Login

russian armor

Ostheer sniper vs garrison

25 Dec 2017, 19:13 PM

Is it just me or the ostheer sniper misses targets in building more often. I let my sniper free fire at an mg in a building, and he kept on missing it. The mg was in the correct window, and I have never had this issue before. Maybe it is just a bug with the building overlooking the star on la gleize on the left side of the map.
25 Dec 2017, 19:16 PM

All snipers have 50% accuraccy multiplier against squads in garrisons and retreating squads.

It's a fact and it has been like this since 2013 (except UKF sniper who was a special snowflake for some time and then was "nerfed" to match its counterparts. Also Incendiary round tended to have 100% accuraccy always, but I think that this patch it was standardised as well).
25 Dec 2017, 19:24 PM

I know there are some exception like not issuing a command to snipers usually allows them to get around the 5o% accuracy thingy. I do this a lot with the soviet snipers, and they hit every shot. If you issue a command, the sniper will miss half its shots while firing at buildings. The reason I built the ostheer sniper was to clear buildings i knew were going to be occupied.
25 Dec 2017, 19:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Just to overwrite what hector said:

All snipers have a base accuracy of 2.

The ostheer sniper has a .325 accuracy multiplier against garrisons.

The soviet sniper has a .4 accuracy multiplier against garrisons.

The UKF sniper has a .5 accuracy multiplier against garrisons.
25 Dec 2017, 19:51 PM

So in laymans terms does that mean that the ukf sniper has a 100% chance of hitting a garrisoned target? Or is it something different?
25 Dec 2017, 19:55 PM

I didnt know it is so overcomplicated :D Relic never stops to amaze me, even after all those years.

Like really, if I was a manager of their coders I would probably fire all of them who touched unit stats because it is soo messed all over and it lacks CONSISTENCY
25 Dec 2017, 20:04 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So in laymans terms does that mean that the ukf sniper has a 100% chance of hitting a garrisoned target? Or is it something different?

Yep
25 Dec 2017, 21:19 PM

So Eastern Front Snipers perform a dice roll when firing at Infantry inside buildings?
25 Dec 2017, 23:45 PM
Donator 11

So Eastern Front Snipers perform a dice roll when firing at Infantry inside buildings?

Every sniper shot is a dice (rng) roll. But normally this doesnt matter becouse the chance is over 1. In case of retreating squads and squads in buildings it does matter as in these cases chance may drop under 1.

From technical perspective, a number between 0 and 1 is rolled from random number generator. Then it is compared to threshold (often called chance or probability) which can be any positive number (in case of this game effectively from 0 to 2). If the rolled number is higher than the threshold then it means your shot misses, if it is under threshold your shot hits.
26 Dec 2017, 01:21 AM

Dang! That is complicated. I just wish wesley snipes could hit an mg in a building :(. Balls! I hate going Afk mortars.
27 Dec 2017, 12:06 PM

OST sniper is trash when it comes to clearing buildings. Something I personally notice when i use them. My "luck" seems to run out every game despite the 50% claim people have. Issuing attack command or not doesn't make a difference IMO
27 Dec 2017, 18:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's to even out the difference in firing times between the Soviet and Ostheer snipers; Ost sniper fires faster but misses more vs houses.

Then Brits just shit on that because #Lelic.
27 Dec 2017, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2017, 18:49 PMTobis

It's to even out the difference in firing times between the Soviet and Ostheer snipers; Ost sniper fires faster but misses more vs houses.

Well he's got an AT Rifle, also remember when it used to hit the House instead of entities inside of it?
27 Dec 2017, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2017, 18:49 PMTobis

it was given 0.5 cause brits dont have counters to houses
27 Dec 2017, 21:22 PM

OST sniper is trash when it comes to clearing buildings. Something I personally notice when i use them. My "luck" seems to run out every game despite the 50% claim people have. Issuing attack command or not doesn't make a difference IMO

I think that is becayse there is still received accuracy at work with the garrisoned unit.
28 Dec 2017, 19:23 PM

Would be nice if they could change the accuracy to hit mgs 100% of the time. Everything else is pretty easy to clear with engineers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★