Login

russian armor

Max resource storage.

22 Jan 2018, 15:41 PM

So I've come with this idea which might affect mostly bigger team games but it's none the less important for all game modes.

Most of us have been in that situation were we were losing and suddenly we see a chance to take out a really important tank, we commit all our available units and despite some losses we take out that really important enemy unit but then, when we are taking advantage of out hard won little victory, seconds later the same unit is again in the field and this time it proves too much for you to handle so quickly.

My idea aims to give the losing player a bit more help to come back into the game and/or punish players that don't use their resources properly and this idea consists of setting certain maximum limits to each resource type. Let's say that the fuel limit is 300/350, this way if you build a elephant or a croc and if you lose it because you didn't play properly you won't be able to build another one instantly and thus give a chance to the other player to get himself together and possibly catch up in tech/army composition. The resources limits I'm not 100% sure but something along this lines would be fine:
-Max Manpower: 1000
-Max Munitions: 500/600
-Max Fuel: 300/350

What are your thoughts on this?
22 Jan 2018, 16:03 PM
Donator 11

You know what, this idea doesn't sound that bad in large team games. Think of it almost as supply capped which means losing a large unit like an Is-2 or a Jagtiger can be a huge hit to your economy.

I would adjust the MP value however but nice solid idea that may or may not fit in CoH2 but might be interesting to see if CoH3 has issues or something.
22 Jan 2018, 23:29 PM

There is a simpler solution. Cool-down on super heavy should start when the unit is lost not when the unit appears.
23 Jan 2018, 01:54 AM

What if I just don't pay attention to resources and/or my enemy is simply bad enough to keep him in bay with e.g. infantry and then he brings a tank and me like 'hey, i have enough resources for T4 and double panther'? So, heavies' cooldown sounds more reasonable as a 'solution' to the 'problem'.
23 Jan 2018, 08:42 AM
Donator 11

Most of us have been in that situation were we were losing and suddenly we see a chance to take out a really important tank, we commit all our available units and despite some losses we take out that really important enemy unit but then, when we are taking advantage of out hard won little victory, seconds later the same unit is again in the field and this time it proves too much for you to handle so quickly.

if he has enough fuel and manpower for another tiger or chruchill or elefant or whatever, then you were not just losing, you were losing very badly, so your chances of a comeback should be very slim

My idea aims to give the losing player a bit more help to come back into the game and/or punish players that don't use their resources properly and this idea consists of setting certain maximum limits to each resource type.

coh2 already has a lot of comeback mechanics, things like upkeep or abandoning

many people actually argue, that it is too easy to come back
23 Jan 2018, 08:59 AM

I don't really like the idea. If someone outplays you, keeps all his Units alive and is on full Pop cap, upgrades everything and maybe also manages to build caches on all his territory points then why would you punish him for beeing good? Also Usf could decrew their vehicles and give them to their teammates and all the other factions would send their least valuable units to death just to prevent beeing on max resources.
23 Jan 2018, 09:08 AM

Can't the game just be left alone at this point?
23 Jan 2018, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2018, 23:29 PMVipper
There is a simpler solution. Cool-down on super heavy should start when the unit is lost not when the unit appears.

Best solution here.
Everything else is just changing some fundamental gameplay properties which I will bet my balls on that it will not happen.
23 Jan 2018, 10:20 AM

Omg thats so true i really hate situations when u finnaly take down enemy jagtiger and few seconds later new one is on field especially on maps like redball expres or hill 400. That idea with cooldown sounds good and this change is easliy to implement i guess
23 Jan 2018, 11:35 AM

if he has enough fuel and manpower for another tiger or chruchill or elefant or whatever, then you were not just losing, you were losing very badly, so your chances of a comeback should be very slim

What is wrong with that ?
Game is way more intresting when u can come back or maybe u are one of this players who quit after your first mg is stolen
23 Jan 2018, 11:53 AM
Donator 11

What is wrong with that ?
Game is way more intresting when u can come back

as i already wrote, there are already rubberbanding mechanics implemented into the game

i argue against more of those mechanics, because it decreases the importance of outplaying your opponent. If you fuck up, you should pay for it and only much better plays than your opponent should get you out of your mess!

or maybe u are one of this players who quit after your first mg is stolen

i don't lose MGs :D
23 Jan 2018, 12:10 PM

Pretty much this. Make those cooldowns longer aswell, it should teach people to be more carefull with their heavy TD's etc. It's ruining the fun of teamgames to destroy a jagdtiger/croc/ etc with another one popping up in less than a minute.
23 Jan 2018, 13:56 PM

That's an exceptionally simple and good solution.
Inb4 Engine Limitations™
23 Jan 2018, 15:10 PM

Europe at War did that in CoH and to be honest it's a real pain in the ass, but then again every Artillery barrage there costs ammunition so perhaps it will work here to a better degree.
23 Jan 2018, 18:09 PM

This.

It was hard to comeback on Coh1, when you had your pop cap limited to territories.

Also, CD on superheavies... lol , after all the nerf they´ve received and the buffs to TDs like Jackson...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★