Login

russian armor

Spring ninjas - SBP Error & Bug Reporting

18 May 2018, 20:07 PM

You completely failed to mention the AoE buffs it did receive on medium and far range. My bad on my wording in the previous messaging though, I meant far range not close.

They're listed in the official patch notes, why would I list them?
18 May 2018, 20:14 PM

Why would you list these then? These are also in the notes?

Feel free to point to me the point where they say they reduced the damage on the heat barrage. I'll be waiting.

Listed the 0.85 near on it because actually no other special attacks for mortars got the near damage reduction (LEIG incendiary, ost mortar ht incendiary, etc) so they didn't seem to be interested in changing all mortar type weapons to that.
18 May 2018, 20:26 PM

Judging from this, if one was to try out the newly improved pack howitzer, would the recommendation be to always use the normal barrage since it has better aoe damage than the heat barrage? Judging from a gasime and the reduction of near distance and reduction of the damage, I'd guess it should be worse than the normal barrage, is it?

Just because the heat barrage has a lower near AOE radius, this doesn't mean it has less AOE damage. Keep in mind that the 120 damage is 40 more damage than the 80 normal. This means that if they had the same AOE profile, at some radius X the normal barrage is doing 60 damage and not killing model while the heat is doing 90 damage and killing models.
18 May 2018, 21:57 PM

Huh?

"Ostwind on hulldown also lost it's -50% cooldown in addition to the reload removal that affects other vehicles"

Hull down does not work at all. The ability reaches the end of the time it would take to set up and cancels, resulting in an explosion. Try it!
18 May 2018, 22:08 PM

Hull down does not work at all. The ability reaches the end of the time it would take to set up and cancels, resulting in an explosion. Try it!

I can confirm that Hull Down no longers works and explodes upon completion. I tested it on every vehicle possible in the Wehrmacht arsenal with pioneers, grenadiers, and panzergrenadiers here: https://youtu.be/lhfPbolNuNc
18 May 2018, 22:26 PM
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 18 May 2018, 22:28 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Mithiriaith beat me to it!

We are about to deploy a hotfix to address the issues people have been running into.

Thanks all for reporting problems,

Andy
18 May 2018, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2018, 22:28 PMAndy_RE

We are about to deploy a hotfix to address the issues people have been running into.

Andy

Thank you :crazy:
18 May 2018, 22:33 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Andy

Thanks for the quick release of the hotfix. :thumb:
19 May 2018, 00:42 AM
Patrion 14

Just because the heat barrage has a lower near AOE radius, this doesn't mean it has less AOE damage. Keep in mind that the 120 damage is 40 more damage than the 80 normal. This means that if they had the same AOE profile, at some radius X the normal barrage is doing 60 damage and not killing model while the heat is doing 90 damage and killing models.

Looked everything up and calculated it. They don't have the same AOE profile, which is why I asked Cruzzi.

The heat barrage would only do more damage if it fell directly on someone (near damage). With the damage multipliers for mid and far ranges it would be slightly worse than the normal (buffed) barrage.

Heat barrage (with bugged 120 damage):
near: 120*0.85=102
mid: 120*0.15=18
far: 120*0.05=6

Normal (buffed barrage):
near: 80*0.85=68
mid: 80*025=20
far: 80*0.1=8

As you can see, the normal barrage slightly outperforms the heat barrage at anything past near, which isn't that common. So if you wanted more consistent damage, the recommendation would be to use normal barrage always. The point is redundant with the fix, but I thought it to be an interesting question, which is why I asked. Here is the answer after checking everything :D (If I made a mistake somewhere, please let me know).

Andy

Thanks for the really fast fixes. :D
19 May 2018, 08:06 AM

Looked everything up and calculated it. They don't have the same AOE profile, which is why I asked Cruzzi.

USF FIXES

• Fixed an issue in which Recon Company Raid Tactics would give +7 vision to infantry indefinitely.
• Jackson far range set to 60 as originally intended in patch notes.
• Pack Howitzer Heat Barrage damage and AOE damage reverted to pre- Spring Update values (unintentional change)
• USF 81mm mortar auto attack distance scatter reverted from 0.0875 to 0.08.
19 May 2018, 08:14 AM
Senior Referee Badge

After you use the smoke and faster capping ability and cammo thing from the brits (i think the ability is called smoke raid?), all your infantry gain the ability to hold fire, for the whole game. It doesn't give you cammo tho. So it aint a big bug, but it's something :P
19 May 2018, 08:14 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Andy

Thx for the quick fix!
19 May 2018, 08:23 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2018, 08:06 AMVipper
USF FIXES

• Fixed an issue in which Recon Company Raid Tactics would give +7 vision to infantry indefinitely.
• Jackson far range set to 60 as originally intended in patch notes.
• Pack Howitzer Heat Barrage damage and AOE damage reverted to pre- Spring Update values (unintentional change)
• USF 81mm mortar auto attack distance scatter reverted from 0.0875 to 0.08.

As you can see, the normal barrage slightly outperforms the heat barrage at anything past near, which isn't that common. So if you wanted more consistent damage, the recommendation would be to use normal barrage always. The point is redundant with the fix , but I thought it to be an interesting question, which is why I asked. Here is the answer after checking everything :D (If I made a mistake somewhere, please let me know).

I'd like to kindly ask that you read my comments through to the end. The aoe profiles still remain different but now it's back to the heat barrage having better damage at all distances. ;)

19 May 2018, 08:56 AM

New bug:

You can use the Pershin call-in ability when you have between 16-18 popcap left (pershin is 19 pop)
The pershin won't be called in, but you still pay the cost and thus lose manpower and fuel
19 May 2018, 09:02 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

New bug:

You can use the Pershin call-in ability when you have between 16-18 popcap left (pershin is 19 pop)
The pershin won't be called in, but you still pay the cost and thus lose manpower and fuel

:S
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS