Login

russian armor

SBP Change Notes

22 May 2018, 23:24 PM

If lava nades on volks are such an issue, why not change them back to normal Model 24 granades, but with buffed damage against units in buildings, emplacements, heavy cover etc? And maybe keep the flame granade for the Feuersturm docrtine.

The original reason for their inclusion was to provide anti-garrison for OKW (and that was before lot of other anti-garrison tools that OKW has now), so a copycat molotov was given to them. I do not see why the lava granade cannot be now replaced with something that is still effective against units in buildings, but w/o area denial and dot damage… and also something that is historically more accurate.
10 buks that if u give volks mill granade after the first truck call in SOME PEOPLE here are gonna say how op volks are with the "new" axis-only granades and they need some nerf like making them fight with knife and only melee and only get kar after medic hq
Only Relic postRelic 22 May 2018, 23:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We've just removed Semoisky Summer from the 1vs1 automatch pool.

Apologies for the delay.
23 May 2018, 01:06 AM

If lava nades on volks are such an issue, why not change them back to normal Model 24 granades, but with buffed damage against units in buildings, emplacements, heavy cover etc? And maybe keep the flame granade for the Feuersturm docrtine.

The changes to Feuersturm were actually a deliberate middle finger to that very notion. Now with that doctrinal version of volks, they're effectively locked in for EOL.
23 May 2018, 02:14 AM

The changes to Feuersturm were actually a deliberate middle finger to that very notion. Now with that doctrinal version of volks, they're effectively locked in for EOL.

wouldn't it make more sense for the same doctrine unlock that grant flamethrower to sturm also give flame nade to volks?
23 May 2018, 03:04 AM

wouldn't it make more sense for the same doctrine unlock that grant flamethrower to sturm also give flame nade to volks?

I am pretty certain the flame nade being the standard option for volks is a core design of the balance team's vision for the game. So I'd say your answer is a hard no.
23 May 2018, 03:16 AM

I am pretty certain the flame nade being the standard option for volks is a core design of the balance team's vision for the game. So I'd say your answer is a hard no.

the flame nade was added to the volks as part of the okw reddesign, and the HE nade predated the flame grenade.

Back then the leig was absolutely awful against garrison, but now its destructive capability is on par with a regular mortar.

the main reason to not change it back is just that coh2 is a pretty old game by now.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS