Login

russian armor

AT infantry for OKW?

9 Feb 2018, 10:29 AM

Jp4 is great...idk what you are talking about. Ita one of the only units that will bounce allied TD shots AND can return fire... I know the main strat ATM is mass TDs and attack move for the hills but if you support your JP4 with a rak or 2 for armour rushs its mint, perfect for su76s too

It's too expensive for it's performance, if they lower the fuel cost to about 100-110 then they will get used more, same reason why Ost use stugs. 135 fuel is too much.
9 Feb 2018, 10:50 AM

Jp4 is great...idk what you are talking about. Ita one of the only units that will bounce allied TD shots AND can return fire... I know the main strat ATM is mass TDs and attack move for the hills but if you support your JP4 with a rak or 2 for armour rushs its mint, perfect for su76s too
^

maybe againts noobs...yes..

but jp4 has one of the lowest t4 TD range, is poorly slow, has the littlest view, has slow turning rate, one of the less accurrcay while turning/moving has no turrent..
9 Feb 2018, 11:53 AM

you are totally wrong....yes---satchel do much dmg...to much when you compare other fausts versions.

3 stachels kill one panther...on a infntery unit which is very strong vs infantery too

if you would look the whole replay...you would see many situration where 2 or 3 guards do so much dmg with the ptrs....it not funny...

and than compare it with the dmg from 2 or 3 st pios with their fasut---the do nearly no dmg vs armor.

this is hillorous

The main issue is that the german player ALLOWS said penals and guards to close the distance with the panther, obviously making it a very nasty combo. The same would apply otherwise when allied armor closes in against grenadiers/volksgrenadiers, but then it would be the allied players fault right?

You're also leaving out the fact that satchel charges are considerably more expensive than panzerfausts for each use though the satchel is obviously more powerfull in return.

''if you would look the whole replay...you would see many situration where 2 or 3 guards do so much dmg with the ptrs....it not funny...''

Boo hoo hoo. try the same with panzershrecks at medium distance. 1 Volley of 6 panzershrecks from a PZrgrenadier squad would devastate a allied medium, yet with the PTRS it merely takes away less than half of the HP.

''and than compare it with the dmg from 2 or 3 st pios with their fasut---the do nearly no dmg vs armor.''

Not an suprising statement coming from you: Blatant misinformation.

''this is hillorous''

The fact that you can't even spell hilarious correctly, alongside your inept attempt at the english language, is hilarious.
9 Feb 2018, 12:06 PM

1. If not obers, then create a new panzerjaeger infantry unit with the same model, like the panzer busche squad from COH1, except with 2 schrecks instead of only 1 (schrecks were good back then), just make them a bit cheaper than obers.

2.Right now the late game hard counters to Allies tanks that OKW have are jagdpanzers and panthers. Jagdpanzers are just decent, they were good before, now just decent because they are like 10 times slower than the stugs that they try so hard to imitate, not to mention they often get rushed by medium tank blobs because you know, OKW can't lay down a lot of defensive AT fire compared to Ost with their panzergrenadiers. Let's also bring up the price of the jagdpanzer, it is certainly overpriced for what it does, I'd rather have a cheap, easily replaced stug with its blistering RoF all day. OKW panther is nerfed so I don't use it anymore, even with the reduction in fuel cost. Why? Because the massive buff to the jackson, fielding offensive TDs to chase it down is pointless as it now has a fat HP pool, like it recently ate a lot of fries and burgers but somehow kept the punch it always has. It's not rare to see jacksons rolling with meds late game.

3. What's the point of using the Jagdtiger after the changes to tanks anyway? It doesn't 2-shot those mediums anymore, in fact, it is the one that gets steamrolled by hordes of meds, just like the jagdpanzer I mentioned above.

I mainly speak the truth that is present in team games nowadays, in smaller game modes those issues are less annoying.

1; that would be kind of ridiculous as this would make OKW blobs absolutely ridiculous, all you would need are Regular obers with MG34 and PZrschreck panzerjaegers to A+move the entire allied line, only stopped by british emplacements or even more arty spam. I like the idea of a dedicated AT infantry unit for OKW, but this is not it.

2;You're not telling me alot of things that i don't know of(which is not a problem or anything) but yes, the Jackson is currently seen alot with the other meds. That is how it was in the past, and that is certainly what is happening now because Shermans and Bazookas are extremely mediocre at best versus anything that is higher that a P4; Its not impossible but it is extremely unreliable, unlike the german P4 and Panzershreck. If the USF had a similair but different alternative in order to promote variety in strategy, the Jackson wouldn't need a buff right? But they don't really have that anymore, with the wolverine requiring tech right now(which is a good thing as i don't like tank call- ins too much).

3; What's the point? I don't know either, but quite frankly it is historiccaly accurate as the Jagdtiger was a useless piece of garbage for the german army not because of its firepower but because of its cost and extreme unreliability.

Leaving that aside, having the ability to 2- shot tanks was removed because in teamgames 2 jagdtigers would crush any allied armor assault(and it is possible to save up the recources from it in a teamgame) which doesn't require additional micro unlike shermans, T34's, Crownwells, Panzer 4's, etc.
9 Feb 2018, 13:27 PM

^

maybe againts noobs...yes..

but jp4 has one of the lowest t4 TD range, is poorly slow, has the littlest view, has slow turning rate, one of the less accurrcay while turning/moving has no turrent..

Are you high? Its got the same range as EVERY t4 TD (that being 60) and 230 armour to boot plus 20% more accuracy at vet 2. Its prime counter for su76s, being able to match range, is a smaller target (smaller than a puma, luchs, AEC, smaller target than halftracks for some reason...) Its guaranteed to pen them, and while its only a 1/5 chance to bounce (seriously the su76 pen should probably go down a bit) its more than most options.

Use elite armour for HEAT and kill an su76 in 2 shots...

Im not sure what more you want from it here? To be spammable cancer just like stugs and su76? Try playing the game like it was intended instead to trying to change unit INTO cheese
9 Feb 2018, 14:32 PM

1; that would be kind of ridiculous as this would make OKW blobs absolutely ridiculous, all you would need are Regular obers with MG34 and PZrschreck panzerjaegers to A+move the entire allied line, only stopped by british emplacements or even more arty spam. I like the idea of a dedicated AT infantry unit for OKW, but this is not it.

MP bleed were not a big problem back when volks have schrecks, because they are cheap. We are talking about elite infantry, they are supposed to be expensive right? I don't think I've seen anyone blobbed obers before, because 1 lucky mortar shot could kill a bit more than 4 men, and don't get me started with the katyusha, land mattress or sherman calliope, they can quickly wipe the blob while they are reinforcing around the forward HQ. Just use indirect fire, the Allies love them and spam them hard in team games and in history too, am I wrong?

Losing volks is no big deal, losing obers though...
10 Feb 2018, 18:40 PM

Typical response.

Allied blobs nearly aren't as powerfull against german armor because of the difference between penetration rates and heavier german armor values(Panzershreck pens waaaay more frequently than the M9 and PTRS). Not to mention rifles and penals are more expensive to build and reinforce, something that the volksgrens dont have as a downside.

Also you lose 2 rifles as opposed to one, and half the issue was the fact that vehicles used to award way too much exp for infantry, so hit a stuart a couple times with volks pschrecks and they're already vet4 while all the allied infantry are like vet2 at most, which aactually increased their ai power, rather than decreasing it.
10 Feb 2018, 20:47 PM

I stand by my statement,i am sure that PTRS from guard and penal can punish German Medium Tier quite effectively,just watch everytime the German player had to retreat his tank to repair it isn't because of snatcher charges , they really just need to hit from the rear and the tank got penetrated.
Jackson,T34/85,SU76 is no joke and they can kill the heaviest of tanks the German had to offer recently my king got flank and steam killed by 1 T34/85 and one SU76,so similiar Sherman Easy8 and Jackson or just 2 Jackson alone can solo and punish German armor if they don't had supp and got catch.
AS for why Jadtiger ez BIGGEST RANGE tank hunter.
10 Feb 2018, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 20:47 PMCptOps
I stand by my statement,i am sure that PTRS from guard and penal can punish German Medium Tier quite effectively,just watch everytime the German had to retreat his tank to repair it isn't because of snatcher charges they really just hit from the rear and the tank got penetrated.
Jackson,T34/85,SU76 is no joke and they can kill the heavies of tier the German had to offer recently my king got flank and steam killed by 1 T34/85 and one SU76,so Sherman Easy8 and Jackson or just 2 Jackson alone can solo can punish German armor if they do not had supp and being caught.

flak halftrack 251, sends greetings PTRS from guard and penal kappa
10 Feb 2018, 20:57 PM

So new AT commander anyone?Give OKW 88flak guns? :)
10 Feb 2018, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 20:57 PMCptOps
So new AT commander anyone?Give OKW 88flak guns? :)

What's this?
11 Feb 2018, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 23:02 PMKatitof

What's this?

He means the flak88 that can turn all around like COH1, not the pak88, which is directional.
12 Feb 2018, 20:36 PM

Well i for one want more units in the game that all you need to do is build for them to play the rest of the game by themselves
13 Feb 2018, 11:31 AM

Well i for one want more units in the game that all you need to do is build for them to play the rest of the game by themselves

Uh, you mean the Allies mortars? Except the UKF one, of course.

OKW lacks decent MP-based AT, that's a fact.
Unless you spam raketens.
13 Feb 2018, 11:32 AM

Uh, you mean the Allies mortars? Except the UKF one, of course, since it got nerfed.

OKW lacks decent MP-based AT, that's a fact.
Unless you spam raketens.

Oops, accidentally used quote...
13 Feb 2018, 11:57 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

He means the flak88 that can turn all around like COH1, not the pak88, which is directional.

And what would be the benefit?
13 Feb 2018, 12:13 PM

I'm not really the one asking for it to be added, some guy above was.

I'm asking for OKW AT infantry, lul.
13 Feb 2018, 12:18 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I'm not really the one asking for it to be added, some guy above was.

I'm asking for OKW AT infantry, lul.

I see. Got a bit confused there.
13 Feb 2018, 12:21 PM

Another one of these "fire and forget" long range, no micro units everyone in CoH loves.
13 Feb 2018, 13:07 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2018, 12:21 PMKatitof

Another one of these "fire and forget" long range, no micro units everyone in CoH loves.

Pretty much what I expected. That shit was only good for some shits and giggles in compstomping. Otherwise they turned out to be pretty darn cancerous, especially in teamgames
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS