Login

russian armor

75% play as german, yet soviet units are OP?

14 Aug 2013, 19:43 PM

Permanently Banned
but the all game is badass actually, I'm remember the great game coh 2 in beta and i'm sad .....

IN beta all units was important for win, lot progression in the game, with a begin, a middle and A END GAME

and lot combined armor ....

But now the first word for explain COH 2 is : SPAM !
14 Aug 2013, 19:56 PM

Ive seen 100% russ search and 0 german search.. so.... yea.... it just depends. To me the russ are much easier to play, I would never say they require more or less micro because thats just false. I do think the germans have to be more reactive then the russians, but its still early in our developements of strats so we will see.

I play germans becasue, well, I root for the underdog. I like to go against hordes of sovie. With hans and helmut. Lately I have been enjoying russians though, I do like the t34 even though its weak. I also have read numerous german books/biographies/etc... you could say im a germophobe. The wehr of the 1940s is an amazing study. To go from such victory to such defeat has never been seen in warfare before. Their collaspe is tragic and amazing at the same time. Very sad and epic stuff, a greek tragedy.

Anyway since I find myself over studying the germs so I picked up a few books on the sovs. I am going to begin "Young Stalin" this week, maybe ill understand where the madness came from
14 Aug 2013, 20:05 PM

It's germanophile, not "germophobe" unless you actually don't like the Germans. And from great victory to such defeat there's Napoleon, who also was defeated with the Russian winter.

As for the % in automatch it's mostly in favor of Germans but not by much (like 60/40).
14 Aug 2013, 21:29 PM

No, micro is harder for Soviet players until mid-to-late game.

Conscript spam requires careful attention to squad health, you must keep squads alive and gaining veterancy. Once Pgrens and LMGs roll out keeping squads alive gets more and more difficult.

Clown cars have to stay out of faust range and keep on the move while you are also microing conscript squads.

Snipers need to be babysat and constantly microed.

Micro is not really an issue for Ostheer until they need to try flanking SU-85s with PZIvs. MG micro is fantastically easy with the invulnerable 4 man squads, other than that all you have to do until mid-late game is click "faust" and rush pgrens close to conscripts, and maybe launch some nades. Armored car micro is easier than clown car micro because you need to rush in and get out with clown cars, then quickly repair and get moving again if you take a faust. Scout cars just need to stay out of AT range. Flamenwurfer use only requires judging how many at nades you can take and keeping a pio near by for repairs. How is Soviet micro not harder?

It does not surprise me that Soviet players continue to dominate the tournaments. I think their micro is just that much better, and they're able to exploit the powerful Soviet units (snipers, clown cars) to the full extent their micro allows. Most people are not as good with their micro, thus they prefer Ostheer, even if they wouldn't admit this is the reason.
14 Aug 2013, 21:58 PM

It's germanophile, not "germophobe" unless you actually don't like the Germans. And from great victory to such defeat there's Napoleon, who also was defeated with the Russian winter.

As for the % in automatch it's mostly in favor of Germans but not by much (like 60/40).

Ah yes germanophile. I'd still say Napoleons army does not come close to the disastrous defeats of the Wehr. At least Paris didn't burn to hordes of Russians. For Napoleon it was Berenzina, for the Wehr it was Stalingrad, Leningrad, Kursk, Moscow, Seelow Heights, etc..
14 Aug 2013, 22:02 PM

^^lol.

German infantry requires careful attention to squad health, you must keep squads alive and gaining veterancy. Once Shocktroops/Guards/PenalBattalions and Molotovs roll out keeping squads alive gets more and more difficult.

German Snipers need to be babysat even more (1man), and scoutcar are constantly threadnend to run into guards or Orah!ing Conscripts who throw a At-nade. During that you have to micro all your other forces.

Micro is not really an issue for Soviets. Their even more durable Mgs with 6 man. (They are more durable if you compare Gren/Conscript damage).Other than that all you have to do until mid-late game is click "at-nade" and rush conscripts close to German forces and Hit-the-Dirt, and maybe launch some Molotovs.
Clowncar micro is easyer than Armoredcar micro, because they kill shit, have engineers with them, and you only have to move into the enemy, (kill shit) and back out. Its way more difficult too micro your Armoredcar always right out of at-range, but still have it participating. (Not to mention Guards and button). Flamerht: Button/at-nade --> At-gun. But yeah the FlamerHT doesn't need that much micro.

It does not surprise me that Soviet players continue to dominate the tournaments. I think "exploit the powerful Soviet units(snipers, clown cars, SU85)" is pretty accurate. Most people are not as good with their micro, thus they prefer Soviets easy wins, even if they wouldn't admit this is the reason.
15 Aug 2013, 06:07 AM

Permanently Banned
Pointless speculation.

The matchcounter is not an objective or comprehensive indicator:
-Varies geographically, due to time of day and players with a ping you can be matched against.
-It is reasonable to assume peoples preference is also sometimes historical, due to IRL relation to the WWII conflict.
-People "know" Germans from vCoH, perhaps leading to a starting preference.
-Matchcounter only considers players within your level range.
-Counter only considers players not already in a match, which are obviously at a 50/50 ratio.
-We dont know the Counters specific design. For all we know, it could be basically just a random number generator, 30mins delayed and any number of innaccuraccies.

Suma sumarum, its not an indicator of jack shit.

People who assume it is are the same people who are easily misled by doctored statistics in newspapers/editorials etc who dont understand that all statistics are only as valid as the parameters of the data they are collated from.

You might as well count the pings on the radar graphic as an indicator of how many players there are....

Hopefully Relic will issue some real data on faction populations at some point.
15 Aug 2013, 07:37 AM

Every time I try to play the ratio is between 66:33 and 90:10 for axis:ruskies.

I really don't blame people going for axis either, trying to juggle clown cars and snipers just to be able to win, every single game (against people who have some sort of clue), gets stale really fast. With axis you have a ton of different options that all work, you can actually lose units and still win, and in general you always have the initiative.
15 Aug 2013, 08:18 AM

No, micro is harder for Soviet players until mid-to-late game.

Conscript spam requires careful attention to squad health, you must keep squads alive and gaining veterancy. Once Pgrens and LMGs roll out keeping squads alive gets more and more difficult.

Clown cars have to stay out of faust range and keep on the move while you are also microing conscript squads.

Snipers need to be babysat and constantly microed.

Micro is not really an issue for Ostheer until they need to try flanking SU-85s with PZIvs. MG micro is fantastically easy with the invulnerable 4 man squads, other than that all you have to do until mid-late game is click "faust" and rush pgrens close to conscripts, and maybe launch some nades. Armored car micro is easier than clown car micro because you need to rush in and get out with clown cars, then quickly repair and get moving again if you take a faust. Scout cars just need to stay out of AT range. Flamenwurfer use only requires judging how many at nades you can take and keeping a pio near by for repairs. How is Soviet micro not harder?

It does not surprise me that Soviet players continue to dominate the tournaments. I think their micro is just that much better, and they're able to exploit the powerful Soviet units (snipers, clown cars) to the full extent their micro allows. Most people are not as good with their micro, thus they prefer Ostheer, even if they wouldn't admit this is the reason.

Don't really agree with this, even at a mid level.

Eh, Soviet snipers are reasonably survivable and do enough damage/kill squads fast enough that microing them isn't that hard compared to actually trying to kill them and force them off. Clown car micro is actually somewhat easier than scout car micro because of the much higher clown car damage output discouraging rushes, repair being on hand and the lack of Oorah or even guards for the early game Germans (+ eventually overdrive). I'd also note that grenade lethality is much higher against Germans than Soviets thanks to the squad sizes, you need to be on top of that more. Not to mention, stealing things is a much easier choice/option as Soviets thanks to the squad size.
17 Aug 2013, 08:32 AM

In the last week or so (in my skill bracket at least) the queue seems more balanced, averaging more like 60-40. Occasionally - note I said occasionally - I even see more sovs than german queuing. As to why, I think germans are more noob friendly. To a newer player MG42s seem uncounterable, for instance. In the higher skill brackets I think soviet is easier to win with because people know the strengths of clowncars, SU85, KV8 etc. When the game has only been out 6 weeks or so, more people will gravitate toward the noob friendly faction I guess.
17 Aug 2013, 12:16 PM

Not all soviets units are op. only those combos and units, that counter the german braindead mg42 and p4 spam (sniper clowncar and su85) [/sarcasm]
raw
18 Aug 2013, 12:05 PM

Because tank cost only only 200-300-400 ( 400 for panther ) manpower ..........

Manpower costs are high enough as is. You can't have vehicles cost high manpower, because then building vehicles would cockblock both building more vehicles and more infantry. Vehicles already cost too much manpower across the board to make that "combined arms" thingy work properly. If anything vehicles need to cost more fuel.
18 Aug 2013, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2013, 12:05 PMraw

Manpower costs are high enough as is. You can't have vehicles cost high manpower, because then building vehicles would cockblock both building more vehicles and more infantry. Vehicles already cost too much manpower across the board to make that "combined arms" thingy work properly. If anything vehicles need to cost more fuel.

Yes, I remember exactly how combined arms never worked in CoH1 where all the vehicle manpower costs were far higher.
raw
19 Aug 2013, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2013, 12:58 PMCruzz

Yes, I remember exactly how combined arms never worked in CoH1 where all the vehicle manpower costs were far higher.

You can't compare MP costs between CoH1 and CoH2, because in CoH1 your MP gain is a function of points held, whereas the MP income in CoH2 is constant and decreases the more units you have on the field.

This is pretty substantial and from my experience leads to a MP bottleneck in the later stages of the game, where you can decide to get EITHER infantry OR vehicle but not both. It was less so in CoH1.
19 Aug 2013, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2013, 07:37 AMCruzz
Every time I try to play the ratio is between 66:33 and 90:10 for axis:ruskies.

^In contrast, I've never seen fewer than 35% of people searching as Soviet, and often see over 40%. I've occasionally seen 60% searching Soviet. It's all in when you play.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 11:24 AMraw
This is pretty substantial and from my experience leads to a MP bottleneck in the later stages of the game, where you can decide to get EITHER infantry OR vehicle but not both.

^That has also been my experience
19 Aug 2013, 12:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Mostly I find the MP bottleneck problematic when Im trying to get ATGs out.

I hear they are getting buffed somehow in next patch atleast.
Hopefully that will mitigate the current fuel meta a bit.

As to population figures, as I said earlier, the matchcounter is really no indicator whatsoever, of anything. Its about as accurate imo, as the repeating radar grapbic behind it. Ie: Not at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS