Login

russian armor

Huge announcement for CoH2 competitive

2 Mar 2018, 21:44 PM

Another patch + tournament are my expectations (not that high).
2 Mar 2018, 21:55 PM

I am a caster and event organiser, I am not a game studio....

Please align your expectations with the person/ people you're getting the announcement from.

So maybe... maaaaybe you shouldn't call anything 'huge' anyway? At least without clear pointing to it's specific because otherwise it looks like a try to collect hype from nothing.
2 Mar 2018, 23:17 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2018, 21:55 PMHater

So maybe... maaaaybe you shouldn't call anything 'huge' anyway? At least without clear pointing to it's specific because otherwise it looks like a try to collect hype from nothing.

Seems fitting that your name is hater
3 Mar 2018, 04:02 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

A_E says it might be more than a tourney. Is CoH3 being announced????
4 Mar 2018, 19:53 PM
Patrion 27

So what was it?
4 Mar 2018, 20:16 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

So what was it?

A new Grand Champion Series Tournament

Go to gcs2.org for more information
4 Mar 2018, 21:58 PM

Will this be an open tournament?
4 Mar 2018, 23:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2018, 21:58 PMAyro
Will this be an open tournament?

The last GCS worked through open sign ups, of which all played placement games, and the top 32 seeded players were seeded into the tournament itself. I'm under the impression that it is again open sign ups, with the top 32 seeds being seeded into each given qualifier. So (if I understand everything correctly) yes, the tournament (qualifiers) are open.
5 Mar 2018, 08:14 AM

Oh, how unexpected .. Tournament. Discussing CoH is like kicking a dead horse. Even the balance team, like bullies, made a disgusting patch and fled the forum.
5 Mar 2018, 08:40 AM
Senior Referee Badge

The last GCS worked through open sign ups, of which all played placement games, and the top 32 seeded players were seeded into the tournament itself. I'm under the impression that it is again open sign ups, with the top 32 seeds being seeded into each given qualifier. So (if I understand everything correctly) yes, the tournament (qualifiers) are open.

In addition to Jae's post,
the best 32 players that sign up will be chosen to play in the Qualifiers. If you scroll down to the part called "Seeding for Qualification Tournaments" here you can read how the seeding will be done :D
5 Mar 2018, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2018, 12:37 PMHater
... or even -25% off coupon for DoW III.

-------------
I got DOW3 for free as part of January humble bundle rewards.
Only way I'd obtain it.

*Shrug* :)
5 Mar 2018, 15:13 PM

Oh, how unexpected .. Tournament. Discussing CoH is like kicking a dead horse. Even the balance team, like bullies, made a disgusting patch and fled the forum.

That's not to say there wont be another patch. The balance team is open to direct messages or suggestions. What are your issues with the current patch?
5 Mar 2018, 15:23 PM

Spoiler Alert: The big announcement is CoH2 servers are being shut down for good on March 5th.

:wub: Can't wait for it to finally happen tbh.
5 Mar 2018, 17:01 PM

That's not to say there wont be another patch. The balance team is open to direct messages or suggestions. What are your issues with the current patch?

My main suggestion is to evaporate the response of units that was broken after the last patch:
- The units do what they did not order. I move the infantry unit forward. On this they stretched out a chain, after a few steps forward they go back.
- they react slowly to commands
- I order the SU-85 to go back up, but it starts spinning on the spot or going forward (until the patch did not happen)

- Return to the Shock Troops simultaneous use of smoke grenades and fragmentation. Because this is a super close combat unit requiring a huge micro. And without a simultaneous smoke and fragmentation grenades, they are useless.
5 Mar 2018, 18:34 PM

My main suggestion is to evaporate the response of units that was broken after the last patch:
- The units do what they did not order. I move the infantry unit forward. On this they stretched out a chain, after a few steps forward they go back.
- they react slowly to commands
- I order the SU-85 to go back up, but it starts spinning on the spot or going forward (until the patch did not happen)

- Return to the Shock Troops simultaneous use of smoke grenades and fragmentation. Because this is a super close combat unit requiring a huge micro. And without a simultaneous smoke and fragmentation grenades, they are useless.

Bullshit, the path finding in this game is worse than in CoH even before the patch. They didn't even try improving it at all, just made it look like it.

You can laugh at me but I dare you to start a game of CoH and tell me it has the same issues as CoH2. Yes maybe, but it's 20% of the time, in CoH2 it's more like 80 or 90%.
5 Mar 2018, 18:51 PM

Bullshit, the path finding in this game is worse than in CoH even before the patch. They didn't even try improving it at all, just made it look like it.

You can laugh at me but I dare you to start a game of CoH and tell me it has the same issues as CoH2. Yes maybe, but it's 20% of the time, in CoH2 it's more like 80 or 90%.

I think path finding became worse, because the response of all units became worse. Before the patch SU-85 path finding was not bad. But after.. plus the response of units plus a lot of stupid changes: the game was abandoned
5 Mar 2018, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2018, 17:53 PMA_E

Just wait until this Sunday is over, then come back to this comment, I'll be keen to see how you see things then :)

Great stuff A_E and crew.
But sorry that I cant get so hyped about that as I said before.

Still, i hope that this is going to be a huge success! COH2 is still alive :D

:clap::clap::clap:
5 Mar 2018, 20:12 PM

I think path finding became worse, because the response of all units became worse. Before the patch SU-85 path finding was not bad. But after.. plus the response of units plus a lot of stupid changes: the game was abandoned

It's been abandoned for a while now dude, why do you think Relic has 2 max 3 people giving this bullshit "Scope" while the community makes the last few updates?

Relic is on it's last leg, if AoE4 fails they're history, if not then we'll see MOBA CoH3.
5 Mar 2018, 20:59 PM

Praying for Ostheer revamp or buffs. Will probably get Ostheer Panther nerfs
6 Mar 2018, 05:40 AM

It's been abandoned for a while now dude, why do you think Relic has 2 max 3 people giving this bullshit "Scope" while the community makes the last few updates?

Relic is on it's last leg, if AoE4 fails they're history, if not then we'll see MOBA CoH3.

I have the same thoughts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS