Login

russian armor

It is time for the OH MG bunker to cost popcap

8 Jan 2018, 16:40 PM

I remember a long time ago I lost a 2v2 game with a friend in trois-ponts precisely because I was wasting too much time trying to destroy bunkers to decap vp's and the fuel point and at a point the axis players just gave up their infantry and spammed bunkers with tanks and mortars. That's all it took to win. What I am saying is that depending on the game mode and map bunkers can be a problem or not so eventhough they arent in some modes and maps it wouldnt hurt much if they got limited to a max of 4/5.
8 Jan 2018, 17:58 PM

Read the topic title carefully, will you? MG bunker.

Yes, but they can only give the bunker a pop cap. Not the upgrade:banana:
8 Jan 2018, 18:11 PM
Donator 11

I remember a long time ago I lost a 2v2 game with a friend in trois-ponts precisely because I was wasting too much time trying to destroy bunkers to decap vp's and the fuel point and at a point the axis players just gave up their infantry and spammed bunkers with tanks and mortars. That's all it took to win. What I am saying is that depending on the game mode and map bunkers can be a problem or not so eventhough they arent in some modes and maps it wouldnt hurt much if they got limited to a max of 4/5.

Trois points is an odd map - as axis I normally struggle to defend it WITHOUT bunkers and even with 120's or a tank normally wreck them.

Allowing 4/5 is a lot though - have you really seen more then this? Limiting to 2 would be fine for most people but I suspect limits aren't possible even if this was desirable.
8 Jan 2018, 18:36 PM

No, bunker spam creates immense man power drain to already MP intensive Wehrmacht, not to mention munis. The main issue are the maps which are perfect for bunker spams.
9 Jan 2018, 15:55 PM

How about they set a limit then on how many can be built? Because there are maps where it is spammed. Both sides hit this critical mass, but one side gets to keep creating "units" essentially.

Max of 3?
9 Jan 2018, 16:57 PM
Donator 11

The real problem with the Axis Bunkers is the armor. Sure we can make comments about the fighting position getting nades and a MG all we want but they die super easy to small arms. MG42's, pios, sturmpios all have a fairly easy time clearing it due to its lower armor. The OKW/OST bunker has high enough armor that its not damaged by small arms fire making it hard to flank/clear. The only options for removal are ATguns, mortars (not an effective counter), Or a demo charge which typically runs around 80 muni.

In theory an early bunker can lock down sections of the map up to if not past the 7-8 min mark due to lack of solid counters and if not cleared can essentially trap the opponent as it even spots for itself (mostly <90% of arc) .

These issues only get worse in large team games as they are easy to set up with the added MP not spending on map control as you might in 1v1 and can allow axis to stop large pushes even in late game battles once the heavy AT tanks roll out making it hard if not impossible to push off axis.

TLDR: Reduce armor of Axis Bunker to same as USF fighting pos, reduce line of sight it is granted much light fighting pos, and give it similar costs.

Note: This post applies to both OKW and OST bunkers respectfully
9 Jan 2018, 17:19 PM

... Or a demo charge which typically runs around 80 muni.

Your numbers are off.(and all the hand held infantry weapons that can destroy it are missing).
9 Jan 2018, 17:27 PM
Donator 11

The real problem with the Axis Bunkers is the armor. Sure we can make comments about the fighting position getting nades and a MG all we want but they die super easy to small arms. MG42's, pios, sturmpios all have a fairly easy time clearing it due to its lower armor. The OKW/OST bunker has high enough armor that its not damaged by small arms fire making it hard to flank/clear. The only options for removal are ATguns, mortars (not an effective counter), Or a demo charge which typically runs around 80 muni.

In theory an early bunker can lock down sections of the map up to if not past the 7-8 min mark due to lack of solid counters and if not cleared can essentially trap the opponent as it even spots for itself (mostly <90% of arc) .

These issues only get worse in large team games as they are easy to set up with the added MP not spending on map control as you might in 1v1 and can allow axis to stop large pushes even in late game battles once the heavy AT tanks roll out making it hard if not impossible to push off axis.

TLDR: Reduce armor of Axis Bunker to same as USF fighting pos, reduce line of sight it is granted much light fighting pos, and give it similar costs.

Note: This post applies to both OKW and OST bunkers respectfully

There are multiple options for clearing out bunkers and building them in early game is asking for MP bleed, just becouse they die so quickly its impossible to repair them. Lets see:
- soviets: early mortar, early at gun, penal satchel, penal ptrs, demo (which is 60 muni now)
- usf: mortar, bazooka weapon rack, early LVs like AA halftrack or stuart, AT gun
- ukf: mortar emplacement, piat weapon rack, AT gun, AEC, AT sections, even the sniper.

Mind that weapon rack is quite often the good choice as it costs around the same as one MG bunker and you will have to buy it sooner or later either way.
11 Jan 2018, 15:26 PM

IMO the change required for OST bunkers is costs. At 150 MP, the base bunker building is not viable for what it is intended, i.e. cover for Grens and other. It is also exteremely easy to destroy.

There cost should remain the same, but reworked. The base bunker should cost 50 manpower and should have a target size of 5 so its not a freebe for any AT gun or tank.

When upgraded with an MG 42, the costs is the same 60 munitions plus 100 manpower and target size goes back to the original value.

For the Command bunker and Medical station upgrade, imo it should be considered to have alternate costs. Like, medical/command bunker could costs +200 manpower (same as Soviet base healers, brit Forward assembly), target size however remains the same as the base version of 5 UNLESS occupied.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 59
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment