Login

russian armor

Adding Converted HQ to Buildings Panel?

16 Nov 2017, 03:07 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Is there any way to add a converted FHQ building to the production building tabs? (F1, F2, F3... etc)
16 Nov 2017, 06:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2017, 03:07 AMKasarov
Is there any way to add a converted FHQ building to the production building tabs? (F1, F2, F3... etc)

Potentially yes, we had something similar where a type of FHQ (buildable Airborne HQ) was allocated to the F2 slow, if you pressed F2 twice it would alternate between them.

I'll see if Olhausen can shed some light on this, though it could've been a happy accident!
16 Nov 2017, 07:50 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The types from ebps/types_ext are linked to the tabs in army/production_buildings. (HQ, barracks, motorpool_light, motorpool_heavy etc.)
19 Nov 2017, 11:36 AM

Types can only be allocated statically. To achieve what you want with convertable ambient buildings, you have to use one of the following workarounds (with imperfect results):

1. Add the desired type to the ambient building directly

The downsides of this option are:
- The building will collide with F1-F3 selection when anybody garrisons it, even if it's not a converted HQ (just like the building near the eatern VP at red-ball express)
- You have to pre-select one selection type for each building (I'm assuming you want different kinds of forward HQ)

2. Make the conversion spawn an invisible HQ building on top of your HQ building (spawn item)

The downside is that you won't be able to select the HQ in any way other than the F1-F3 interface. You might also have to worry about trained squads getting stuck in the building

I have done something like that to allow forward assemblies to upgrade to both medics and repairstations (look for the repair station implementation):

https://github.com/xxpatch/consmod
19 Nov 2017, 11:49 AM

There was a bug, when you entered to biggest house at Red Ball Express, it showed like T1 in your production buildings. You could easily select it by clicking F1.
7 Jan 2018, 13:29 PM

I have a related question.

When a building is converted to a forward Hq; Is the "engineer_to_spawn" entity dictated by the options laid out in the repair_station_ext area of the original buildings ebps?

If so is there an easy way to work around this? I don't want to clone every ambient building and replace the engineer type in every single buildings ebps/repair_station_ext.
7 Jan 2018, 16:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have a related question.

When a building is converted to a forward Hq; Is the "engineer_to_spawn" entity dictated by the options laid out in the repair_station_ext area of the original buildings ebps?

If so is there an easy way to work around this? I don't want to clone every ambient building and replace the engineer type in every single buildings ebps/repair_station_ext.

You could try a spawn_entity with your desired repair_station. If I look at other things of the sort just make it invisible in the entity_blueprint. A good entity for reference is the ebps\races\british\buildings\defensive_structures\brit_forward_hq_repair_mp

Also, do not activate repair_station the ability.
7 Jan 2018, 20:53 PM

I did consider having an upgrade on the forward hq that spawned an invisible entity with either medics or sappers depending on the upgrade choice. Basically like how the forward assembly works as you exampled.

I was worried on forward hq's as there's so many different sizes of ambient buildings that this wouldn't work well as it may spawn the engineers/medics inside the .....host structure if the blueprint I used was too small, or indeed the opposite and spawn too far away if it was too big.

Is it smart enough to always use the clipping edge if I use a really small and invisible animator blueprint?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★