The OKW Puma

7 Mar 2018, 11:13 AM

Pls return to the subject of OKW Puma
7 Mar 2018, 15:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2018, 11:13 AMVipper
Pls return to the subject of OKW Puma
8 Mar 2018, 02:17 AM

OKW puma's manpower is a too high, and the building itself is crippled by the lack of healing.

lowering the manpower cost to 300-290 mp would make the unit itself more attractive. Also replace the kind of useless passive sense for +10 sight.

the mech building itself would be improved by swapping out the stuka for the jp4. This make it a viable second building after medical truck, by allowing the okw to relies on the jp4.

or swap the jp4 and pz2 and unfuck the pz2 build time.
8 Mar 2018, 02:24 AM

OKW puma's manpower is a too high, and the building itself is crippled by the lack of healing.

lowering the manpower cost to 300-290 mp would make the unit itself more attractive. Also replace the kind of useless passive sense for +10 sight.

the mech building itself would be improved by swapping out the stuka for the jp4. This make it a viable second building after medical truck, by allowing the okw to relies on the jp4.

or swap the jp4 and pz2 and unfuck the pz2 build time.

if puma and jadpz4, in the same tier, ther would be no point getting the puma, just wait for jp4, and if u swap with luchs, the luchs will be coming out too late.

Jagdpz4 would be better suited in battlegroup
11 Mar 2018, 09:52 AM

And I'm still using the term "puma" is because they are the most famous and successful use of agility, sight, range speed, dodging, and smoke to survive. I suppose we could use DRASSS.

And there many differences between Puma and M36 you are proposing, both in stat and in optimum usage.

Puma has TS of 18 (smaller than average) M36 of 24 (large than average)

Puma has a disabling ability better suited for allowing to close in, M36 has penetrating ability better suited for sniping from far.

Puma has very low far accuracy/penetration that improves greatly in sorter ranges, M36 has a rather linear curve and it get most out of firing out side the range of its opponents.
11 Mar 2018, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2018, 09:52 AMVipper

And there many differences between Puma and M36 you are proposing, both in stat and in optimum usage.

Puma has TS of 18 (smaller than average) M36 of 24 (large than average)

Puma has a disabling ability better suited for allowing to close in, M36 has penetrating ability better suited for sniping from far.

Puma has very low far accuracy/penetration that improves greatly in sorter ranges, M36 has a rather linear curve and it get most out of firing out side the range of its opponents.

I think you posted in the wrong thread. I think this post is meant for the jackson thread.

The thread we are currently in is about the puma, totally not about the jackson.
12 Mar 2018, 09:15 AM

I think you posted in the wrong thread. I think this post is meant for the jackson thread.

The thread we are currently in is about the puma, totally not about the jackson.

No I did not. I created this thread especially to explain the difference puma has to other AT vehicles. Besides where I post is quite irrelevant to my point and once more I really do not see why you perusing this. When I post in the m36 explaining about the differences with the Puma you complain about going off topic, when I post here you complain it is the wrong thread.

The point remain the same regardless of which thread it is posted, Puma and M36 have a different kit available to them.
13 Mar 2018, 05:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 09:15 AMVipper

No I did not. I created this thread especially to explain the difference puma has to other AT vehicles. Besides where I post is quite irrelevant to my point and once more I really do not see why you perusing this. When I post in the m36 explaining about the differences with the Puma you complain about going off topic, when I post here you complain it is the wrong thread.

The point remain the same regardless of which thread it is posted, Puma and M36 have a different kit available to them.

The entire point of giving jackson the puma's survivability kit like the puma is to create something unique.

Anyone who have ever gotten a Puma would have undoubtedly wish it had more penetration and range.

It was a unique possibility unfulfilled by any unit currently in the game, which is why I wanted to use the jackson. It was having serious problem before the HP buff and a "super puma" was something the game lack.

Instead of relying on armor and HP to survive late game like so many axis or even allied late game tank, Jackson will rely on speed and agility.

all this complaining about Puma vs jackson is missing the point entirely, of creating a unique late game unit.
13 Mar 2018, 09:52 AM

all this complaining about Puma vs jackson is missing the point entirely, of creating a unique late game unit.

If you think I am complaining you are missing the point. I am simply trying to clarify things.

Puma is not design to be used as "kiter" firing on mediums tanks from max range, it can do it but it is not what it excel in. Puma is meant to engage enemy medium either from the flanks or from very close as "flanker".

In that sense it is not unique since USF already have such a vehicle in the form of M10.

In your proposal you are suggesting a "super" kiter that will be able to engage enemy targets out of their SR, out of their range while being faster than most of them. The "only" weakness would be that it would die to 3 shots. You are asking for high micro unit modeled after what the Sniper is for infantry.

My question remains, what in your opinion would be a suitable counter to this "sniper" from Ostheer and OKW.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★