Login

russian armor

Came back then left again.

12 May 2018, 01:36 AM

So after a total departure from this game 2 years ago, the recent balance changes and tournament caught my attention and I gave the game another shot.

While the gameplay is slightly better in that light vehicles aren't winning games left and right, I have decided I am not going to come back and play this game again, mainly due to toxic community that I encountered on ladder. A couple full games of being flamed non-stop without even a mute function, and with the community even smaller, doesn't seem worth it especially when considering what appears to be a only slightly less narrow meta (which is why I stopped playing before).

If there is some sort of punishment system, I recommend using it on player "Steffenbk1," he was the worst. Not that this behavior was totally rare even when I played before.

Later Company of Heroes, maybe I'll return when AoE4 disappoints everyone.
12 May 2018, 03:46 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

12 May 2018, 03:52 AM

12 May 2018, 04:32 AM

4950 4v4 players and 50 2v2 and 1v1 players can't be wrong.

This is toxic? This is a bunch of nerds with no life or game skills quoting stats to each other.

Who gives two shits?

12 May 2018, 07:38 AM

SteffenBK toxic to you? Really?

Show prove please or don´t bring up stuff like this.
12 May 2018, 08:39 AM
Senior Referee Badge

SteffenBK toxic to you? Really?

Show prove please or don´t bring up stuff like this.

There is a smurf account that is using the name of steffenbk1, it's not really him tho.
12 May 2018, 08:54 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

So after a total departure from this game 2 years ago, the recent balance changes and tournament caught my attention and I gave the game another shot.

While the gameplay is slightly better in that light vehicles aren't winning games left and right, I have decided I am not going to come back and play this game again, mainly due to toxic community that I encountered on ladder. A couple full games of being flamed non-stop without even a mute function, and with the community even smaller, doesn't seem worth it especially when considering what appears to be a only slightly less narrow meta (which is why I stopped playing before).

If there is some sort of punishment system, I recommend using it on player "Steffenbk1," he was the worst. Not that this behavior was totally rare even when I played before.

Later Company of Heroes, maybe I'll return when AoE4 disappoints everyone.

You saved the replay?

And yes atm there is a guy who use this name but it is not really Steffenbk1 and he will get a ban next week.

:banned:
12 May 2018, 10:54 AM

That's good to hear, nice work. I played against a rank ~30 guy with username steffenbk1, nothing but a constant stream of the most toxic homophobic / sexist / racist / cancer-based insult crap for the whole game.

I get that it's just some kid somewhere with social problems and I should ignore it, but the lack of a mute button honestly makes it a pretty depressing experience, to know that people that horrible really exist in the world.

Anyway nice work on the ban!
12 May 2018, 13:50 PM

Seeing that I have to wait more than five minutes average to get a game, banning people because they said bad words or gave themselves different nicknames is the wrong thing to do.

Even on trending the "I will call Sturmpanther" meme depicts what has become quite common in this community. A bunch of crybabies demanding their safespace using telltale and informer methods to get rid of people they don't like.

Why am I so upset about it? Because just yesterday someone wanted to report me to Sturmpanther for coming to the game a minute too late because I miscalculated the waiting time and went to pee.

That's some seriously cancerous behaviour and I have little to no respect for this kind of denunciators.
12 May 2018, 14:10 PM

Seeing that I have to wait more than five minutes average to get a game, banning people because they said bad words or gave themselves different nicknames is the wrong thing to do.

Even on trending the "I will call Sturmpanther" meme depicts what has become quite common in this community. A bunch of crybabies demanding their safespace using telltale and informer methods to get rid of people they don't like.

Why am I so upset about it? Because just yesterday someone wanted to report me to Sturmpanther for coming to the game a minute too late because I miscalculated the waiting time and went to pee.

That's some seriously cancerous behaviour and I have little to no respect for this kind of denunciators.

No one gets banned for being AFK though...so your entire post is pretty much gargabe.

Why should COH2 be a lawless place where everyone can just insult others without consequence??
12 May 2018, 14:22 PM

No one gets banned for being AFK though...so your entire post is pretty much gargabe.

Why should COH2 be a lawless place where everyone can just insult others without consequence??
Because we can't afford to lose any more players. Also having people use nazi-like (report and deport) methods ingame is equally lame.

It creates a toxic atmosphere where you can get rid of unwanted players and sometimes don't know whether you are allowed to say certain things: Is an "early gg" a reason to ban, a "Shut up?", a "l2p"-message?

And then this is all put into someones hands to decide. Those people paid money for the game.

You never know when someone is going to be offended. For example your avatar shows a murderer. How would you feel like if I was able to report you for that just because I'm an offended snowflake?
12 May 2018, 14:40 PM

You're able to report someone for existing. That's the nature of a report system.

The effect of a report system depends on whoever reads and acts upon those reports. I don't know of Relic ever acting on any reports that weren't in violation of the ToS.
12 May 2018, 15:41 PM

I dont think you even understand the basics.

@Cardboard Tank

12 May 2018, 20:39 PM
Patrion 310

12 May 2018, 21:15 PM
Donator 11

Sturmtiger - isn’t the safe space here people hiding behind their keyboard saying things that in someone’s presence would get them punched.
12 May 2018, 21:22 PM

I dont think you even understand the basics.

@Cardboard Tank

This line doesn't make sense. Provide arguments.
13 May 2018, 00:13 AM

Impersonating someone else and intentionally ruining their reputation seems like as good a reason to be reported as cheating.

I don't report people for profanity/insults/attitude, but for cheating/exploiting -- though if I encountered someone impersonating say Luvnest or Troyd, I'd report them because they're trashing that person's reputation -- and in a small community like this, reputation matters.
13 May 2018, 00:17 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Because we can't afford to lose any more players. Also having people use nazi-like (report and deport) methods ingame is equally lame.

It creates a toxic atmosphere where you can get rid of unwanted players and sometimes don't know whether you are allowed to say certain things: Is an "early gg" a reason to ban, a "Shut up?", a "l2p"-message?

And then this is all put into someones hands to decide. Those people paid money for the game.

You never know when someone is going to be offended. For example your avatar shows a murderer. How would you feel like if I was able to report you for that just because I'm an offended snowflake?

You have to trust me and relic.
Also there are already reports out where I told them that for l2p or being afk I will not give the report forward.
So no worry.
But I think you agree that cheaters and racism should not be allowed, even when they paid for the game
13 May 2018, 00:19 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Impersonating someone else and intentionally ruining their reputation seems like as good a reason to be reported as cheating.

Yup
13 May 2018, 01:33 AM

The problem is Steam/Coh2 allowing multiple people to have the same name. How many players named Dave are out there. That is why I had VonIvan give Dave a bunch of shit about his name. Is this the great USF player with Uber vehicle micro or some glue eating pudd? We will never know....

EDIT: And no one should ever play this game it is complete cancer. So good for that guy :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak