Login

russian armor

okw at gun

25 Nov 2017, 20:16 PM

playercard pls

Do you want to suffer the same fate as Hector?

'Cause that's how you suffer the same fate as Hector.
26 Nov 2017, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2017, 15:50 PMGrumpy
Some of us would even take a Pak40 with no target weakpoint over the pupchen. Nothing more infuriating than seeing a tank make it out of a fight with a sliver of health because the pupchen did its special version of attack ground three times in a row.

Do whatever you want to the raketten, but please fix it hitting the ground 50% of the time. It's so inconsistent right now that it's basically impossible to balance. On the one hand, it might stealth 1-shot your damaged vehicle. On the other hand it might miss 3 times in a row by hitting the ground, while your AEC/T70/whatever wipes half a squad.

If you removed cloak, you could now avoid the AT gun entirely (especially do to its range), and even if you did get in range, there's a pretty good chance it'll just hit the ground anyway. At least with cloak it has a chance to be somewhat useful.
27 Nov 2017, 08:10 AM

ich have often the problem: i recrew the puppchen and it need nearly 7sec that oit shot the first shot!

and more : the first shot hit to often the ground/ misses
Vaz
28 Nov 2017, 08:58 AM

It's been frustrating me by failing to fire at all.
28 Nov 2017, 15:54 PM

It's just a problem unit altogether. When it works it works way too friggen well. I've had 3 rifle squads blaring down a raketwerfer on retreat and doing absolutely nothing to it. Being able to retreat on an AT gun is also something people seem to overlook. Or I had a jackson obliterated by two surprise rakets stealthed with no way to scout for it other then walking right on top of it. They can also get it tier 0 which counters so much light vehicle play.

On the other hand it misses sometimes and I've noticed it's more susceptible to being one shot by tanks. So when heavy tanks hit the field you bet it's going to be obliterated. A problem unit indeed.
29 Nov 2017, 00:32 AM

It's just a problem unit altogether. When it works it works way too friggen well. I've had 3 rifle squads blaring down a raketwerfer on retreat and doing absolutely nothing to it. Being able to retreat on an AT gun is also something people seem to overlook. Or I had a jackson obliterated by two surprise rakets stealthed with no way to scout for it other then walking right on top of it. They can also get it tier 0 which counters so much light vehicle play.

On the other hand it misses sometimes and I've noticed it's more susceptible to being one shot by tanks. So when heavy tanks hit the field you bet it's going to be obliterated. A problem unit indeed.

+1
29 Nov 2017, 01:20 AM

Except that usf get non doctrinal/doctrinal recon pass/loiter...
29 Nov 2017, 02:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Except that usf get non doctrinal/doctrinal recon pass/loiter...

Recon passes technically work, but the cooldown means that, in practice, they don't actually do anything about the problem he stated. Recon passes are used to see enemy troop movements and positioning or to scout positions before an assault; seeing a raketen for 3 seconds every (not exactly sure on the cooldown) 40-60 seconds doesn't really help much. This is only made worse by the fact that its a pretty costly ability for what it is (60 munitions iirc, maybe even 45 or 30?) in a munitions reliant faction.

As for Recon loiters, none of the top tier doctrines have them. USF crutches pretty hard on armor company, so taking something with a recon loiter is essentially already a disadvantage (though I do think tactical support is underused and underrated). Add to the fact that okw has free AA with other good AA options and recon loiters are less effective than one would hope. They do work though.

Main conclusion: You're not wrong, but you havent really addressed or countered his point either
29 Nov 2017, 03:08 AM

Recon passes technically work, but the cooldown means that, in practice, they don't actually do anything about the problem he stated. Recon passes are used to see enemy troop movements and positioning or to scout positions before an assault; seeing a raketen for 3 seconds every (not exactly sure on the cooldown) 40-60 seconds doesn't really help much. This is only made worse by the fact that its a pretty costly ability for what it is (60 munitions iirc, maybe even 45 or 30?) in a munitions reliant faction.

As for Recon loiters, none of the top tier doctrines have them. USF crutches pretty hard on armor company, so taking something with a recon loiter is essentially already a disadvantage (though I do think tactical support is underused and underrated). Add to the fact that okw has free AA with other good AA options and recon loiters are less effective than one would hope. They do work though.

Main conclusion: You're not wrong, but you havent really addressed or countered his point either

Pretty sure Major Recon is 50 munitions, so it's still pricey enough you don't want to spam it, even with the additional plane you get like 5 seconds of vision at most.
29 Nov 2017, 06:48 AM

The funny thing is, the raketenwerfer is more annoying than it is actually good at its intended role lol.

Basically.

AT guns are the single most vulnerable setup team in the game, so while you'd think being able to retreat would help an AT gun team, the reality is that the tiny range and the terrible performance hamstrings OKW more than being able to retreat AT guns helps.

You still have to use AT guns defensively, even with magical stealth, because players with any modicum of experience never send tanks anywhere alone.

So "ambushing" tanks with Raketenwerfers just isn't anywhere as viable as you're making it sound, OP.
29 Nov 2017, 06:50 AM

the poor surviveabilty, the low range, the low accurracy, the low dmg means that u need 3 puppchen to scare tanks and even than u need the micro and luck that 2 puppchen doesnt wipe with the first incoming hit...ir misses all the time.

it mean the puppchen is not a unit which can push back tanks from your front.

i had zis guns which survive about 10 hits from tanks...
29 Nov 2017, 07:10 AM

50 muni, I don't remember cooldown, I use it when needed so I don't really spam it enough to remember/care about cooldown.
1 thing tho, AA isn't an issue for recon PASS, I have never lost it, as it fly through the map and isn't a loiter like doctrinal one.

@Storm Elite yep
30 Nov 2017, 02:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

50 muni, I don't remember cooldown, I use it when needed so I don't really spam it enough to remember/care about cooldown.
1 thing tho, AA isn't an issue for recon PASS, I have never lost it, as it fly through the map and isn't a loiter like doctrinal one.

@Storm Elite yep

Yup, AA isnt an issue for recon passes. I don't think anyone really uses it often because of the high munitions cost.

More generally, I agree that stealth is a problem in that it makes the unit annoying and somewhat cheesy, not in that it makes the unit overpowered. As was said before, most people (including me) would prefer if okw had a pak 40 over a raketenwerfer. Personally, I'd even take an M1 at gun over a raketenwerfer. Also, I find it interesting that some people talk about the raketen being in t0 as if it were a meaningful advantage. If someone goes for a raketen that early, then they messed up, end of story.
30 Nov 2017, 18:23 PM

why not give okw pak 30 w rocket warhead as ability, and put puppchen in the luftwaffe commander as an airdroppable at gun with better than current stats
5 Dec 2017, 07:20 AM

You hit the nail on the head - It's a very extreme unit, and I honestly don't like using it at all because I prefer reliability.

Pros: Can retreat, can cloak, can garrison, great veterancy.
Cons: Bad range, bad accuracy, bad setup and aim time, idiotic projectile, vulnerable 4-man crew huddled super close to a no-cover weapon. The last point is the most frustrating bit...Vet 4/5 raketens regularly die in one shot or one shot + hull/coaxial mg burst, and the horrible range really exacerbates its vulnerability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 29
Germany 262
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %