Login

russian armor

German arty OP ?

22 Nov 2017, 21:02 PM

Is it just me or the German arty is so OP ? Had 3 wipe squads,1 of them on the move,with 3 shells one after another...
22 Nov 2017, 21:08 PM

I am assuming you mean the onmap, built artillery? And you said german, but i believe both the OKW and the OST versions are identical, with one being a clone of the other.

Anyway, they are indeed quite powerful. It sounds like you had an unhealthy dose of bad RNG come your way.

One thing to keep in mind is that they are all, I think, in rather unused or weak commanders. So on one hand the commander choice is theoretically crippling the axis player in a manner of speaking, but also equipping themselves with a tool many players are unprepared to see, let alone react to.

Out of curiosity was a forward retreat/reinforce point being utilized? The closer to the front/arti you are, the better on map artillery is in its barrage.
22 Nov 2017, 23:03 PM

I'm talking bout the LefH arty. And yea i had FRP as UKF near fuel/VP but he was aiming right on the fuel in the covers,(rails and metal) right side,and first shell wiper whole squad,i went relocating second one,he wiped with second shell,and his third shell hitted my MG...3 shells wiper my whole roster xD Went rage and gave up :D
PS RNG fucked me up for that game,maybe cos im winning 4 days in a row ? :D
22 Nov 2017, 23:03 PM

On the other hand,when i try using Russian arty BL,i never get such a hits :/
23 Nov 2017, 00:08 AM

I am assuming you mean the onmap, built artillery? And you said german, but i believe both the OKW and the OST versions are identical, with one being a clone of the other.

that they are! a vet 5 OKW howitzer is no different than a vet 3 ost one, it gets the same buffs just later cause relic!
23 Nov 2017, 00:19 AM

On the other hand,when i try using Russian arty BL,i never get such a hits :/

You just need the inverse of the RNG you had against the LeFH. :P

Seriously though, I have actually had great results with the ML-20, but only so long as the axis have all chosen commanders that can't recon and bomb the onmap. Last I used one I was able to murderface OKW medic trucks like nobodies business. The ML-20 is surprisingly ineffective against Ostheer because you don't need an artillery piece to wipe their squads and team weapons. Katyusha does everything the ML-20 can do against Ostheer, but for cheaper, as a stock option, and with more consistency.

It's been a while since I've used an ML-20 now that I think about it though. Depending on how the war vs FRPs goes, chances are I won't for a long time either.
23 Nov 2017, 01:45 AM

I wouldnt say they are OP but they are very strong, it feels like a never ending barrage when it vets up.

Playing as UKF, you don't really have a good counter to a well placed LEFH without going Arty doctrine yourself, but even then, that's seeing a nerf so its only going to be more difficult to counter as UKF.
Vaz
23 Nov 2017, 10:07 AM

The LefH has the most shells and the short cooldown right? So it feels like it never stops firing if it's managed well? That's my only real problem with it. It's extremely good at area denial as a result.
23 Nov 2017, 10:11 AM

that they are! a vet 5 OKW howitzer is no different than a vet 3 ost one, it gets the same buffs just later cause relic!

Now it will apply to any unit because community "balance" team LEL.

Don't worry, still no way to secure territory with caches.
23 Nov 2017, 11:11 AM

destroy it easily with callin barrage or a rocket arty....
23 Nov 2017, 11:44 AM

Same applies to all arty really
29 Nov 2017, 13:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Allies art and rockets are a way better!

And not mention ez calls that rip art (without need vision!)!
29 Nov 2017, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2017, 13:22 PMBravus
Allies art and rockets are a way better!

And not mention ez calls that rip art (without need vision!)!

which callins are these on which docs?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS