Login

russian armor

Snares

11 May 2018, 23:56 PM

Why is it almost all axis call in infantry have snares when it should be an obvious choice to invest in specialized ai but lose at like allied call in inf?

Allied tank play consist of more medium tank play which even gives axis the upperhand by all infantry units having snares and the weaker allied armor having good chances of being snarable by any form of axis at damaging it, suppose to flank with mediums when you get snared to death sentence everytime when every unit can snare, allied highly limited on snares with only their mainline infantry and brits only one doct. Snares are way less effective on axis tanks with heavie armor that can simply reverse back into their lines as its a fools errand to try and chase a king tiger snared, as well as their many blitz benefits. For example i can rifle snare a panther but it can reverse blitz far behind their lines until the actual snare projectile hits the tank and stops the speed boost so it dosent even matter. As well as a snared panther actually reverses fast enough that infantry at cant even chase it. Panthers can actually reverse so fast at time before a rifleman snare hits it it will bug it put because the tank is so far behind FOW.

Another example i invest in rangers pathfinder airborne shocks airlanding officer commandos partysans knowing i lose snares not axis though?

Why dont grens even have to be vet 1 before they can snare or any axis call in unit? What does volks have to do build a truck wow.
11 May 2018, 23:57 PM

More so in the thought mediums cant do their “flanking job” when they are just snared everytime let alone that its bordeline impossible to even flank on some maps
12 May 2018, 01:02 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 23:56 PMRocket
Why is it almost all axis call in infantry have snares when it should be an obvious choice to invest in specialized ai but lose at like allied call in inf?

Allied tank play consist of more medium tank play which even gives axis the upperhand by all infantry units having snares and the weaker allied armor having good chances of being snarable by any form of axis at damaging it, suppose to flank with mediums when you get snared to death sentence everytime when every unit can snare, allied highly limited on snares with only their mainline infantry and brits only one doct. Snares are way less effective on axis tanks with heavie armor that can simply reverse back into their lines as its a fools errand to try and chase a king tiger snared, as well as their many blitz benefits. For example i can rifle snare a panther but it can reverse blitz far behind their lines until the actual snare projectile hits the tank and stops the speed boost so it dosent even matter. As well as a snared panther actually reverses fast enough that infantry at cant even chase it. Panthers can actually reverse so fast at time before a rifleman snare hits it it will bug it put because the tank is so far behind FOW.

Another example i invest in rangers pathfinder airborne shocks airlanding officer commandos partysans knowing i lose snares not axis though?

Why dont grens even have to be vet 1 before they can snare or any axis call in unit? What does volks have to do build a truck wow.

What does armor have to do with snares? They're completely irrelevent to each other. If the KT is an issue to you currently, idk what to tell you. It's currently garbage on par with the IS2 probably.

Either this panther is on a road getting a speed bonus, which all tanks can outrun infantry AT on a road except maybe the KT, or something else magical because this is just wrong if its offroad.

Never seen this USF snare not travel through the FoW bug once it is launched. I'd like some evidence of that please.

If you want to compare the AI DPS of rangers, airborne and shocks to axis callin infantry with snares, I.e. ostruppen, falls and fussis, you'd see the trade off.

Because grens need a tech building to actually faust, unlike USF. Same with OKW.
12 May 2018, 01:03 AM

Yeah axis vehicles have it so easy when they get snared. They can just pop out their crew and repair their engine damage and drive away.

Oh wait a sec...
12 May 2018, 01:12 AM

Yeah axis vehicles have it so easy when they get snared. They can just pop out their crew and repair their engine damage and drive away.

Oh wait a sec...

is it usf op?
12 May 2018, 01:37 AM

Oh wait a sec...
they nerfed super glue long ago and axis can steal said vehicle even if you drop smoke on top of it
12 May 2018, 01:47 AM

What does armor have to do with snares? They're completely irrelevent to each other. If the KT is an issue to you currently, idk what to tell you. It's currently garbage on par with the IS2 probably.

Either this panther is on a road getting a speed bonus, which all tanks can outrun infantry AT on a road except maybe the KT, or something else magical because this is just wrong if its offroad.

Never seen this USF snare not travel through the FoW bug once it is launched. I'd like some evidence of that please.

If you want to compare the AI DPS of rangers, airborne and shocks to axis callin infantry with snares, I.e. ostruppen, falls and fussis, you'd see the trade off.

Because grens need a tech building to actually faust, unlike USF. Same with OKW.
always the axis comparison yes lets compare models dps and various vet levels of rangers with tommys at close ranger and not take into account a million other factors how many models did i lose on the way to get into my premium range. Just like the age old double bar bullshit when rifles lose 2 models before they even get in ranger to put doubles bars to use in most situations not even comparing once again various vet levels and there percentages as well as axis in general better recieved accuaracy bonuses.

Ok i will record it for you when riflemen bug out ie the button is showing that is under use and then panther immediately speed boost reverse into fow and rifleman are now in a state of pergatory and nothing happens.

Armor has to do with snares because they have to at least be dmged when the majority of allied tanks weaker armor are easily damaged by any form of axis at and axis are not great chances to bounce even jackson rounds. Kingn tiger refereance is someone with a brain using it and not over extending it too far makes little differance if i snare it it has too much health and too much armor to try and chase it behind there lines.

Yes because vet falls with dps at all ranges or fusilers from far range are just terrible yeah right.
12 May 2018, 01:49 AM

Also the whole idea of allied medium armor is speed and flanking and is completely undermined bu every acis unit having snares
12 May 2018, 01:54 AM

i mean sure lets place vet 0 shcoks on top of vet 0 fussis no shit shocks will win but this isnt how the game works vet 0 rangers fight vet 2 or 3 volks with stgs and so on at first this is irrelevant to why all axis call in have snares. Fussies did only because volks didnt now volks do fusses should not and falls shouldnt either
12 May 2018, 01:56 AM

You can bully rangers airborne pathefinder partysans any allied call in infantry with light vehicles or tanks they can do shit about it. Cant do that to axis tho no no no
12 May 2018, 02:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2018, 01:47 AMRocket
always the axis comparison yes lets compare models dps and various vet levels of rangers with tommys at close ranger and not take into account a million other factors how many models did i lose on the way to get into my premium range. Just like the age old double bar bullshit when rifles lose 2 models before they even get in ranger to put doubles bars to use in most situations not even comparing once again various vet levels and there percentages as well as axis in general better recieved accuaracy bonuses.
You asked for my reply to this thread. You got it. Why would you compare rangers to tommies? They don't fight each other, and they're not balanced against each other. Losing models while pushing? Smoke overrated. USF has the most access to smoke compared to any other faction. Idk where you get the notion that axis units have better RA bonuses. Look at current volk vet. Its hilariously bad comparing XP/vet.

Ok i will record it for you when riflemen bug out ie the button is showing that is under use and then panther immediately speed boost reverse into fow and rifleman are now in a state of pergatory and nothing happens.

I know this bug^ You said
For example i can rifle snare a panther but it can reverse blitz far behind their lines until the actual snare projectile hits the tank and stops the speed boost so it dosent even matter.
which as I interpreted it the snare is already launched and moving towards the panther. The bug where the unit doesn't launch the snare is very well known.

Armor has to do with snares because they have to at least be dmged when the majority of allied tanks weaker armor are easily damaged by any form of axis at and axis are not great chances to bounce even jackson rounds. Kingn tiger refereance is someone with a brain using it and not over extending it too far makes little differance if i snare it it has too much health and too much armor to try and chase it behind there lines.

Stock medium armor has nothing to do with snares because stock mediums penetration for allies is offset to compare to the axis counterpart

Yes because vet falls with dps at all ranges or fusilers from far range are just terrible yeah right.

They're not bad, but they're not Airborne AI with vet or rangers AI.
12 May 2018, 02:13 AM

I meant rangers with tommys equiped
12 May 2018, 02:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2018, 02:13 AMRocket
I meant rangers with tommys equiped

oh......... :rofl: my bad
12 May 2018, 02:30 AM

Yeah it does because any allied armor is easily damaged from any form of axis at making it snarable as axis armor brumbar tigers panthers etc have great chances of bouncing lots of forms of allied at especially handheld making them still in snarable
12 May 2018, 09:53 AM

They need the building from which you can purchase them. :clap:

The snare question is an interesting one but should be asked in another way

1- Should all Pfaust be snare or should pfaust be always a snare. Gren having Pfaust is important early game vs M3 or Bren, but should it be a snare?
Could we imagine they just deal damage early game and then require an upgrade to snare.

2- Should all tanks have the same snare threeshold? There are tanks design around mobility and having less armor. Why would those tanks being snared at 75% health.

-3 USF snare is a gimmick, requires Vet1 and take ages to fire, you can have your target close to you when you active it and already be in the fog of war before you actually hit it. I don't remember if the minimum range have been removed.

OKW and Ostheer having AT power (from pfaust to shreck upgrade) on every of their infantry except Pio and Obers is also something to be considered.
12 May 2018, 11:27 AM
Donator 11

And sometimes ppl. (including myself) overuse the snares. "Did i mention the tank is a tank?" IF you can take the hit, take it and watch the infantry die trying to get their snare off.

On the other hand , really good m3 or usc jeep micro or whatever allied early vehicles that comes out, will totally destroy you without snares.
13 May 2018, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2018, 09:53 AMEsxile

1- Should all Pfaust be snare or should pfaust be always a snare. Gren having Pfaust is important early game vs M3 or Bren, but should it be a snare?
Could we imagine they just deal damage early game and then require an upgrade to snare.

Personally I think the whole snare mechanic (for all inf AT) is rather cheesy and I would prefer them doing a small crew stun (and perhaps a bit more damage) instead of engine damage.

This would promote combined arms and flanking play while being much less annoying (especially running into lone squads).
13 May 2018, 17:04 PM

As gross and spammy as this thread is XD Here's my input:

There is more axis infantry with snares than those that do not and those that don't have panzershreks. I understand that axis don't have weapon racks so need something but everything having snares breaks the game if you ask me, especially volksgrenadiers if you ask me. When you list it, it sounds ridiculous, USF have Riflemen at vet 1, russia have conscripts and penals, Brits have nothing except for regimental locked tank hunters.

I've said this before on another thread but...

Axis: Grenadiers, Volksgrenadiers, Panzerfusiliers, Fallschirmjaegers, Osttruppen all have fausts. Panzergrenadiers, sturmpioneers and stormtroopers have panzerschreks, the only axis infantry you can actually run over without expecting a faust in the arse are obersoldaten, jaegers(rare) and assault grenadiers. On top of this, PaK42s and stuGs get stuns.

I understand genadiers need a snare, The Universal carrier with a vickers shreds most infantry early game, but it really is every axis infantry.

I honestly preferred it when volks had panzerschreks. A panzerschrek is better anti tank yes but especially at the time british tanks could shrug off most panzerschrek hits like they were tennisballs anyway and they're just extra damage, a snare is an almost guaranteed loss of a tank if the person you are playing against isn't totally incompetent. If people were running around with a volks anti tank blob, you could just run at them with commandos or rangers and watch them dissolve, not to mention throwing a calliope or avre at them, now with stg44s they can really bleed you hard considering how many volks you have to kill just to break even if you lose even 2 men fighting them and with the snares it means allies cannot run over infantry anymore, they nerfed the cromwell for this especially a few patches ago.

It doesn't surprise me at all that this meta is entirely artillery dominated because with Axis infantry and penal snaring satchels its the only thing you can use without getting snared.
13 May 2018, 19:02 PM

The issue is due to having both superior snare and superior tanks.

Both axis faction are the master of snare while having access to the second/third fastest tank (panther) and generally stronger tank.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★