Login

russian armor

Custom Map Played Statistics

17 Dec 2017, 02:32 AM

The DBP is coming out next week. The 2v2 map Pripyat Sector is going to be removed from the game. I know some "TOP" players may have issue with the map only having 2 VPs and wishing it to be removed.

However, this map seems to get played a lot in custom games. That means removing it entirely from the game could hurt the current NEW player base. I see 3-4 matches everytime I look at custom games.

Does anyone have access to the stats of which maps get played most in custom games? New players love this map and probably will not know to look for it in steam etc. They pick maps from inside the game. Now they will be stuck playing maps like RHZEV WINTER and wish they were dead instead like I do when I play it :hansRAGE:
17 Dec 2017, 06:13 AM

But Pripyat Sector is terrible, it's essentially a stalemate for the most part assuming you have two equally skilled sides and even if you break that stalemate, it isn't entirely rewarding, you have to do it for 500 VPs worth.

Always No 1 on my veto list.
17 Dec 2017, 11:31 AM

It could a good map for vCPU and with defensive mods because of the bottlenecks and so on. But in MM its just a big stalemate. Me and my friend played and had a 50 minute game were it was still 410vp-460vp's
we just ended up backing out.
17 Dec 2017, 11:32 AM

Prefer to stuck with RHZEV WINTER on every game for next year than play this stupid map...
17 Dec 2017, 17:39 PM

You guys are missing the point. This map gets a lot of play. Possibly more than any other 2v2 map. The players are not high level players from what I have seen. With the FREE coh2 out more NEW players will be out. They need fun maps to play to get encouraged to play more and become community members.

Perhaps the longer match time is what these players want. When you are learning the game it gives you time to read descriptions and try out abilities multiple times.

Where a map like RHZEV WINTER may confuse new players. There is deep snow all over. Weird looking sight blockers. How many people have seen a tank sink into the ice even though most of the tank is on land? Things that may discourage people from playing.
17 Dec 2017, 18:13 PM

I also think it is a terrible map for competitive automatch play. But to cheer you up a bit. It doesn't get removed from the game entirely as far as I know.

MAPS TO BE REMOVED FROM AUTOMATCH

2v2
• Pripyat Sector (community map)

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244551/december-update-map-revamp-preview

So, all tons of players that you see playing this map in custom games, can continue to do so in custom games. But thank god it gets removed from automatch.

Cheers
17 Dec 2017, 19:11 PM

I also think it is a terrible map for competitive automatch play. But to cheer you up a bit. It doesn't get removed from the game entirely as far as I know.

I have very low reading comprehension scores. I read that as the maps with (Community Map) are being removed entirely from the game. And maps with (now custom games only) will still be included with the game. Or is it just classic Relic Canadienese language. I can never understand what they are saying because I am not that bright and every time I have gone to Canada I always wish I hadn't :S

My thoughts are that many players DO NOT play/or DO NOT select to play competitive automatch maps. If we could find some stats maybe there would be a push for some NON-COMPETITIVE maps being added. Or at least look closer at maps that people may enjoy playing casually. 99% of maps created are on steam meant for fun casual play. There are some gems out there that could be added to make it easier for new players.

The modder forum is not the real place for this discussion. Anyone know where the stats guys hang out?
17 Dec 2017, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2017, 19:11 PMRosbone
I have very low reading comprehension scores. I read that as the maps with (Community Map) are being removed entirely from the game. And maps with (now custom games only) will still be included with the game.

Am I completely blind? Could you please show me where you're reading this. The link and quote I posted above state that the map only gets removed from automatch.

17 Dec 2017, 21:29 PM

Am I completely blind? Could you please show me where you're reading this. The link and quote I posted above state that the map only gets removed from automatch.

LMAO exactly!

There appear to only be two options in the game: AUTOMATCH or CUSTOM GAMES. So what happens to these mysterious "community" maps? Like I said "I am dumb" :)
17 Dec 2017, 21:44 PM

Oh now I'm getting you. Sorry mate.

I guess you are concerned about...

• Pripyat Sector (community map)
• Schilberg Outskirts (now custom games only)

...the fact, that Pripyat Sector doesn't state "now custom games only" in brackets unlike most other maps which will be taken out from automatch. Thus, I guess you can only play it by implementing it via steam workshop from now on.

In this case all I can say, too bad for you mate. Most competitive players seem to dislike the map in automatch. Maybe relic is only allowing a certain amount of maps for the custom games map pool, and had to cut some from there as well.
17 Dec 2017, 22:34 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2017, 19:11 PMRosbone

The modder forum is not the real place for this discussion. Anyone know where the stats guys hang out?

Weell, my script that collects player data should actually still be running, although I haven't checked in a while.

It also does collect info on custom matches and in fact when I thought about creating my post on map stats I actually thought about including a section on custom games.

Here's the catch, though: In order to retrieve the match info, I have to query the match history of a specific player using his steam ID. Now, I can't query all possible steam IDs, so what the the script does is it first downloads all leaderboards, and then queries the histories of the players found on the leaderboards.

So, if the script is still running, I could provide you with a list of maps used in custom maps, but basically only of those players that occasionally play ranked games. Games of players that only play custom matches do not appear there, so the statistics will probably be severely skewed...
18 Dec 2017, 00:30 AM

So, if the script is still running, I could provide you with a list of maps used in custom maps, but basically only of those players that occasionally play ranked games.

Thanks for the response Siphon. Its not that important as the maps are already picked. I just remember seeing map stats etc for tournaments. I thought the data might be easily available thru steam or relic. I will have to PM you someday to get info on how to get stats. As I used to code in a former life :)

In this case all I can say, too bad for you mate. Most competitive players seem to dislike the map in automatch.

The map is not mine. I just browse the custom matches and see it in the list a lot. Usually being played against the AI. And it stood out that newer players like it.

I used to play annihilation COH1 against AI everyday with friends. None of them would ever play automatch. I have 100s of maps we would play everyday. Many of them are AI meat grinders. And they are the most fun for casuals. Some of the maps have Flak 88's all over for monster defense matches! I modded the game so easy AI had infinite resources and we would murder wave after wave of enemies! I see this map as being a good balanced map that has elements casuals can use for meat grinder matches. And making this type of play easy to navigate for new players could be key to growing the player base / community.
18 Dec 2017, 00:54 AM

Oh I should add I think HelpingHans was recently saying that he started playing with friends and eventual got better than them and started playing automatch.

However, the meat grinder play over the years has ruined me for 1v1. 4v4 only for me. Nowhere near enough carnage for me :gimpy:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★