Login

russian armor

Ostheer in a Nutshell

20 Feb 2018, 23:39 PM

Why is the go-to answer grens? 5man pios would be far more subtle. Endgame repair bump is badly needed as well.
20 Feb 2018, 23:43 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

As far as the value above team weapons to recrew them, that number is the MINIMUM to recrew the weapon. The maximum members going into the teamweapon you must remember through experience. Same applies for abandoned vehicles.
21 Feb 2018, 00:35 AM

Also, the HMG had a big, fat "2" in its tooltip while it was on the ground. My 3-man Pioneer squad went to recrew it. All three Pioneers crewed it and the Pioneer squad got wiped.

That's not a balance issue in itself, as it's just incorrect tooltip display,

No it's you not being aware of how the recrew mechanic works.

Grens should just get some RA bonus before vet 3. Makes no sense that the squishiest mainline squad has to wait til vet 3 for any better survivability. 5th man is too much, you would need to change the cost of the squad.
3 Mar 2018, 21:52 PM
Senior Editor Badge

And as if all that isn't enough, the UI indicators also show incorrect info and completely screw you over (in the screenshot, I lost a three-man Pioneer squad upgraded with Flammenwerfer because the HMG on the ground showed that it'd take two to recrew).

Also, the HMG had a big, fat "2" in its tooltip while it was on the ground. My 3-man Pioneer squad went to recrew it. All three Pioneers crewed it and the Pioneer squad got wiped.

That's not a balance issue in itself, as it's just incorrect tooltip display[.]

As far as the value above team weapons to recrew them, that number is the MINIMUM to recrew the weapon. The maximum members going into the teamweapon you must remember through experience. Same applies for abandoned vehicles.

+1

The tooltip has worked the same since I started playing coh2 in March of 2013. Calm down and learn to play.

3 Mar 2018, 21:56 PM

"5 man Ostheer squads?! Noooo, that would make all Armies the same!!!" Because fuck balance and Army design and having fun while playing a certain Army while they're close to each other in terms of balance. Great logic right there.

grenadier health can be increase. Their fragility is just a matter of having the least HP beyond mid-late.

grenadier + command panzer4 is a great combo. the damage protection significantly boost the gren's survivability.

and the USF were famously having problem with manpower-bleed before their terminator veterancy.
4 Mar 2018, 00:00 AM

Learn to play? This is objectively incorrect UI/UX design.

The number on the tooltip for a heavy weapon must be the number of units it will take YOU, the player, with the faction you are currently playing, to recrew that weapon.

You can scream "git gud" all you want, but that doesn't change the facts.

UI/UX design isn't a matter of opinion. It isn't subjective. It isn't up for debate. But UX issues are the least of Ostheer's worries.
4 Mar 2018, 18:55 PM

grenadier health can be increase. Their fragility is just a matter of having the least HP beyond mid-late.

grenadier + command panzer4 is a great combo. the damage protection significantly boost the gren's survivability.

and the USF were famously having problem with manpower-bleed before their terminator veterancy.

It was also a UKF problem.

But I don't know if giving 81 health to Gren models instead of just 80 will change that much.

And I am not here to argue semantics and balance, I'm just here stating my opinion on the design problems that the Ostheer is facing as far as their 4 man infantry squads go.
5 Mar 2018, 07:01 AM

Ostheer have early Reforce building frontline like HQ bunker (150mp60mu)
and Halftrack It not enough Right ?

You are acting as though ost is the only nation that has that.

British Forward Assembly can even heal for an upgrade.
US Ambulance can actually move and heal people as well by deploying.

USSR have halftracks, and US have enough doctrines that contains M3 or M5 halftrack anyway.

5 Mar 2018, 09:19 AM

USSR have halftracks, and US have enough doctrines that contains M3 or M5 halftrack anyway.

Considering cost, durability, counters and how soon it can be put up, while ost is hardly the only one with Forward reinforcement in this way, ist certainly one of the more cost effective options, however its not that great Option, given 251.
5 Mar 2018, 10:51 AM

I Say Ostheer can get Reforcement point Quicker than other faction and Cheaper too
HQ Bunker can build At start by 150 mp/60 mu
UKF FA need T2 And RE to build first
Ambulance high cost 250MP/10 Fuel and Easy to destroy
M5 Halftrack need more fuel to unlock it
5 Mar 2018, 19:09 PM

Ost will find themselves needing that 150mp and 60mu to stand against rifles, penals and tommies

Wouldnt matter if OKW had the KT in their t0 available from go if they get broken by t70s long before they get enough resources together for it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★