Login

russian armor

OKW infantry get killed easily while even retreating!

16 Feb 2018, 21:56 PM

I'm basically Wehrmacht Ostheer player but I found OKW infantry is severely weak. They can't stand against USF blob. Die while retreating. any thoughts guys? or it's happening because I'm new OKW player or what?
16 Feb 2018, 22:10 PM

Use HMGs and other infantry then volks.

OKW got 7 non volks infantry types, faction is clearly meant to make a use of them.
16 Feb 2018, 22:24 PM

But if you are an Ostheer player, which has primarily 4 men squads, you should find the OKW easier and more forgiving in that regard. OKW can also more easily withstand the Riflemen blobs due to having 5 levels of veterancy, stg upgrades and 'I deny you cover in an engagement' grenades.
16 Feb 2018, 22:45 PM

Probably much has to do with your latter point, OP. OKW units aren't the same as Ostheer units in their use and timing. Getting used to how and when you should retreat a volks as opposed to grens (or cons or whatever) can take a bit of getting used to.

For instance a 2 man volks squad is easier to kill than a 2 man gren squad. Adjusting your timing to retreat is necessary and improves with practice.
16 Feb 2018, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2018, 22:10 PMKatitof

OKW got 7 non volks infantry types, faction is clearly meant to make a use of them.

Oh yeah, because the OKW has awesome support weapons and other infantry that don't come late as fuck to the party.
17 Feb 2018, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2018, 22:10 PMKatitof

Stop trolling around here, Fusiliers LOSE vs all inf, if both green cover, volks same, obers get wiped by every mortar, like before patch, and fallschirmjäger doc sucks, except the jägers.
and the Mg34, come on, NEVER BUILD that, only in 1vs1 sometimes, if my flak HT is dead.

so what? should he build pio spam?
17 Feb 2018, 09:11 AM

Stop trolling around here, Fusiliers LOSE vs all inf, if both green cover, volks same, obers get wiped by every mortar, like before patch, and fallschirmjäger doc sucks, except the jägers.
and the Mg34, come on, NEVER BUILD that, only in 1vs1 sometimes, if my flak HT is dead.

so what? should he build pio spam?

With the description you provided?
I need to inform you that you need to put your units in green cover, not red one.
17 Feb 2018, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2018, 09:11 AMKatitof

With the description you provided?
I need to inform you that you need to put your units in green cover, not red one.

Omg, are u serious?
17 Feb 2018, 10:05 AM

But if you are an Ostheer player, which has primarily 4 men squads, you should find the OKW easier and more forgiving in that regard. OKW can also more easily withstand the Riflemen blobs due to having 5 levels of veterancy, stg upgrades and 'I deny you cover in an engagement' grenades.

5 levels of veterancy were adjusted so now they are equal to 3 lvl veterancy that have ally inf. Ally inf have good close range weapons too (ppsh, bars). Flame nades got timer so now equal to regular nades ally inf has, i don't say that okw sux, but it isn't really that good and now has hard times in inf fights.
17 Feb 2018, 11:26 AM

I think an infantey revamp is in order for the OKW, hell the game as a whole even. Volks are kinda good kinda not now, which would be fine if that wasnt also the case for pretty much all MP based units the okw field (exveption being the LEIG, thats thing is pretty boss now)

For ME ideally volks should be the anvil. A 5 man squad facing units that *should* be balanced around 4 man squads (although because of volks being stupid broken allies are balanced around THEM atm leaving ost in post rape therapy)
Sturms, if you look at their stats its clear they are supposed to be the early game DPS for the okw, but again they fall to allied squads being balanced to face volks... And obers come a bit too late for what they are now... Its all a mess...
17 Feb 2018, 16:48 PM

5 levels of veterancy were adjusted so now they are equal to 3 lvl veterancy that have ally inf. ...

No they were not adjusted.

The combat bonuses of vet 4 and vet 5 where simply removed. That leaves VG with less fighting bonuses than conscripts at vet 3 and only utility bonuses for vet 4 and vet5.
18 Feb 2018, 06:14 AM

Penals are power creep. They're just one symptom of a larger problem that started with the release of WFA.

Neither the abysmal 4-man Ostheer squads nor the nonexistent damage Volksgrenadier squads have any chance against Penals, Riflemen, or the absurdly high damage output of UKF rifle infantry.

Relic doesn't care. They're biased in favor of Allies, as are most WWII game developers, and refuse to make Axis factions equally viable, equally THREATENING -- that right there is the key word here -- every single faction must be truly THREATENING, and Axis factions haven't been threatening since vanilla CoH2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment