Login

russian armor

Bren Downgrade

5 Jun 2018, 16:57 PM

I've heard frequent reports that the new 45 munition Bren Guns are actually a DPS downgrade to the Infantry Section in certain circumstances.

Please could someone who knows the numbers (like Cruzz) confirm or deny this? I'd really rather not spend 45 munitions on making my squads worse. Is it a very situational thing (LMG42s are technically downgrade to Grens if you never keep them still for example) or are Brens just a flat out bad idea now?
5 Jun 2018, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2018, 16:57 PMLago
I've heard frequent reports that the new 45 munition Bren Guns are actually a DPS downgrade to the Infantry Section in certain circumstances.

Please could someone who knows the numbers (like Cruzz) confirm or deny this? I'd really rather not spend 45 munitions on making my squads worse. Is it a very situational thing (LMG42s are technically downgrade to Grens if you never keep them still for example) or are Brens just a flat out bad idea now?
at close range brens have always been worse than normal rifle same for mg 42, at long they should still at least double the rifle
5 Jun 2018, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2018, 16:57 PMLago

They always did less damage in CQC. The last accuracy nerf didn´t change anything in that regard.

It´s still a no brainer to go for Brens if you can afford them. You always want to fight at the biggest range possible no matter if you have Brens or not. CQC with infantry sections needs to be avoided as much as pobbile. Bren upgrade doesn´t change that. Mid-range and long-range DPS boost with Brens is way more important than slightly lower CQC DPS.

So yes, go for Brens whenever you have the ressources to do so.
6 Jun 2018, 00:44 AM

Bren get lower Far acc for double LMG like DP-28

But Tommy need Vet 3 to buff +20% acc I think too slow for get it
(and lower than USF Rifleman Vet 3 30% acc buff)

2 way good bren use Commando pick it their not get nerf far acc for commando bren weapon profile
or use vickers K form Spec Weapon Req their got old bren weapon profile
with Terrible gun sound
6 Jun 2018, 04:30 AM

Bren is superior to enfield from around range 4 and above.

At max range it is about 237% better.
6 Jun 2018, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2018, 04:30 AMVipper
Bren is superior to enfield from around range 4 and above.

At max range it is about 237% better.

Is the 237% per bren gun or when there duel equiped?
6 Jun 2018, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2018, 05:51 AMMongal

Is the 237% per bren gun or when there duel equiped?

1 bren vs 1 enfield max range
6 Jun 2018, 12:05 PM

Roughly how well do Bren Commandos match up against enemy elite infantry in a straight up shootout?

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2018, 06:19 AMVipper

1 bren vs 1 enfield max range

Is this accounting for the accuracy reduction?
6 Jun 2018, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2018, 12:05 PMLago
Roughly how well do Bren Commandos match up against enemy elite infantry in a straight up shootout?

1 Commandos bren has around 6.2-12 DPS
So 2 commandos bren are a bit less then 3 lgm42 and allot better than single lmg34 (8.9-14.2)for around the same mu cost.

One has to keep in mind that Ober have good long range k98 also while stens are bad at long range.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2018, 12:05 PMLago

Is this accounting for the accuracy reduction?

Yes these are the updated numbers according to cruzz.
11 Jun 2018, 12:34 PM

Brens are not worth it full stop, either is 5man or nades. You're simply investing too much MP and fuel into now nerfed upgrades while your opponent rushes a medium tank. Brits already suck so you don't want to delay your tech even more.

If you want extra AI call in some commandos or build an extra vickers. Then rush out your tanks and try to claw back the game. (just don't fall into the comet trap)
11 Jun 2018, 19:24 PM

Brens are not worth it full stop, either is 5man or nades. You're simply investing too much MP and fuel into now nerfed upgrades while your opponent rushes a medium tank. Brits already suck so you don't want to delay your tech even more.

If you want extra AI call in some commandos or build an extra vickers. Then rush out your tanks and try to claw back the game. (just don't fall into the comet trap)
bren are still good lmg but they were never meant to be THE ai counter as u already said mg and other units do that, the lmg are there to bolster their dps aganist other mainline inf
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★