Login

russian armor

Penal Battalions Balanced patch from Relic *Sarcasm

PAGES (8)down
4 Jan 2018, 09:25 AM

...Sorry I just got so heated with other people that refuse to see this and put you in that bandwagon xD

No need for apologies.

Yes the level of toxicity is rather high. My advice, do not fight with fire.
4 Jan 2018, 09:27 AM

The "300 manpower squad" argument is such BS, in all cases, not just Penals.

Resource cost means absolutely nothing because resources are limited only by time.

Also, in a tactical territory control game, no one should be expected to have their entire army, all squads, engaging in every single engagement.

But that's exactly the expectation if you argue that higher cost squads should be overpowered (rather than just excel at a different facet of combat than other factions' squads), since the only way you'll then be able to have a fair fight is if you have literally every last unit in your army facing off against every unit in the opponent's army -- anything below that will simply not add up properly to equal resource expenditure.

The fact is that every single unit must be threatening in some way. All micro and tactics stack on top of that foundation. If a unit poses no threat to anyone (like Volks, Grenadiers w/o G43s, 222s, etc.), then that's a design/balance issue, not a unit cost issue.

thank you! this man speaks sense :)

Yeah as it stands the opposite of what you describe is the case, it is not feasible or realistic to have every unit centered in one battle.

Especially early game when you need to be capping, the buffs and nerfs are real here. I cant have 2-3 units just to deal with Penals.

How about balancing and buffing conscripts along with VOlks?

the whole point of soviet is to have plenty of cheap but stronger units that are versitile, molotov, anti tank grenades etc. like conscript

not this thing that Penals have become

they should take off the satchel sticking to tanks too, its a huge threat and they can sponge a lot of dmg in a mid game blob to get close enough in smaller games/maps.
4 Jan 2018, 09:35 AM

greens perform well lol https://sendvid.com/5fr0m0ng

XD <444>3 luv u for this
4 Jan 2018, 09:44 AM

I miss when Penals were a alt to conscripts, where more expensive to train but cheaper to reinforce, were't AT squads, had flamethrowers that would not explode, threw bombs that could wipe Axis MG spams or squads they weren't paying heed too/Stupid MG bunker or building MG spam.
4 Jan 2018, 09:48 AM

Who even plays penals after Dec-Patch? PPSH-Conscripts are the way to go.
4 Jan 2018, 09:56 AM
Donator 11

Especially early game when you need to be capping, the buffs and nerfs are real here. I cant have 2-3 units just to deal with Penals.

How about balancing and buffing conscripts along with VOlks?

the whole point of soviet is to have plenty of cheap but stronger units that are versitile, molotov, anti tank grenades etc. like conscript

not this thing that Penals have become

they should take off the satchel sticking to tanks too, its a huge threat and they can sponge a lot of dmg in a mid game blob to get close enough in smaller games/maps.

Its worth mentioning that the patch not 3 weeks ago did buff conscripts and nerfed penals. Volks have been nerfed in that their flame grenade has a timer and they have their late vet bonuses heavily nerfed but thats not this game stage. Also the complaint that you cant have 2-3 to fight the early penal and cap is not quite true. Penals take a long time to build the first one and the combat engineer has to build the building for them first so isn't out capping, so even with a kubel to cap you should outnumber them at first (till the flame car turns up!)

I'm not saying its entirely balanced but the penal situation used to be a lot worse. The new buffed cons seem to be the bigger issue for some people.

4 Jan 2018, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2018, 09:56 AMArray

Its worth mentioning that the patch not 3 weeks ago did buff conscripts and nerfed penals. Volks have been nerfed in that their flame grenade has a timer and they have their late vet bonuses heavily nerfed but thats not this game stage. Also the complaint that you cant have 2-3 to fight the early penal and cap is not quite true. Penals take a long time to build the first one and the combat engineer has to build the building for them first so isn't out capping, so even with a kubel to cap you should outnumber them at first (till the flame car turns up!)

I'm not saying its entirely balanced but the penal situation used to be a lot worse. The new buffed cons seem to be the bigger issue for some people.

The time it takes for PEnal battalion to come out is insignificant, especially when they force me to stop capping in order to deal with them. In order to beat them early I have to use all units, I think you are ignoring the complains that volks cannot win against them even at long rage.

So everything I cap early can be uncapped if he is winning every engagement and forcing my car to be at every engagement as well
4 Jan 2018, 10:07 AM

People, don't take OP's word too serious. He posted a similair thread in the steam forums and proceeded to insult and harras other users when they told him otherwise or proved him wrong through the clip he posted.
4 Jan 2018, 10:31 AM
Donator 11

The time it takes for PEnal battalion to come out is insignificant, especially when they force me to stop capping in order to deal with them. In order to beat them early I have to use all units, I think you are ignoring the complains that volks cannot win against them even at long rage.

So everything I cap early can be uncapped if he is winning every engagement and forcing my car to be at every engagement as well

I'm not ignoring it, penals and soviet in general might be too strong but sometimes things have to be hard in the game? I dont' agree that every unit should necessarily be a (strong) threat to another - the best game play is where the synergy of things comes into play - the unit, the terrain, the tactics, the support. The new patch seems to encourage fire and manoeuver more. Early game you have volks, sturmpios and maybe a kubel. Between them they pack some punch.

I'm only a weak player but I have both won and lost as soviet recently using Penals. Whats your experience when you use Penals yourself when you play Soviets?
4 Jan 2018, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2018, 10:31 AMArray

I'm not ignoring it, penals and soviet in general might be too strong but sometimes things have to be hard in the game? I dont' agree that every unit should necessarily be a (strong) threat to another - the best game play is where the synergy of things comes into play - the unit, the terrain, the tactics, the support. The new patch seems to encourage fire and manoeuver more. Early game you have volks, sturmpios and maybe a kubel. Between them they pack some punch.

I'm only a weak player but I have both won and lost as soviet recently using Penals. Whats your experience when you use Penals yourself when you play Soviets?

I understand your point m8 but before volks and conscripts were better balanced, it suited the playstyle you speak off.

Volks were punished for letting conscripts, which could come in 2's. close the gap and conscripts were punished for letting volk maintain distance and fire.
Penal does not care, PENAL HAS NO FEAR >: O lol

To answer your question, I never play allies :(

I generally always win as allies, in my profile, i have more ally wins then germans even though I only play Germans. It has always felt easier to win as allies and I never complain but now it is too much the nerf Axis has received.

I will be playing soviet today, I do not like to abuse strong units..I have been playing for years and I enjoy using combined tactics, fire and maneuver etc. but as it stands Penals are destroying that. When I would play soviet before December patch I would do what you just described and it dint feel cheap, it felt earned. I closed the gap, time the molotov, made the hard choice of going for conscript TOMMY upgrade or guards for anti tank inf, it felt balanced.

Well I will report back, I will be streaming some soviet gameplay today to test it myself, Ive been in the receiving end for too long.
4 Jan 2018, 10:54 AM

People, don't take OP's word too serious. He posted a similair thread in the steam forums and proceeded to insult and harras other users when they told him otherwise or proved him wrong through the clip he posted.

players is too much, I insulted and defended myself to Darth there, not everyone. Primarily because he was extremely rude to me from the get come telling me I needed to learn the basics of the game, that I did not know how to play and was full of it etc in his initial post. Its like he takes it personal if someone criticizes anything about coh2.

This is funny because i've teamed up with darth in the past, he was on my friends list but that guy is a prime example of toxicity in this community. He talks and writes a lot just to hear himself talk and be a contrarian.

Why do you keep making me talk about him?

I've been a vet of this game longer then you even if my profile is new.

also, why are you here telling people to ignore me and come here to defame me without even talking about the issue at hand?

4 Jan 2018, 11:07 AM

players is too much, I insulted and defended myself to Darth there, not everyone. Primarily because he was extremely rude to me from the get come telling me I needed to learn the basics of the game, that I did not know how to play and was full of it etc in his initial post. Its like he takes it personal if someone criticizes anything about coh2.

Dude. This "Darth", whoever that may be, was totally right. You do need to learn the basics of this game.

You cant win engagements vs green cover penals while standing in the open with your Volks. If you cant even comprehend this then really I dont know what else to say. Do you even play Soviets every now and then or are you just playing axis only and then blaming every loss on balance issues??
4 Jan 2018, 11:18 AM

https://clips.twitch.tv/CarelessVictoriousFriesGivePLZ

need to say any more??

drones200 showing how OP penals are LUL
4 Jan 2018, 11:21 AM

4 Jan 2018, 11:31 AM
4 Jan 2018, 11:38 AM

4 Jan 2018, 11:39 AM

https://clips.twitch.tv/CarelessVictoriousFriesGivePLZ

need to say any more??

drones200 showing how OP penals are LUL

dude it is my first game in years, watch the whole match lmaoo

I beat him back

Keep watching :), im starting new one

first game as soviets in 1 year

4 Jan 2018, 11:45 AM

dude it is my first game in years, watch the whole match lmaoo

I beat him back

Keep watching :), im starting new one

first game as soviets in 1 year

Exactly.

First game in years. So please leave the judgement about 'op' units to more experienced players.

I feel like you don't even want feedback. You just sitting here, doing bad attempts to roast anyone who doesn't agree with you.
Not
4 Jan 2018, 11:47 AM

He is a troll. Already insulting people on steam discussions on the same thread.
4 Jan 2018, 12:19 PM

Welp well I am playing like garbage this morning, second time playing soviet now since Patch. Strickly sticking to the units however I am forgetting build orders and floating, I am a poor example of them now.

But I will be playing for the rest of the day until I remember how to play this faction again.

Even with all my horrible plays, I was destroying panthers with penals.

The guy even accused of me cheating when I was coming back, but far from it.

I will post a replay when I finally get this soviet train going ;)

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS