' > ai_production_info/base_building_list.
The AI will build them in random order, but cheap buildings mostly go first.

I see in attributes\army\income_cap\popcap =0 if I add 500 do that mean all units for the british? if so then I don't need a win conduction mod in place in the game, I have one but it take out the commanders do still need one if I use the popcap in my mod?.

Also in the attributes\army\builder_squads can I add my custom squads in here same as the building list?

Last in the attributes\army\unlocking_upgrades again can I add my custom upgrades as above?

I have finished my mod units for the British now.

I have learn allots from you:D and Plant Smasher:D a big thanks:clap: my next plan with be the aef, soviets, german, and last west_german I printed out the info and made some notes of my own in order to start the other races the tools was a pain to get used too also abp file and now I have the COH2 UI assets I can start editing my icons also use some of the COH ones!

If I do run in some problem along the way I will post it here if not then I will still update this thread to help others like me starting out. and I hope I can call on you if I need it!:)
1 Jul 2018, 20:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I see in attributes\army\income_cap\popcap =0 if I add 500 do that mean all units for the british? if so then I don't need a win conduction mod in place in the game, I have one but it take out the commanders do still need one if I use the popcap in my mod?.

I've never edited that value, so you'have to try it and see what happens.

Also in the attributes\army\builder_squads can I add my custom squads in here same as the building list?

This list is meant the contain only the units which can build the structures from the building_list. Custom units will automatically be called in.

Last in the attributes\army\unlocking_upgrades again can I add my custom upgrades as above?

Upgrades on units are always used by the AI. I only needed to add player/global upgrades (research upgrades) in there. Like grenades and weaponrack unlocks.

I have learn allots from you:D and Plant Smasher:D a big thanks:clap: my next plan with be the aef, soviets, german, and last west_german I printed out the info and made some notes of my own in order to start the other races the tools was a pain to get used too also abp file and now I have the COH2 UI assets I can start editing my icons also use some of the COH ones!

If I do run in some problem along the way I will post it here if not then I will still update this thread to help others like me starting out. and I hope I can call on you if I need it!:)

Great to hear! I'm always ready to provide further help :D
2 Jul 2018, 00:36 AM

I've never edited that value, so you'have to try it and see what happens.

This list is meant the contain only the units which can build the structures from the building_list. Custom units will automatically be called in.

Upgrades on units are always used by the AI. I only needed to add player/global upgrades (research upgrades) in there. Like grenades and weaponrack unlocks.

Great to hear! I'm always ready to provide further help :D

Thanks for explaining above:) the popcap didn't work.

Thanks again:D
21 Jul 2018, 00:16 AM

I am back again after taken a break, :)

I have a win condition mod 500 popcap but without the commanders.

I need some help making my own win condition mod that the A.I uses the commanders but have a popcap of 700 also I do not want edit the resources,

Now another problem.
I clone the germans and deleted the 'requirements on the tanks & soldiers so they can built but when I got to save my mod it said 'your work can't be saved'?

Thank you
21 Jul 2018, 08:01 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have no experience with win conditions, but I recommend to create a new topic with a clear title. Then people who might be able to help you will find your question.
21 Jul 2018, 18:58 PM

Ok thanks

But what about my problem I have shown in the image
22 Jul 2018, 16:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Could you post a screenshot of the error message?
22 Jul 2018, 18:33 PM

Could you post a screenshot of the error message?

Here is what you get when you clone the german or aef units and deleted the 'requirements on the tanks & soldiers you save then you click 'Build' this happen all the time. And if you go back and delete the clone units from your mod and then click 'Build' again it still will not work so you have to delete the mod it self, lucky for me I make a backup copy first of all the testing I do with this mod when this happen to me first time I lost everything..

22 Jul 2018, 20:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

'exit code -1' indicates that a pathname of a file is too long. You should move your mod folder to a higher level, maybe even root C:/. All links in the mod are relative, so this shouldn't cause any trouble.
23 Jul 2018, 19:14 PM

'exit code -1' indicates that a pathname of a file is too long. You should move your mod folder to a higher level, maybe even root C:/. All links in the mod are relative, so this shouldn't cause any trouble.

So it's a pathname of one of the units.

Maybe when I clone the units I should shorten the name of the units and not leave them as clone default will that work! don't want to move my mod file but if I can't find away round it I will have too.

when you clone your units did you leave them as a clone default name or change the name!
23 Jul 2018, 19:47 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

when you clone your units did you leave them as a clone default name or change the name!

I mostly keep the clone so all other original files a linked to my edited file.
24 Jul 2018, 10:55 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

I am back again after taken a break, :)

I have a win condition mod 500 popcap but without the commanders.

I need some help making my own win condition mod that the A.I uses the commanders but have a popcap of 700 also I do not want edit the resources,

Now another problem.
I clone the germans and deleted the 'requirements on the tanks & soldiers so they can built but when I got to save my mod it said 'your work can't be saved'?

Thank you

This post is becoming quite big, could you please make new posts every time you change the subject? It's then much easier to keep track of your "problems".

Thanks for understanding and good luck modding! :)

Best Regards,
RagnarTheGamer
24 Jul 2018, 12:38 PM

This post is becoming quite big, could you please make new posts every time you change the subject? It's then much easier to keep track of your "problems".

Thanks for understanding and good luck modding! :)

Best Regards,
RagnarTheGamer

I just wanted to update this thread has I build my mod bit by bit and help other like me who is starting out, maybe I should have name this thread as Modding COH2 but I can't change that now.
24 Jul 2018, 13:02 PM

I mostly keep the clone so all other original files a linked to my edited file.

When I made the Brits I clone the original units name ok I did change some but not all and I did it bit by bit and went into the game to test it. but I now think back on my problem I didn't do it this way I just clone all the units in one go and rush it through thinking that I will save some time in building this mod and then save it maybe that was my fault and I got this error

I think I will have to just do the germans bit by bit and test it then move on to the next race like this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★