Login

russian armor

Battlefield V WW2 - Reveal on May 23rd. Official.

15 May 2018, 19:44 PM

Battlefield V WW2 - Reveal on May 23rd. Official.
16 May 2018, 00:24 AM

[sIs it WW2 confirmed?]

Google search seems to say so.
16 May 2018, 00:59 AM

some ppl says korean war?!
16 May 2018, 02:53 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just looking at the video in trending, it looks like crap. But we shall see.
19 May 2018, 07:04 AM

All the Battlefield V articles show Battlefield 1 WW1 footage.
That drives me crazy.

WW2 is not confirmed.
Some talk of Bad Company Modern Combat.
Some talk of it being Battlefield 4 #2.
Some talk of it being North Korea or Vietnam.

If it's not WW2, I ain't buying it.
They did Battlefield 2 : Modern
Battlefield BC1 and 2 : Modern
Battlefield 3 : Modern
Battlefield 4 : Modern
Battlefield Hardline : Modern

I'm not interested in another modern Battlefield, personally.

And it was Battlefield WW2 and Battlefield : Forgotten Hope
that made me fall in love with Dice.

Actually, even Battlefield 2142 was nice honestly :)
23 May 2018, 19:24 PM

24 May 2018, 14:54 PM

I don't know about you guys, I didn't like the trailer, maybe the game will be better (I hope). But I have such a feeling that I looked Mad Max in the Second World War style.
24 May 2018, 15:00 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Trailer looked very wonky indeed. But man idgaf about reveal trailers anyway. Will see wht they have up their sleeves when they show me some actual gameplay and stuff like that
24 May 2018, 15:03 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I don't know about you guys, I didn't like the trailer, maybe the game will be better (I hope). But I have such a feeling that I looked Mad Max in the Second World War style.

I had that feeling as well at first but just because of the Woman with her steel hand. Might very well just be a resistance fighter (at least I hope so)
24 May 2018, 15:32 PM

I had that feeling as well at first but just because of the Woman with her steel hand. Might very well just be a resistance fighter (at least I hope so)

Yes, this is a fighter of the Dutch resistance. And the first story seems to be dedicated to the Market Garden operation (the second story in early 2019, the seasonal pass was canceled). Information from the presentation of the game.
24 May 2018, 15:36 PM

From the information of the blogger which was shown the gameplay. In game will be a super weapon: Germans - SturmTiger, British - Cherchel AVRE
24 May 2018, 15:39 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Yes, this is a fighter of the Dutch resistance. And the first story seems to be dedicated to the Market Garden operation (the second story in early 2019, the seasonal pass was canceled). Information from the presentation of the game.

This doesn't sound too bad to be honest
24 May 2018, 16:08 PM

I’m not sure about that, she sounded like she had an English accent.

The other “soldiers” were equally stupid looking. Blue face paint? No helmets? Weren’t all of the armies segregated at the time? So why is one of the tommies black? That’s almost as stupid as BF1’s German sniper being black. Honestly, CoD WWII did the integration of female and black characters better in their story mode. The “historical plausibility” of a female resistance fighter working with American soldiers or the inclusion of a black US soldier in some missions because he was from another unit that was all black makes sense. (I’m not even gong to mention how garbage their multiplayer is though. Black female Nazis? Really!?!?)

I wouldn’t have a problem with the single player having historical liberties taken, but robot arms, female soldiers and other crazy characters being portrayed as “soldiers” is garbage.

Dice is really putting the “garden” in market-garden. Lol
24 May 2018, 16:09 PM

I just miss the good old days of CoD 2 and BF1942. :(
24 May 2018, 16:16 PM

I’m not sure about that, she sounded like she had an English accent.

The other “soldiers” were equally stupid looking. Blue face paint? No helmets? Weren’t all of the armies segregated at the time? So why is one of the tommies black? That’s almost as stupid as BF1’s German sniper being black. Honestly, CoD WWII did the integration of female and black characters better in their story mode. The “historical plausibility” of a female resistance fighter working with American soldiers or the inclusion of a black US soldier in some missions because he was from another unit that was all black makes sense. (I’m not even gong to mention how garbage their multiplayer is though. Black female Nazis? Really!?!?)

I wouldn’t have a problem with the single player having historical liberties taken, but robot arms, female soldiers and other crazy characters being portrayed as “soldiers” is garbage.

Dice is really putting the “garden” in market-garden. Lol

I agree, ridiculous clothes, hair and paint. This also goes into the point of why I think that this game is similar to the Mad Max. These soldiers are not at all like the British soldiers of the Second World War. Another question that interests me very much: I hope they do not mutilate so Soviet Soldiers (this will be an epic fail). Because in the Soviet Army there was a strict discipline of clothing, only trophy weapons, knives, shoes, belts and camouflage jackets and pants were allowed.

PS my favorite part of the BF is 2142.
24 May 2018, 17:03 PM

It's not a "robot arm" it's a claw prosthesis, my old science teacher had one. And for those who think it isn't historically accurate:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=metal+hook+prosthetic&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-65Ov6Z7bAhWFKMAKHehfCK8Q_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=949

It might be silly but it adds character.

Personally I am interested in how the multiplayer will work out as the changes sound quite interesting and refreshing for Battlefield.
24 May 2018, 17:17 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2018, 17:03 PMSwift
It's not a "robot arm" it's a claw prosthesis, my old science teacher had one. And for those who think it isn't historically accurate:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=metal+hook+prosthetic&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-65Ov6Z7bAhWFKMAKHehfCK8Q_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=949

It might be silly but it adds character.

Personally I am interested in how the multiplayer will work out as the changes sound quite interesting and refreshing for Battlefield.

+1

Cyborg Arm lol.
24 May 2018, 17:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This restores my faith a bit. Sounds like the multiplayer will have the ridiculous customization so you can run around as a double amputee woman, but the rest of the gameplay sounds better. Hopefully these changes aren't just hype and actually make the game fun. I can get over the dumb customization stuff if the new squad mechanics live up to it.

Also sounds like that horrible trailer was intended to throw as much info as possible at you and tease all their new gameplay changes. It makes more sense after hearing about what all the stuff actually means, but still a clusterfuck of a trailer.
24 May 2018, 17:37 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2018, 17:33 PMTobis

Also sounds like that horrible trailer was intended to throw as much info as possible at you and tease all their new gameplay changes. It makes more sense after hearing about what all the stuff actually means, but still a clusterfuck of a trailer.

That was my intital thought. That's why I told people the trailer was basically showing off nothing besides confirming the setting
24 May 2018, 17:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

the trailer was basically showing off nothing besides confirming the setting

Well, I think it's the opposite really. They show off stuff like throwing back grenades, crawling on back, towing stuff with vehicles, the stupid cosmetic stuff, rocket strikes, driving a tank through buildings, etc etc. Just try to throw in as much shit as possible because they add all this stuff.

That jackfrags video has some insider info that talks about alot of that stuff. Rewatching that trailer showed alot more than I thought that was just scripted events the first time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★