[DBP] Air Supremacy Bug

17 Nov 2017, 12:28 PM

At the moment the ability does this in chronological order:

• Sends Recon Pass
  • Sends 2 Starfing planes
  • Sends 1 Bombing plane (same plane)
  • Sends 2 Bombing planes (same plane)

All of them are Single Pass Strikes

1 bombing and 2 bombing planes are the same categhory of planes, the same planes that are used current Air Supremacy.

The Bug

At the moment Strafing Passes are bugged and do not target units. Strafe passes target small area, where flares were fired. This makes half of the ability completely useless because they will most likely hit the ground, not the units.

Here are images
ABILITY CIRCLE

FLARES

STRAFE BUG

AFTERMATH

I think we want to rebalance useless abilities into useful ones, not bugged useless abilities, so I suggest to let STRAFING PLANES to TARGET UNITS IN THE AREA.

Arty Cover (maybe) Bug

Right now the arty cover just randomly places phosphorus and normal rounds followed by Flares at the location. It does not target units anymore. Dont know if this is intended or a bug, because there wasnt anything about it in the patchnotes.

17 Nov 2017, 14:29 PM

I just test in recently 2v2 DBP, it cannot destroy OKW med truck in one pass ... is it really bug ?
17 Nov 2017, 15:48 PM

Am I the only one that sees two wiped volks, 5 damaged KTs, and five of the remaining nine volks with multiple casualties?

The 2 volk squads on the hill got massacred it looks like.

Five strafe passes can only do so much.
17 Nov 2017, 15:51 PM

Am I the only one that sees two wiped volks, 5 damaged KTs, and five of the remaining nine volks with multiple casualties?

The 2 volk squads on the hill got massacred it looks like.

Five strafe passes can only do so much.

You looked at the image after bombing runs came out.

Look at image no2 - strafe bug, not image no 4 - aftermath.

Bombing runs work fine, Strafing not. They only target area where you throw flares = they are useless.

2 volk entities were killed because they were in the flare zone. Seems a bit meh for me when you look at they whole blobberino in the ability cast zone. Those 2 strafes did literaly nothing to them.

PS: Strafe = machine gun planes - 2 planes
Bombin planes = drop bombs = 3 planes.

I was talking about 2 strafing planes not about whole squadoon

17 Nov 2017, 16:01 PM

We'll try increasing the area where the planes can go after infantry with strafe. We don't want to make the strafe aspect too potent, so that we can keep the cost low, within the 200-250 range.

The idea is to have an affordable offmap ability that can soften a target without killing them for you.

For the same reason, it is intended that mortar cover is not doing target acquisition for you. Ideally you order it along the retreat path of the enemy just as you are about to attack them. White phosphorus shells also inhibit vision. Depending on how powerful the ability is, we can make cost adjustments. However, we want Mortar Cover to be a 100-150MU range ability.
17 Nov 2017, 16:02 PM

We'll try increasing the area where the planes can go after infantry with strafe. We don't want to make the strafe aspect too potent, so that we can keep the cost low, within the 200-250 range.

The idea is to have an affordable offmap ability that can soften a target without killing them for you.

They should at least seek infantry in some radius, right now they do not seek anything at all and rather strafe the ground :D
17 Nov 2017, 16:07 PM

They should at least seek infantry in some radius, right now they do not seek anything at all and rather strafe the ground :D

They probably only seen infantry in a very small radius, and if no infantry is found, they just shoot away. This is similar to every other strafe ability in the game.
17 Nov 2017, 16:08 PM

They probably only seen infantry in a very small radius, and if no infantry is found, they just shoot away. This is similar to every other strafe ability in the game.

Okay, take a look at it then because those volks were really near if you look at the pictures
17 Nov 2017, 16:09 PM

You looked at the image after bombing runs came out.

Look at image no2 - strafe bug, not image no 4 - aftermath.

Bombing runs work fine, Strafing not. They only target area where you throw flares = they are useless.

2 volk entities were killed because they were in the flare zone. Seems a bit meh for me when you look at they whole blobberino in the ability cast zone. Those 2 strafes did literaly nothing to them.

PS: Strafe = machine gun planes - 2 planes
Bombin planes = drop bombs = 3 planes.

I was talking about 2 strafing planes not about whole squadoon

I get what you're saying now.

Did the suppressed volks in the center get strafed by both? Or did one just plain strafe open dirt?

Still though, the ability seems to be putting out a fair bit of damage in a pretty large area, even if it is all through the bombing runs.

I wonder though if the strafing planes should be looked at in their purpose: should they be killing infantry or suppressing them more do you think?
17 Nov 2017, 16:11 PM

I get what you're saying now.

Did the suppressed volks in the center get strafed by both? Or did one just plain strafe open dirt?

Still though, the ability seems to be putting out a fair bit of damage in a pretty large area, even if it is all through the bombing runs.

I wonder though if the strafing planes should be looked at in their purpose: should they be killing infantry or suppressing them more do you think?

They strafe the grond. Volks were just unlucky that they had 2 members there. They did not target the volks at all :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★