Login

russian armor

Cannot beat a classic

17 Apr 2018, 17:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Rocket artillery does wonders on Axis team weapon concentrations. Before that, mortar barrages, mortar smoke, infantry flanks, and variations on that standard formula. In theory.

But the problem is team games open up avenues of cheese that wouldn't really be viable outside of team games. In 1v1, for example, if someone has 5 or 6 team weapons they likely have no infantry and can be punished for it. In 3v3 and 4v4, you've got 2 or 3 more players to cover your weaknesses, so you can afford to try crazy things.

I guess in big team games rocket artillery is also more accessible.

Anyway TL,DR: Cheese happens in big teamgames a lot more than in 1v1.
17 Apr 2018, 20:38 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Someone has never heard of mighty allied artillery appareantly
18 Apr 2018, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2018, 20:38 PMd0ggY
Someone has never heard of mighty allied artillery appareantly

Actually i have heard of it. Priests, Katyushas, Calliopes (ok, this is doctrinal, but it's still artillery), Major's abilities (assuming we can come close to the target), British mortar emplacements etc. We just don't have enough resources to use them.
18 Apr 2018, 13:13 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Actually i have heard of it. Priests, Katyushas, Calliopes (ok, this is doctrinal, but it's still artillery), Major's abilities (assuming we can come close to the target), British mortar emplacements etc. We just don't have enough resources to use them.

I would like to help you certain aspects, but maybe you need to think of different tech and build orders as a team?
18 Apr 2018, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 13:13 PMd0ggY

I would like to help you certain aspects, but maybe you need to think of different tech and build orders as a team?

I'm working on it
18 Apr 2018, 13:53 PM

A lot of the suggestions like arty are nice, however, that wont help you 2 minutes into the game. Unless you can build a Katy at the 2:00 mark? Kappa

In team games the first MGs to arrive are key to holding that ground. So make a mortar as your 3rd or 4th unit. By then you will have infantry on the line and can assess the number of MGs/mortars you will be facing.

The real issue is having grenades and CQC units to take advantage of getting close to the MGs.

Remember, mortar is designed to force the MG to move, not to let you kill it easily. And smoke will let you take points right in front of an MG since they do not have attack ground. It is much better at wiping vet squads on the move without any sight because relic things :clap:

And the most important TroyD tip of the day is that smoke is also effective against snipers...The more you know....
18 Apr 2018, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 13:53 PMRosbone
A lot of the suggestions like arty are nice, however, that wont help you 2 minutes into the game. Unless you can build a Katy at the 2:00 mark? Kappa

In team games the first MGs to arrive are key to holding that ground. So make a mortar as your 3rd or 4th unit. By then you will have infantry on the line and can assess the number of MGs/mortars you will be facing.

The real issue is having grenades and CQC units to take advantage of getting close to the MGs.

Remember, mortar is designed to force the MG to move, not to let you kill it easily. And smoke will let you take points right in front of an MG since they do not have attack ground. It is much better at wiping vet squads on the move without any sight because relic things :clap:

And the most important TroyD tip of the day is that smoke is also effective against snipers...The more you know....

Axis MGs are like tank traps. They are spread everywhere into the map. We are coming up with some tactics that include snipers and flanks, and we hope that they will work. All we need is apply them in the field
18 Apr 2018, 17:45 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Axis MGs are like tank traps. They are spread everywhere into the map. We are coming up with some tactics that include snipers and flanks, and we hope that they will work. All we need is apply them in the field

don't forget to use smoke.

Also have you figured out that on every map there are key chokepoints which help you a lot deciding engagements for yourself?
18 Apr 2018, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 17:45 PMd0ggY

don't forget to use smoke.

Also have you figured out that on every map there are key chokepoints which help you a lot deciding engagements for yourself?

I'm not that much into that, but i guess that some advice would be helpful
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS