Login

russian armor

Sturmovik Tracking

15 Jan 2018, 02:33 AM

I just played a game where Sturmovik tracking elicited something of a WTF response from me.

On replay I can see that my Sturmpio squad was still just inside the circle when the plane started tracking them, so I can sort of understand why they get followed outside the circle.

But should it really be so devastating to a unit well into retreat?

15 Jan 2018, 03:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Don't trust the circle on the map.

Victim of a bad retreat path that kept the squad close to the edge for a long time.
15 Jan 2018, 04:16 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

This CAS has been OP for awhile. Just hasn't been on meta commanders for awhile so it has avoided public eye for the majority of players. Maybe next patch (if it comes) will fix.
15 Jan 2018, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 03:04 AMTobis
Don't trust the circle on the map.

Victim of a bad retreat path that kept the squad close to the edge for a long time.

u can see the sturmovik lock on and fly off for its attack run before the sturms even retreat.
15 Jan 2018, 05:24 AM

I Thought The Sturmovik was Fine last patch, Hopefully the damage can be scaled back to that level.

It was very effective when you used combined arms but only kind of annoying if they just dropped it without followup. I think changing it back to those damage levels would be appropriate.

Last patch didn't freak out when my opponent had stumovicks but I also really liked choosing commanders that had them. Didn't work as well against OKW b/c their blob came back but FRP and Tier4 both got nerfed to make it more effective vs them.

Finally I don't think the stated intent of this change was to buff the ability's damage, it was supposed to suppress more stuff and not get shot down. Went too far.
15 Jan 2018, 05:41 AM

I think it's mostly the intense accuracy of it, when I'd expect more of a strafe. Especially against a unit in retreat.
15 Jan 2018, 06:35 AM

Overrall this thing works so weird. Sometimes flying like 5 times in a circle, and then finally deciding to shoot, and sometimes they strafe one unit over and over again even if it retreats. So weird
15 Jan 2018, 08:50 AM

All plane abilities which cause damage should use the same input as the strafe run from the USF calliope commander. At least then it requires far more user input and timing than the current versions.
15 Jan 2018, 11:31 AM

Actually the change in IL-2 have made the ability OP

And actually since loitering planes can no longer spot for themselves I really don't see the point in them, since the just fly around waiting to be shot down making the performance inconstant across mode.

Adding a suppression to planes reducing their effectiveness when they are being fired upon could help balance this abilities even more.

They could easily be replaced by planes that appear one a target has been locked do a single strafe and fly off map for the duration.
15 Jan 2018, 11:53 AM

Permanently Banned
All planes ability work not in circle, from p47 to Ju strafes. Its ficha of them.
Also i agree with Denchik.
Sturmovik was bad, coz OKW AA things just shoot down that 1 plane, sometimes he even cannot make 1 shoot.
Before say taht somthing are OP or weak, we need standarts and rules. Planes must wipe infatry/tanks ? How many models/damage thay must do ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 104
Peru 41
United States 30
United States 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %