Login

russian armor

About newcomers

21 Dec 2017, 09:35 AM

Recently a lot of newcomers joined the game after humble bundle promotion
In automatch those new players are still going through placement matches and know little about the game.

I just wanted to remind people that anyone was a "noob" at first and that is in our best interest to keep those players within the active community overtime.
Please avoid mockery and cancerous behaviour, be patient and explain them game mechanics/encourage them in learning the game.
21 Dec 2017, 10:03 AM

That honestly should be common sense. It is also not okay to mock experienced players. I rarely play games where there is not at least one player involved in flaming in the middle or the end of the match.

CoH2 has a small community but still this one is a salt mine aswell.
Let's hope things get better.
21 Dec 2017, 13:19 PM

I played my first game in the new patch yesterday. Hadn't played wehrmacht for quite some time. We got reked and I was called a noob by my opponent.
"okay".
I suppose 850+hrs is what you'd call a noob compared to the 2000-4000+hrs players :p
21 Dec 2017, 14:21 PM

Recently a lot of newcomers joined the game after humble bundle promotion
In automatch those new players are still going through placement matches and know little about the game.

I just wanted to remind people that anyone was a "noob" at first and that is in our best interest to keep those players within the active community overtime.
Please avoid mockery and cancerous behaviour, be patient and explain them game mechanics/encourage them in learning the game.

wow i was sure this moment would never happen in my life.

i support your post

+1
21 Dec 2017, 20:12 PM

I'm 2sided with the influx of newer players.

On the one hand, they are needed for improving the playerbase. I have no problem teaching newer people how to play.

At the same time, i'm very f*cking sick and tired of being insulted by newer players that are unable to properly play multiplayer online, and then proceed to blame me when i have the upper hand in my sector.

What's even worse at times is that all of these people head to the Steam forums and proceed to post misinformed rants on how "OKW is OP AF" or "Allies are OP AF" without admitting that the problems lies with them, not the game. They also insult and ridicule others when they point out the flawed arguments.
6 Jan 2018, 01:55 AM

wow i was sure this moment would never happen in my life.

i support your post

+1

Moe itoo, chu completement d'accord avec ce qu'il a dit la :)
(Me as well, I am completely in accord with that which he said there :)
6 Jan 2018, 02:22 AM

Moe itoo, chu completement d'accord avec ce qu'il a dit la :)
(Me as well, I am completely in accord with that which he said there :)

Oh please, don't translate sexy french, it's so lovely.

About topic: I'm actually kinda sad that there's so much free flame from people playing this game. I wish there was a mute button to just move on. Maybe they should train with some real rage games, like Getting Over It.
6 Jan 2018, 06:26 AM
Patrion 310

CoH2 is not more toxic than SC2, let alone LoL.

A few tidbits of information on the subject;
CoH2 doesn't require much APM compared to SC2, so plenty of time to type some shit in chat.
There is also a lot of forced politeness in SC2 and social media which is destroying authenticity.
This video is a great example of forced politeness;
Aziz Ansari’s recent SNL sketch on ratings pressure

Also get this; Facebook’s Founding President Sean Parker Admits Social Network Manipulates Human Psychology (designed to be addictive to "likes/ratings")

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/ex-facebook-president-sean-parker-social-network-human-vulnerability-2017-11?r=UK&IR=T
Sean Parker, the first president of Facebook, has a disturbing warning about the social network: "God only knows what it's doing to our children's brains."

Then you also have Generation Cry Babies/victimhood culture (easily offended) that is an emotional train wreck just waiting to happen.
Day9 did a good video of generation cry babies and how they constantly fail to calm down;
Day[9] addresses the misconception that some multiplayer game communities are overwhelmingly toxic, explaining the difference between people who initially enter a game with intent to be toxic, and those who are quick to return toxicity when prompted. He then goes on to explain the important "Rule of the Internet."

Inside the Largest Virtual Psychology Lab in the World
https://medium.com/backchannel/inside-the-largest-virtual-psychology-lab-in-the-world-7c0d2c43cda5
Riot Games wants you to behave yourself when you play League of Legends, so it’s turned the game into a virtual lab

For some quality SC2 "Esport drama" go watch destiny; The Road to Relevance videos

Also, don't forget South Park did an entire season 19 how forced politeness (language police/PC culture) is destroying authenticity. That season was a masterpiece of debunking PC culture. You can watch the entire season for free on their website.

Randy must prove he understands what it is to be a PC bro -- part of this week's Season Premiere episode "Stunning and Brave"

11 Jan 2018, 06:43 AM

I like the new players, but when i ask if we focus mid and right, and he blobs everything left i can get a bit salty.
But i never express myself in chat.
The noobs are fun to play against though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★