Login

russian armor

Best allied faction for 4v4?

1 Jun 2018, 13:37 PM

Am I wrong if I say that Brits are the best allied faction for 4v4?

Lategame is all about indirect fire and tanks (at least all the games that I´ve play 4v4 after 30min).

Soviets are a good faction but I consider them better for 1v1 or 2v2, since there will not be a large amount of german tanks.

The big problem I´ve found is axis late game. Axis tanks are extremely hard to counter, specially if they field 4 or 5 panthers. Not even say if they also field a Jadgtiger, Tiger / Tiger Ace / King Tiger or Elefant.

That´s why I´m asking your thoughts about this. Should I learn to play with Brits for 4v4 games?
1 Jun 2018, 13:57 PM

IMO Soviets are the best because they are not crippled by absence of certain tools like game designers decided to do with other factions just to make them different.
1 Jun 2018, 14:16 PM

lol nice POV. The problem is when you have a couple of T34/85 and SU85 and try to push or defend yourself against a couple of Panthers and Panzer 4s. Those tanks are simply better, therefore in almost every situation they will win. You need always to force the situation to your advantage (eg. lead the tanks to a minefield) and that is really hard to achieve, specially against high skilled players.

Or perhaps I should stop producing T34/85s and just spam regular T34s to overwhelm the enemy like 3 T34 for every 1 Panther
1 Jun 2018, 15:34 PM

Soviet is no doubt the best one.

Soviet has everything you need, artillery, rocket, good TD, off map bombing, recon.

Also, they can cooperate with USF/UKF easily for their missing techs.

Soviet, by far, is the most useful faction in taking out Axis 105mm Howitzer or Pak 43.
1 Jun 2018, 15:41 PM

(I am noob but) It is very hard to say which faction is best because there are several situations you need to deal with: arty, heavy tanks, blobs. Defensive and Offensive stances.

Soviets have an answer to everything depending on how you tech. Maxims+Mines for blobs, Penal satchel + SU85s for tanks, Katy+ML20+IL2 for arty.

USF gets beat up early game but can make blobs, Jacksons, and Priests to do well late game.

BRITS get beat up mid game without snares and only one AEC. Late game they have Firefly+Churchill+Comet to deal with tanks. Bren blobs+Vetted vickers for blob control. They are weak in the arty.

But each faction excels in different scenarios. If you are in a defensive stance Bofors and Fireflys do very well. If you need to be aggressive USF blobs and Jacksons work well, especially after priest softening things up a bit. Soviets can go wither way maxim+Zis+SU85 for defensive or blobs+SU85+t34+Katy for offensive.

And in many cases pushing the right units out first makes all the difference. Like after a katy shot, send penals out for sight in front of SU85s. Panthers will not push for fear of satchel, etc. Or sending a cheap t34 in front so it gets targeted while your SU85s deal some damage.

My point is no matter what, once you are in game you will wish you had picked a different faction :)
1 Jun 2018, 17:13 PM

Depends. Soviets have the most compleye tool set. However, a well handled army composition of double barred rifleman screening double or more Jacksons with a Scott in there with p47 support is one hell of a combo.
1 Jun 2018, 17:16 PM

Each faction has their place. It doesn't matter what faction you play because you're only 1/4th of the team. Teamwork and synergy is king in 4v4.
1 Jun 2018, 22:04 PM

imo there no UP or OP over another faction atm each had their own strength and in the end of the days it's always about how combination from entire team

at this current patch i'd say it's best to focus on indirectfire since you can't win just with tankdestroyer and infantry is the major key to win the game you hurt infantry you decease their chance to win

try these build

SU

guards rifle combined arm : con > con > con > 2nd engineer > maxim > guard > 120mm > AT > T34/85 > katy > katy

Ost

non doc : MG > gren > gren > gren > 251 > AT > P4 > werfer > werfer

against USF : MG > gren > gren > gren > MG > Ostwind PS. no tier 2 or build if need

OKW

spec ops : volk > volk > volk > MG > P2 > AT > Stuka > Stuka > CMD Panther PS. do not build tier 4 untill CMD panther hit the field

USF

non doc : rifle > rifle > rifle > LT. > .50cal/light vehicle > sherman > scott > scott

heavy cavarly : rifle > rifle > rifle > LT. > .50cal > Cpt. > AT > Pack howie > stuart > Pershing

infantry company : rifle > rifle > REs > rifle > Cpt. > AT > Mortar HT > Mortar HT > jackson PS. equip REs with .30cal

Brit

non doc : vicker > vicker > tommy > UC > tommy > 5 men upgrade > AT > Mortar pit / sniper > Centuar

mobile assualt : vicker > tommy > tommy > UC > 5men upgrade > AT > Bren commando > cromwell > double landmattress

royal artillery : vicker > tommy > tommy > UC > 5men upgrade > AT > firefly > saxton > saxton **** build muni cache then spam concentration barrage

1 Jun 2018, 22:06 PM

I would say Brits are probably the weakest faction in 4v4, along with OKW. Strongest is definitely Ostheer or Soviets. I'm going to lean towards Ostheer due to how effective they are in "lane" with mg42s and mortars. These 2 factions are just the most diverse and can easily adapt their strategy to their team composition.

However, it is 4v4 and realistically you can make anything work. Especially since most players are pretty bad.
2 Jun 2018, 20:23 PM

OKW

spec ops : volk > volk > volk > MG > P2 > AT > Stuka > Stuka > CMD Panther PS. do not build tier 4 untill CMD panther hit the field

Eh that's a ~550 fuel build. 600-630 if you build T1 and upgrade the medics and repairs.
If you somehow manage to get that much fuel you win by any build.
2 Jun 2018, 20:31 PM

IMO Soviets are the best because they are not crippled by absence of certain tools like game designers decided to do with other factions just to make them different.

the british and USF do have alternative, they just suck.

case in point: major artillery and Foo tommy artillery vs stuka and panzer werfer.
4 Jun 2018, 08:27 AM

Eh that's a ~550 fuel build. 600-630 if you build T1 and upgrade the medics and repairs.
If you somehow manage to get that much fuel you win by any build.

2nd stuka could get skip to CMD panther depend on fuel but trust me it's 4v4 we talking about either you sit and raindown indirect fire or you get katy to dead yourself while the enemy still had double BAR/Bren + AT wall so when it's come to that even if you popcapped with T4 tank you might get push back with AT wall without any success you done by that offensive
4 Jun 2018, 08:56 AM

btw i take no credits from that build tho it's was from isildur and some from vonasten in 2v2 tourney
4 Jun 2018, 10:52 AM

In 4v4 teamwork trumps all.

If you are stuck on a team where no one techs for tanks, they build fuel caches off the bat and all select an artillery commander then it makes no odds XD Not a totally relevant point but it helps if your allies can offset the weakness of your faction.

tldr: I won't help if you have a well-rounded USSR army when your allies are spamming Mortar HTs and sextons against panthers. Yes I've had some bad team games recently and yes I am salty AF my dudes.

At the moment soviets seem like the most solid faction though in answer to the OP.
4 Jun 2018, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2018, 10:52 AMGrim
In 4v4 teamwork trumps all.

If you are stuck on a team where no one techs for tanks, they build fuel caches off the bat and all select an artillery commander then it makes no odds XD Not a totally relevant point but it helps if your allies can offset the weakness of your faction.

tldr: I won't help if you have a well-rounded USSR army when your allies are spamming Mortar HTs and sextons against panthers. Yes I've had some bad team games recently and yes I am salty AF my dudes.

At the moment soviets seem like the most solid faction though in answer to the OP.

what if the spammer you saying had all the tools he need to harm any armor that dive in his territory ? could that consider bad combination ? people told each other in averge level that fuel = win but that not totally what it is. it's about combined arms

what if you see the guy had this build like 3 con 2 flamer engineer 2 maxim 1 AT and 2 T-70 against 4 volk 1 AT 1 P4 do you think which one could have won the engagement ? my bet on SU dude he could just bleed any infantry that guading or pushing the sector while Zis gun could just scare off any armor that support or try to chase down T-70 and then he could just get own his tank later on
4 Jun 2018, 11:15 AM

what if the spammer you saying had all the tools he need to harm any armor that dive in his territory ? could that consider bad combination ? people told each other in averge level that fuel = win but that not totally what it is. it's about combined arms

what if you see the guy had this build like 3 con 2 flamer engineer 2 maxim 1 AT and 2 T-70 against 4 volk 1 AT 1 P4 do you think which one could have won the engagement ? my bet on SU dude he could just bleed any infantry that guading or pushing the sector while Zis gun could just scare off any armor that support or try to chase down T-70 and then he could just get own his tank later on

Why would I have a build without indirect fire? I'd just stuka/Leig the clump. The Stuka is particularly effective versus support weapons. That's half the trouble with this game.

Combined arms relying too heavily on support weapons and infantry can be utterly undone by one lucky rocket unit.
4 Jun 2018, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2018, 11:15 AMGrim

Why would I have a build without indirect fire? I'd just stuka/Leig the clump. The Stuka is particularly effective versus support weapons. That's half the trouble with this game.

Combined arms relying too heavily on support weapons and infantry can be utterly undone by one lucky rocket unit.

while he still dominate the VP with double T-70 ? and dont forget that T-70 arrive at 6-7 min then with indirect fire the SU dude could have get his own easily and when you build stuka it's 60+100+120+135 to get at least P4 and if this SU dude smart enough he would skip Tier 4 and wait for IS2 which should have arrive shortly after first P4 then he'll do the bleeding stuff again

dont get me wrong tho xD i dont like to be that guy like "beat ma build first then say that again bruh" that not the purpose for LimaOscarMike all im trying to say is dont quit just because you had no fuel get the tools you need if you turn out to play tier 1 with sniper there nothing wrong to build T2 to protect yourself since you accept it that you at disadvantage then nothing wrong if you build artillery while you had everything to protect yourself then take advantage from not having any tank structure to spend it on combined arms or fuel cache
4 Jun 2018, 12:03 PM

by far sov. Make some penals, TDs and some b4...and bomb the hell out of germans. No skill need. easy play.
4 Jun 2018, 13:07 PM

by far sov. Make some penals, TDs and some b4...and bomb the hell out of germans. No skill need. easy play.
ulumulu is right b4 and kw1 are the best lol maybe after nkwd doctrine and of course mechanized is easy win for usf
4 Jun 2018, 13:14 PM

ulumulu is right b4 and kw1 are the best lol maybe after nkwd doctrine and of course mechanized is easy win for usf

you underestimate a KW1.
It has really nice armor,speed and make serous dmg when you have 2-3 of them...you can overrun mostly every front after the use from 2-3 B4.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L