Login

russian armor

OKW is absolutely trash now, rebalance this asap!

PAGES (8)down
18 Feb 2018, 12:38 PM

I've been saying this for ages and continue to say it: upgrades and veteran bonuses are NOT the answer to inherently unviable units.

You have to make the BASE, default, vanilla unit truly THREATENING, just like Allied baseline units are truly threatening.

Volksgrenadiers deal no damage, and Grenadiers lose their first model and 1/4 of their damage in the first second of every engagement -- no threat whatsoever.

Suprisingly, a random axis main joins the discussion in a thread that is dead for a month, and puts in a raggy- ass description filled with misinformation for no logical reason.
18 Feb 2018, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2018, 12:38 PMA table

Suprisingly, a random axis main joins the discussion in a thread that is dead for a month, and puts in a raggy- ass description filled with misinformation for no logical reason.

Surprisingly indeed since i was expecting felinewolfe and katitof
18 Feb 2018, 17:34 PM

Von has just won King of the Hill as OKW vs USF (Karl)
18 Feb 2018, 23:37 PM

Von has just won King of the Hill as OKW vs USF (Karl)

This is an incredibly harmful fallacy that I've seen used across dozens of multiplayer games for years.

MOBA players are particularly prone to this flawed reasoning by claiming that as long as a given hero's win rate isn't excessive (too far above 50%), then the hero is properly designed. But a hero can be literally invincible and instantly kill every enemy he encounters and still have 50% win rate.

My point being that you do NOT, ever use win/loss rates to argue about proper design and balance.

You use objective analysis of performance. For instance, the fact that USF Riflemen can close in on an Axis Volksgrenadier or Grenadier squad through an open field, running directly into fire, get into the same cover as the Axis unit, and win the engagement -- that is objectively incorrect game design, as it removes the need for USF players to use any of the core tactical systems in the game (TrueSight, cover, etc.).

By the same token, Volksgrenadiers do not do damage. They are not a threat, ever. Which is objectively incorrect.

Same goes for Grenadiers losing models instantly, having to retreat immediately from every engagement, and not being able to recrew weapons safely after losing a single model, and for how the 222 is an "armored" car that takes damage from rifle fire, but all that's not what this thread is about.

At the end of the day, there are objectively incorrect elements to CoH2 design, and they're all concentrated on the Axis side because Relic, like most WWII game developers, have an Allied bias and refuse to make Axis factions truly threatening.

Until Allied players scream in terror every time an enemy Axis infantry squad engages them, in the same way Axis players are forced into immediate retreat every time every single Allied infantry unit engages them, the game will remain a farce.
19 Feb 2018, 05:54 AM

300mp for a retreat marker seems ridiculous to me. If it is going to cost that much at least make it available on all trucks.
19 Feb 2018, 06:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2018, 05:54 AMHauRuck
300mp for a retreat marker seems ridiculous to me. If it is going to cost that much at least make it available on all trucks.

Why?
Other factions pay equally much if not more + need to pick a weak doctrine as well for it.
Its perfectly fair for what it does.
19 Feb 2018, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2018, 06:04 AMKatitof

Why?
Other factions pay equally much if not more + need to pick a weak doctrine as well for it.

I agree. The only faction that somehow has a 'useful' FRP is the USF. And still this one costs 120 (?) Fuel.
USF pays more with their forward bases, Ost and Sovs don't have one from stock.

OKW is the only faction with a FRP that can reinforce and heal without being a 'one hit dying' unit like the ambulance.
19 Feb 2018, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2018, 06:04 AMKatitof

Why?

Because they have no halftrack and can't reinforce in the field.
19 Feb 2018, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2018, 07:29 AMHauRuck

With the newest patch they can. Feuersturm Doctrine got an Opel Blitz which can reinforce on the field and also give some other bonus but I am not exactly sure which one this is.
19 Feb 2018, 08:36 AM

With the newest patch they can. Feuersturm Doctrine got an Opel Blitz which can reinforce on the field and also give some other bonus but I am not exactly sure which one this is.

True, with this doctrine they can, but it is similar to the ambulance, it dies easily. Apparently it buffs munition-based recharge times too. Gonna have to test this. I wish it buffed resource production of the sector it was in. That would help OKW a lot more.
19 Feb 2018, 12:22 PM

I agree. The only faction that somehow has a 'useful' FRP is the USF. And still this one costs 120 (?) Fuel.
USF pays more with their forward bases, Ost and Sovs don't have one from stock.

OKW is the only faction with a FRP that can reinforce and heal without being a 'one hit dying' unit like the ambulance.

The Major does not cost 120 Fuel. The unlock of T3 costs 240/120 and provides a Major.

The Major it self costs 150 manpower (the price to built him) and is one of the most cost efficient units since it provides access to retreat point, Recon flight and the probably the most cost efficient off map.
19 Feb 2018, 12:41 PM

Make the ST like the 203mm artygun von Soviets...a one barrel gun with 120range (ST could should the rocket about 6000m) which is inaccurate but do heave smash dmg to the area targets

the same reloadtime and all is good.

19 Feb 2018, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2018, 07:29 AMHauRuck

Complain about that when reinforcement HTs will actually become meta for anything else then 2v2 ost.
Plus, you might want to read up latest commander changes.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS