Login

russian armor

Players allowed conditional entry (Kimbo)

A_E
25 May 2018, 20:37 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Some players have communicated effectively and have made assurances they will behave in accordance to GCS2's rules.

1. KimboMadSlice

Was banned by Relic on primary account up until the 22nd of May after harassment of players and for using banned political symbols.

After Kimbo had seen that for GCS2 we made rule banning smurfing until seeding has been completed, he asked what he should do considering he couldn't currently practice on his primary account. It was agreed that he could play on his secondary account until the primary was unbanned and then only play on his primary. He has complied with all agreements and rules so far and so is currently allowed to entry into GCS2 qualifying.

4 Jun 2018, 14:44 PM

4 Jun 2018, 14:46 PM
Senior Referee Badge

"It was agreed that he could play on his secondary account until the primary was unbanned and then only play on his primary. "
Just a question, when did his main get unbanned?
4 Jun 2018, 14:54 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

"It was agreed that he could play on his secondary account until the primary was unbanned and then only play on his primary. "
Just a question, when did his main get unbanned?

22nd of May if I read A_Es post correctly :)
4 Jun 2018, 14:59 PM
Strategist Badge

I know this is your tournament A_E and i respect your decision, however i would like to say i believe this was the wrong course of action.

The rules specifically state no smerfing. The fact that you can smerf if you ask the tournament organisers nicely seems like favoritism, it also promotes smerfing as a totally legitimate way to get around a ban for bad behavior and relic rule breaking.

I have no problem with him playing in the tournament, i want him in it actually, but he should have either accepted the ban or gotten around the ban by playing custom matches with scrim partners.

I also think if this was the course of action best suited to the situation, that it be revealed before he began playing on this smerf account.

A_E
4 Jun 2018, 15:41 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I know this is your tournament A_E and i respect your decision, however i would like to say i believe this was the wrong course of action.

The rules specifically state no smerfing. The fact that you can smerf if you ask the tournament organisers nicely seems like favoritism, it also promotes smerfing as a totally legitimate way to get around a ban for bad behavior and relic rule breaking.

I have no problem with him playing in the tournament, i want him in it actually, but he should have either accepted the ban or gotten around the ban by playing custom matches with scrim partners.

I also think if this was the course of action best suited to the situation, that it be revealed before he began playing on this smerf account.

It wasn't just me that made this ruling, the referee group on the whole discussed it.

I appreciate what you're saying with regards to the additional rule that was made in the first week of May that read:

"As of 9th May we request that all players seeking to enter GCS2 cease activity on any smurf accounts in automatch. We need a level playing field to ensure that automatch ranks are as accurate as possible, please play on your main account only in the build up to qualification seeding."

After seeing that Kimbo then communicated politely with myself, me and the referees then discussed the issue, and he acted in accordance with what we communicated to him.

Kimbo only played on one account during the time he was banned, then once he was unbanned he played on his unbanned account.

It's not up to me or the referees for GCS2 to police the game, just ensure the players are legit, aren't going to cheat, and will follow GCS2 rules.

As far as tournaments go he's effectively done nothing wrong at this point.

That said to be unofficial for a moment, he's clearly a bit of a dick at times, and I'm sure Relic/ Sturmpanther are watching his actions very closely. If he can't play on his main during GCS2 he can't play.

4 Jun 2018, 17:29 PM

Permanently Banned
People donate for tourney, maybe thay must choose too ? If tourney are for community, i dont think that banning Kimbo from tourney are good idea. All we know how relic ban peoples with reason and without. Insulting peoples in game, when streamers stream the game in stream and chat insults peoples i dont think Kimbo are different in this level.
A_E
4 Jun 2018, 17:36 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

People donate for tourney, maybe thay must choose too ? If tourney are for community, i dont think that banning Kimbo from tourney are good idea. All we know how relic ban peoples with reason and without. Insulting peoples in game, when streamers stream the game in stream and chat insults peoples i dont think Kimbo are different in this level.

Well the thing is, the entertainment is what people paid for. Nobody likes 'the referees' or 'the rulebook' but without rules and their enforcement organised competition falls apart, and the entertainment people paid for becomes worthless.

You have to have an authority imposing this not succumbing to the whim of fans or the crowd, see every organised sport or competition in the world for reference!
4 Jun 2018, 17:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Good thing I wasn't part of that ref group Kappa. Kimbo wouldn't be there :lol:
4 Jun 2018, 21:32 PM

Can you maybe reconsider prodigyigi's entry, it would be a loss not having him play .
A_E
4 Jun 2018, 21:33 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2018, 21:32 PMrush
Can you maybe reconsider prodigyigi's entry, it would be a loss not having him play .

Was mused upon for ages, then voted on by refs. If he hadn't messed up in the very last tourney the community had he would been ok.
4 Jun 2018, 21:46 PM

Kimbo should be allowed into the tourny, if momo and farton can get entry then I don't see why not. The former was pretty bootyblasted at paula and spewed some pretty awful homophobic abuse (also insults against Chinese).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★