Login

russian armor

The matchmaking in this game is horrid

1 Apr 2018, 17:07 PM

"The matchmaking in this game is horrid"

No this is where your logic broke down. The game is horrid. So no one plays it and therefore there is no one to play against. Thus, the match making is bad.

"There isn't another game on the market like COH 2 atm."

I agree. As I state all the time, 95% of this game is amazing. Playing army at a decent pace with just the right amount of micro, base building, etc. Fantastic. Then unbalanced factions, RNG, and limited maps create boredom. Learn the meta for your army, the weaknesses of the other army, and then where and when to attack the map. Rinse and repeat. The only thing to stem the boredom is RNG. So then you are not playing your opponent anymore you are playing the game.

I don't really get the hate for RNG. Real life also has RNG if you think of it. Nothing is perfect.
1 Apr 2018, 17:39 PM

RNG is literally one of few things that make CoH a CoH.

Why play CoH otherwise, when you have plenty of non RNG WW2 RTS which somehow no one even remembers existing, despite them being made ok.
1 Apr 2018, 18:24 PM

I don't really get the hate for RNG. Real life also has RNG if you think of it. Nothing is perfect.

The problem is Relics version of RNG. It is not random at all. If you are playing and can predict what is about to happen, it is not random.

Relics RNG focuses on drastic changes in game dynamics. Planes always land on your army. Mortars sniping your units outside the FOW. Mortars landing no where near their target so they can blow up a mine you just laid. You pen a tank every time until the tank starts to retreat, then nothing will pen ever again (always at around 5% health it becomes invulnerable) etc etc etc

As I said, the RNG gives the game a lot of replayability. Which is great. But it also drives a lot of players away from the game because there is too much "RNG".
1 Apr 2018, 18:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Nah, that's not true. I get the point that all the different hotkeys suck, but there are no people saying "This game has flexible hotkeys! I am so gonna buy it!". Hotkeys are in no way a buying reason for people to buy a game.

On the other hand you are right, some people obviously left the game because the lack of this feature.

You missunderstand the Point. Most people who have CoH2 already, tried it and stuff but stopped it, because they can't adjust the hotkeys to in their opinion best set up. So they tested the game, liked it, and then didnt have hotkeys. I think this is a huge anmount of people lost to things like that.

In my years of streaming now ihave heard that several times from people joining the Chat, i recommened the Autohotkey or Keyboard driver, but they didn't want to do that, because in other RTS, there you can do that and have less problems with it.
1 Apr 2018, 19:51 PM

I know that would be the base of becoming better, but quoting myself it is also a problem of dedication and time. You can probably become as good as Christiano Ronaldo in terms of playing football if you train every day for 10 years but the thing is that this person literally lives for the sport.

The same goes for players like HelpingHans. CoH is really a big part of their lives, they play multiple ours everyday and even make money out of it by streaming and sharing videos on YouTube.

I could check Ronaldo's moves and immitate his tricks, but in the end he will still be a hundred times better because he doesn't do much else rather than playing soccer and banging some models :snfPeter:

I am more the kind of guy who played football (or soccer as some of you heithens tend to call it) for the fun in the local league instead of living for the win or playing tournaments. I have seen this in real life many times as well. Some clubs lose their matches "on purpose" in order to prevent to be placed in a higher league, because they knew that they would get stumped all the time.

And I think CoH is very similar to this "problem" because once you reach a critical rank, you have to choose between either get a 95% sure loss in the next game OR dedicate a lot more time into getting better, which most of us "regular players" simply don't want to.

Don't get me wrong people, I am absolutely okay with this, it's just that I like "analysing" such things :-)

i'm not telling you to put your life into this game, but just playing some time and seeing your own mistakes and improving on them is just enaugh. you don't have to train years to improve :P
1 Apr 2018, 20:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i'm not telling you to put your life into this game, but just playing some time and seeing your own mistakes and improving on them is just enaugh. you don't have to train years to improve :P

Just like in any other game, you can improve to take better decisions. There's a physical limit on how much mechanic wise you can improve.

2 Apr 2018, 17:42 PM

Nah, that's not true. I get the point that all the different hotkeys suck, but there are no people saying "This game has flexible hotkeys! I am so gonna buy it!". Hotkeys are in no way a buying reason for people to buy a game.

On the other hand you are right, some people obviously left the game because the lack of this feature.

Id buy the game if it had Mappable Hotkeys :snfPeter:
4 Apr 2018, 12:40 PM

no, you should start playing 1vs1 and get better yourself, so you don't have to rely on teammates

Knee jerk response from a total brat too lazy to comprehend anything but his own opinion.

And that, barely.
4 Apr 2018, 13:52 PM

Id buy the game if it had Mappable Hotkeys :snfPeter:

A UI / engine rework wouldn't hurt either, DOWII got pretty decent coding there, dunno why Lelic have to messed up what's working there.
4 Apr 2018, 18:06 PM

If i get to fight Hans then that would be the best game of my life.And i do belive if you reach a certain rank to face people like him then you must had a chance at victory , what do you prefer try hard vs a pro or simple win vs lower skill , and rank do go up and down so why does that mattered?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★