Login

russian armor

Need some mod info

27 Jun 2018, 18:47 PM

It is possible to change their weapons. Could you post a copy of your commando.abp?

here is the commando abp file

in game

27 Jun 2018, 18:58 PM

I managed to re-create this behavior. The solution is to set the variable "build" to 1. Just like you did for the 17 pdr gun.,

after adding the animator_set_variable and add build 1 yes the loader loads the shell but the 152mm acts like the 17 pounder gun so had to deleted it

27 Jun 2018, 19:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

is there a way of changing the red beret officer to black?

No, models cannot be edited.

I did had this to the abp file it works but the parachute don't leave the units when they hit the ground

These two animator_set_state actions should remove the parachute when landing:

so is it true you can't change the weaopn on commando's? the tommys can have different weaopn but not commando's?

All weapons can be used of all models, but most of them need to be added to the abp file. Only the weapons that can be dropped are located in the NewMotionTree.abp which is included in every model.

Your file looks good. Did you save it in "data\art\armies\british\soldiers\commando"? All paths in the abp are relative so the save location is very important. Do you use the default blueprint in ebps to the commando: "armies\british\soldiers\commando\commando"?

after adding the animator_set_variable and add build 1 yes the loader loads the shell but the 152mm acts like the 17 pounder gun so had to deleted it

That sounds like you use the combat_ext form the 17 pdr. Can you verify that?
27 Jun 2018, 19:54 PM

No, models cannot be edited.

These two animator_set_state actions should remove the parachute when landing:

All weapons can be used of all models, but most of them need to be added to the abp file. Only the weapons that can be dropped are located in the NewMotionTree.abp which is included in every model.

Your file looks good. Did you save it in "data\art\armies\british\soldiers\commando"? All paths in the abp are relative so the save location is very important. Do you use the default blueprint in ebps to the commando: "armies\british\soldiers\commando\commando"?

Did you save it in "data\art\armies\british\soldiers\commando"?
yes I saved the abp file in the same way when I extract it data\art\armies\british\soldiers\commando also data\art\armies\british\soldiers\tommy the only problem is the tommy still don't carry the m1 garand gun this their hands

"Did you use the default blueprint in ebps to the commando "armies\british\soldiers\commando\commando"?
NO

You ask me to make make a copy of the aef paratrooper and go from there and just add the blueprint to the commando, but I didn't need too so when I edit the ebps commando_mp I just copied the paradrop_ext into the commando file also in sbps the brits infiltration_commando_squad is the same as the aef paratrooper_squad, so I left it.

NO the combat_ext is still the same 152mm weapon I have not change this

I edit the ebps 152mm artillery gun in action_apply_ext I added the animator_set_variable and add build 1 as you can see in the image, the loader works in game but the gun fires it weapon like a 17 pounder gun, and not like a artillery with the gun up so I removed it

here is the image of the 152mm gun as you see there is no shell when loading the gun also the gun is not the same when it's in the pit the gun don't move backwards when firing it's weapon there is no animation now in the gun. is there another way to fix this please.

role_state_name = Artillery_Role was deleted in the team_weapon_ext this was in the animation for the gun.

without pit and the gun moves backwards when firing it weapon

28 Jun 2018, 15:28 PM

I added the animator_set_state in the paradrop_ext like you said and yes it works but it funny how the commando land on the map they don't work like the aef paratrooper when they land. is there away to change this?

here is the image

28 Jun 2018, 18:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I added the animator_set_state in the paradrop_ext like you said and yes it works but it funny how the commando land on the map they don't work like the aef paratrooper when they land. is there away to change this?

You can add the parachute in the .abp file, but the landing animation is mysteriously only available to the us paratroopers and fallschirmjagers.

As SneakEye said, only Paratroopers and Fallschirmjäger have the animation for that. All other units will look strange when parachuting.
28 Jun 2018, 20:03 PM

As SneakEye said, only Paratroopers and Fallschirmjäger have the animation for that. All other units will look strange when parachuting.

yes I did read what he said, why is it a mysteriously in the first place? it's the same problem with the weapons in the abp files I added the m1a1 carbine to the commandos but did it work NO they all came out on the map with RGM missing blue boxes another mysteriously problem in COH2 I am starting to learn.

it is also strange in the commando abp there is a m1 garand weapon but do the commandos use this NO another missing RGM blue box on the map when they come out. and in the tommys abp file same weapon but they came out without the weapon in their hands Yes very strange

it's the same problem with the brits glider SneakEye helped me allots but the glider still don't work in my mod.
29 Jun 2018, 10:43 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Try this commando.abp:

model =
{
"..\\..\\..\\common\\NewMotionTree.abp",
"..\\..\\..\\common\\engineer.abp",
"..\\..\\..\\aef\\props\\parachute\\parachute",
"..\\..\\..\\aef\\weapons\\grenade_mk2_pineapple\\grenade_mk2_pineapple",
"..\\..\\..\\aef\\weapons\\rifle_m1_garand\\rifle_m1_garand",
"..\\..\\..\\aef\\weapons\\rifle_m1_carbine\\rifle_m1_carbine",
"..\\..\\..\\aef\\weapons\\smg_m1_thompson\\smg_m1_thompson",
"..\\..\\..\\german\\weapons\\rifle_g43_sniper\\rifle_g43_sniper",
"..\\..\\weapons\\smg_mk2_sten\\smg_mk2_sten",
"..\\..\\weapons\\rifle_lee_enfield\\rifle_lee_enfield",
"..\\..\\weapons\\gammon_bomb\\gammon_bomb",

-- Main Mesh
"commando",
}

It doesn't use aefcommongear.abp but should contain all the stuff you want. I find that the common gear ABPs sometimes causes trouble.

The missing parachute animation is not a mystery, though - only Paratroopers and Fallschirmjäger have the animation and the current tools just don't allow us to add it to any other models. It's sad but we can't do anything about it.
29 Jun 2018, 12:44 PM

Try this commando.abp:

It doesn't use aefcommongear.abp but should contain all the stuff you want. I find that the common gear ABPs sometimes causes trouble.

The missing parachute animation is not a mystery, though - only Paratroopers and Fallschirmjäger have the animation and the current tools just don't allow us to add it to any other models. It's sad but we can't do anything about it.

Thanks for the reply on the paradrop, just have leave it or delete it. also thanks the abp file you have solve my problem a big thanks.:)

I also can see the m1a1 carbine, m1 garand, and bar 30 light machine also works now. no more missing RGM

Do you know how to fix the "designate command vehicle" I have cloned it but when I click on a vehicle it says "can't be used on this target"?

29 Jun 2018, 13:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Looking good!

When you open the ability and scroll to "target_special_validation", you will see "has_unit_type" with "unit_type" set to "brit_vehicle". This is why the ability only works on British vehicles, or, more precisely, any vehicles with this unit type. If you remove this "has_unit_type", it should work on any vehicle.

The ability gives this upgrade to the vehicle:
upgrade\british\commander\passive\command_vehicle_active

It contains the aura that affects nearby units, and, via several requirement_actions, custom UI status icons for every type of British vehicle. If you want icons for other units, you would need to add them there.
29 Jun 2018, 15:50 PM

Looking good!

When you open the ability and scroll to "target_special_validation", you will see "has_unit_type" with "unit_type" set to "brit_vehicle". This is why the ability only works on British vehicles, or, more precisely, any vehicles with this unit type. If you remove this "has_unit_type", it should work on any vehicle.

The ability gives this upgrade to the vehicle:
upgrade\british\commander\passive\command_vehicle_active

It contains the aura that affects nearby units, and, via several requirement_actions, custom UI status icons for every type of British vehicle. If you want icons for other units, you would need to add them
there.

I added it like this is it right?

There is no symbol above the first tank only the second tank is that right how it works?

to point out I don't want to build everything in my mod just to understand how the upgrades work and so on.:)

In the brits building number 2 have upgrades to the hammer and anvil I want to build both, SneakEye mod you can build both but how to do that.?

the Churchill tank have left & right hull defences machine gun how to make an upgrade on that? do you know.

Also how to add an construction of a wood_guardpost & domination_bonus so the sapper can build it and I can add a spawner_ext in the domination_bonus.

I want to make a tent for the snipers to heal them self.

last
How to call in a glider this is one problem for me I got the abilities to call in but the glider don't show. that's why I wanted to make the paras but that don't work right, so now I have gone back to the glider but it's not working for me again. do you know how to fix it?

29 Jun 2018, 17:19 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

here is the image of the 152mm gun as you see there is no shell when loading the gun also the gun is not the same when it's in the pit the gun don't move backwards when firing it's weapon there is no animation now in the gun. is there another way to fix this please.

The animation is actually set with the weapon/anim_table/state_name : artillery_state. I'm not sure why this doesn't work.

it's the same problem with the brits glider SneakEye helped me allots but the glider still don't work in my mod.

Did you clone the "abilities\british\modal_ability\commander_ability\glider_commandos_only" and only set 'squad_caster' from "all_entities" to "squad"? I tried this which worked.

There is no symbol above the first tank only the second tank is that right how it works?

Yes that's good. The command tank doesn't apply the bonuses on himself.

In the brits building number 2 have upgrades to the hammer and anvil I want to build both, SneakEye mod you can build both but how to do that.?

Remove the requirements within "upgrade\british\research\company_anvil_building_mp" and "upgrade\british\research\company_hammer_building_mp"

the Churchill tank have left & right hull defences machine gun how to make an upgrade on that? do you know.

The action is already in vet 1 as I posted earlier. Enable hardpoint 5 and 6.

Also how to add an construction of a wood_guardpost

Clone a bunker and replace the blueprint with "environment\objects\defenses\wood\watch_tower\watch_tower".

I want to make a tent for the snipers to heal them self.

I started again with a bunker and use the model "environment\objects\buildings\tent\tent". Then add in hold_ext/on_loaded_squad_actions the heal_action.
29 Jun 2018, 18:05 PM

The animation is actually set with the weapon/anim_table/state_name : artillery_state. I'm not sure why this doesn't work.

Did you clone the "abilities\british\modal_ability\commander_ability\glider_commandos_only" and only set 'squad_caster' from "all_entities" to "squad"? I tried this which worked.

Yes that's good. The command tank doesn't apply the bonuses on himself.

Remove the requirements within "upgrade\british\research\company_anvil_building_mp" and "upgrade\british\research\company_hammer_building_mp"

The action is already in vet 1 as I posted earlier. Enable hardpoint 5 and 6.

Clone a bunker and replace the blueprint with "environment\objects\defenses\wood\watch_tower\watch_tower".

I started again with a bunker and use the model "environment\objects\buildings\tent\tent". Then add in hold_ext/on_loaded_squad_actions the heal_action.

Thanks also for the help and coming back

I cloned the west_german building_03 and rename it to brits tower_support copied the blueprint of the domination_bonus_01 and paste it in the new tower_support it strange it builds on it own in game I wanted the brits sapper to build it!, Now all I want to do now is change it icon do you know how to do this?
29 Jun 2018, 18:18 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I cloned the west_german building_03 and rename it to brits tower_support copied the blueprint of the domination_bonus_01 and paste it in the new tower_support it strange it builds on it own in game I wanted the brits sapper to build it!, Now all I want to do now is change it icon do you know how to do this

The west_german building_03 has the setting construction_ext/self_construct at true. Set this to false to make the sappers build it. The icon is set in ui_ext/icon_name.
29 Jun 2018, 20:15 PM

Thanks SneakEye:):)

The glider works in game now, I will delete the paras very happy:D

Also the hammer and anvil both work now.:D

I can build the watch tower:) but because I used the bunker it don't sit on the map is there a icon for it?

I can build the heal tent:) but again I used the bunker but it don't sit right there's a hole

remade the 152mm gun as you see the loader works without pit.

The 152mm fires it weapon and gun goes backwards I will leave it for now:)

There must be a problem with the soviet 152mm gun. now just got to make my icons to finish the brits off.

Churchill tanks now uses the hull left/right guns thanks:D

The west_german building_03 has the setting construction_ext/self_construct at true. Set this to false to make the sappers build it. The icon is set in ui_ext/icon_name.

the sappers build it now thanks:D but the icon name is not in the domination_bonus_01 it's blank
30 Jun 2018, 07:37 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks SneakEye:):)

The glider works in game now, I will delete the paras very happy:D

Also the hammer and anvil both work now.:D

Churchill tanks now uses the hull left/right guns thanks:D

Great to hear, Nice job! :thumbsup:

I can build the watch tower:) but because I used the bunker it don't sit on the map is there a icon for it?

I can build the heal tent:) but again I used the bunker but it don't sit right there's a hole

This whole in the ground is set in action_action/apply_deformation_action

The tower symbol: Icons_resources_minimap_icon_watchtower
The portrait: Icons_portraits_building_common_tower and Icons_portraits_building_common_tower_winter
The icon: Icons_buildings_building_common_guard_tower

I use this icon for the tent: Icons_buildings_building_aef_rifle_company_and_support_platoon

the sappers build it now thanks:D but the icon name is not in the domination_bonus_01 it's blank

You might want to use this radar icon: Icons_buildings_building_common_mobile_radar.

All icons can be found in the UI Assest Browser
30 Jun 2018, 17:17 PM

Great to hear, Nice job! :thumbsup:

This whole in the ground is set in action_action/apply_deformation_action

The tower symbol: Icons_resources_minimap_icon_watchtower
The portrait: Icons_portraits_building_common_tower and Icons_portraits_building_common_tower_winter
The icon: Icons_buildings_building_common_guard_tower

I use this icon for the tent: Icons_buildings_building_aef_rifle_company_and_support_platoon

You might want to use this radar icon: Icons_buildings_building_common_mobile_radar.

All icons can be found in the UI Assest Browser

you have to teach me how to use this action_action/apply_deformation_action for flat ground for build.
30 Jun 2018, 19:19 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

you have to teach me how to use this action_action/apply_deformation_action for flat ground for build.

Remove the whole action ;)

This action creates the hole in the ground and we don't want that now. It will be flat without the action.
30 Jun 2018, 20:21 PM

Remove the whole action ;)

This action creates the hole in the ground and we don't want that now. It will be flat without the action.

Guard tower
Deleted action_apply_ext\actions\animator_set_state, crew_ext\race_list, combat_ext\hardpoints, repair_station_exit\race_list, upgrade_ext\standard_upgrades.

And
Heal tent
Deleted action_apply_ext\actions\animator_set_state, crew_ext\race_list, combat_ext\hardpoints, upgrade_ext\standard_upgrades

All work in game no holes in ground:)

1 Jul 2018, 15:49 PM

do anyone know where I can find "priority" so the A.I can build them first?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★