Login

russian armor

AT infantry for OKW?

13 Feb 2018, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 20:57 PMCptOps
So new AT commander anyone?Give OKW 88flak guns? :)

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 23:02 PMKatitof

What's this?

You can actually see what it is if play OKW or hover you mouse over the icon.

It is pak 43 not a flak 88.
13 Feb 2018, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2018, 13:42 PMVipper

Care to explain the difference regarding the gameplay?
13 Feb 2018, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2018, 13:42 PMVipper

Do you want to know what Pak43 and flak88 have in common?
I'm eager to tell you, but I know you're smart boi and can figure it out yourself too!
13 Feb 2018, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2018, 14:13 PMKatitof

Do you want to know what Pak43 and flak88 have in common?
I'm eager to tell you, but I know you're smart boi and can figure it out yourself too!

I know very well what pak 43 and flak 88 is and what they have in common.

On the other hand you asked what was shown in icon and I simply answered your question.

Care to explain the difference regarding the gameplay?

Yea sure since you ask, pak43 exist in the COH2 the flak 88 does not.
13 Feb 2018, 14:22 PM

an Acht-Acht FLAK is a Pak43 on an other laffete

not more
13 Feb 2018, 14:22 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2018, 14:20 PMVipper

Yeas sure, one exist in the game the other does not.

But what would the Flak88 bring to the table, that the Pak43 doesn't already offer?
13 Feb 2018, 14:31 PM

But what would the Flak88 bring to the table, that the Pak43 doesn't already offer?

Probably much less than the work need to be introduced in the game. I never suggested that it should be introduced.

I simply answered Katitof's question.
13 Feb 2018, 20:29 PM
Benefactor 115

Typical response.

Allied blobs nearly aren't as powerfull against german armor because of the difference between penetration rates and heavier german armor values(Panzershreck pens waaaay more frequently than the M9 and PTRS). Not to mention rifles and penals are more expensive to build and reinforce, something that the volksgrens dont have as a downside.

While I understand your point (the current allied blob is slightly less powerful than the OKW blob from 18 months ago), but how does that justify allied blobbing?

Blobbing from any faction is an issue that needs to be address. Blobbing breaks the core game-play principles of COH; cover, positioning, and strategic unit use.

With regards to the whether or not the OKW needs better AT infantry - no, they need a better AT gun.
14 Feb 2018, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2018, 20:29 PMDucati

While I understand your point (the current allied blob is slightly less powerful than the OKW blob from 18 months ago), but how does that justify allied blobbing?

Blobbing from any faction is an issue that needs to be address. Blobbing breaks the core game-play principles of COH; cover, positioning, and strategic unit use.

With regards to the whether or not the OKW needs better AT infantry - no, they need a better AT gun.

I spit out my tea because of that gif, 10/10.

Regardless, i never said that allied blobbing is justified in any way.

The main power and issue with blobbing comes from 2 things:

1. The ''shock value'' of a blob when it is first encountered and the damage that it causes in that time- period;

2. The opposing player that doesn't(or can't, in some cases) put enough effort and/or recources to gather the required units to counter the enemy blob.

The first one speaks for itself, once a blob is first seen it can often do some, or large amounts of, damage to the opposing player because he could not prepare for it properly(aside from lucky recon aircraft that just happen to spot them before they are at the frontline, and even then more often than not the required counters aren't always there or available).

Once the blob is seen, any good player knows that he must spend a portion of his recources into counters for it, like heavy (rocket)artillery, or a dedicated AI(flame) tank, or perhaps even blob himself with dedicated AI- units. Obviously all of these must be supported with Heavy machine gun teams, or other forms of suppression, in order to suppress the advancing blob.

Once the tools are in place, the power of the blob vanishes over the course of several engagements. This means that there are often more losses to be replenished by the blobber, which makes MP- income rather tedious and lacking for him. That is the main weakpoint of the blob: A large consumption of MP that could have been used for caches, tanks, team weapons etc.

As for the second point, all of the above can only be applied if the player that wants to counter the blob is using those tools and weapons properly. This is why blobbing is only seen as succesfull in the lower level pools, where there are alot of players that simply don't have the skill yet to use those tools to their best effect. This is also why there are alot of blobbers around in the lower skill levels, as they don't nearly require as much micro(and thus skill) rather than keeping an eye on every unit on the map.

Once those players reach higher levels though, they more often than not get stomped upon by more skilled players who know what to do when a blob appears.

As for OKW needing an better AT gun, i couldn't agree more to be fair. The raketen has its niches like optical stealth technology which combines with the gun's good rate of fire at vet to utterly wreck any unprepared or unexpecting player, but its crew is extremely likely to perish to RNG mortar rounds or HE shells from the sherman. So far i can manage myself with panzerfausts on the volks to prevent them, but in the end i'd rather steal AT guns from the other factions if i have the chance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★