Login

russian armor

Giant Infantry SPAM

18 Jan 2018, 13:12 PM

Tons of veteran USF infantry coming through my MG´s and mortar without get Pinned down

Alternatives? as wehrmacht? / Panzerwerfer and Brummbar are correct ways but discarding this

What i can do about it?

18 Jan 2018, 13:27 PM

If I notice that my enemy is playing a heavy inf strategy, I usually get a fast Flame HT and an Ostwind afterwards.

Get a Pak and keep grens close to your vehicles for Panzerfausts and you should be fine :-)

Buildorder:

MG
Gren
Gren
Gren
Mortar (not absolutely necessary but nice sometimes)
T2
SdKfz 251
-> Flame Upgrade
PaK40
T3
Ostwind
Stug (better 2)

In my last game with this strategy, my Flame HT went from Vet 0 to Vet 2 in less than 4 seconds.
18 Jan 2018, 14:40 PM

If I notice that my enemy is playing a heavy inf strategy, I usually get a fast Flame HT and an Ostwind afterwards.

Get a Pak and keep grens close to your vehicles for Panzerfausts and you should be fine :-)

Buildorder:

MG
Gren
Gren
Gren
Mortar (not absolutely necessary but nice sometimes)
T2
SdKfz 251
-> Flame Upgrade
PaK40
T3
Ostwind
Stug (better 2)

In my last game with this strategy, my Flame HT went from Vet 0 to Vet 2 in less than 4 seconds.

works only the first 8 minutes effectivly..till that...there is so much AT prasens on the field..you are now only repairing the HT
18 Jan 2018, 15:26 PM

Permanently Banned
You can surrender, that what actually axis do :)
18 Jan 2018, 15:41 PM

Generally speaking mortars (in my experience) don't work well versus infantry spam unless your opponent is actively blobbing and bunching up his squads - then direct mortar hits do a lot of damage to the blob. Usually you are better off getting a second HMG for crowd control and then getting a Flame HT or Ostwind as High5 suggested. You just have to keep in mind how far behind on fuel you are before getting an Ostwind and prepare accordingly with double PAK if you think a medium tank is going to hit you soon. Generally speaking you want to try and maintain as least a close number of infantry squads to your opponent or else you'll just get outmuscled off the map.
18 Jan 2018, 15:48 PM

Generally speaking mortars (in my experience) don't work well versus infantry spam unless your opponent is actively blobbing and bunching up his squads - then direct mortar hits do a lot of damage to the blob. Usually you are better off getting a second HMG for crowd control and then getting a Flame HT or Ostwind as High5 suggested. You just have to keep in mind how far behind on fuel you are before getting an Ostwind and prepare accordingly with double PAK if you think a medium tank is going to hit you soon. Generally speaking you want to try and maintain as least a close number of infantry squads to your opponent or else you'll just get outmuscled off the map.

Very useful Every word. Thanks., i just need to use more Barbed wire / mines i think to get all my front solid
18 Jan 2018, 16:30 PM

Honestly? If they spam infantry and just blob your way, spamming MG's is actually not that bad of an idea. I will straight up get 3 MG's and form big firing lines of suppression to stop them if they blob that hard. Something like:

MG
Gren
Gren
MG
Gren
Tech
MG

Grens to spot for the MG's. Ostheer survives off of utilizing MG's. I've noticed that two MG's seems to be the sweet spot for Ostheer if you are worried about using odd build orders. You have to be careful of getting a Flamer HT. Although it's a great unit, if he gets an AA halftrack or Stuart you're in for trouble and you better get a counter ready.
18 Jan 2018, 16:37 PM

i have to agree lol. axis is just in a shambles right now :guyokay:
18 Jan 2018, 20:40 PM

Realism!
18 Jan 2018, 20:54 PM

Double MG for crowd control and excellent micro with snipers will do you wonders.
18 Jan 2018, 21:40 PM

Take it from an infantry pro :D

Build MGs or grenblob, gg ez.
And mix in 1 mortar into the pot. 1 mortar can be sick vs infantry-spam!
19 Jan 2018, 13:59 PM

Thanks WingZero!
Thanks lenny!

I click the follow button in Twitch yesterday hehe.
19 Jan 2018, 19:59 PM

Okay, okay, guys.. guuuys.

Everyone who doesn't believe me that Ost can't cheese Inf spam away with its own means should watch this pro play replay:

JK, I played really bad.

BUUUUT I defeated Inf spam!
20 Jan 2018, 22:24 PM

To counter infantry spam, you spam even more infantry.
Works everytime.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 1
unknown 6
United States 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L