Login

russian armor

New conscript sergeant model!

6 Nov 2017, 20:47 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hi all,

Many people have already found 'bugged' / 'unfinished' infantry models, like this:

But it seems that some of these models are still usefull :hyper: I have found a way to add all animations to the conscript sergeant model! This is the soviet/soldiers/conscript_sergeant with all animations:

I tried to use the same .abp for other models, like the Isakovich variants, but those have still teamweapon animation bugs (So they can be used for standard infantry). This conscript sergeant seems to be the only fixable model so far.

The abp looks like this:
model =
{
"..\\..\\..\\Common\\NewMotionTree.abp",
"..\\..\\..\\common\\engineer.abp",

-- Common Soviet Gear
"..\\..\\sovietcommongear.abp",
"..\\..\\weapons\\mine_tm35\\mine_tm35",

-- Main Mesh
"conscript_sergeant",
}

DO NOT USE THESE, These cause teamweapon animation bugs!
"..\\..\\..\\common\\base\\femalemotion\\femalemotion.abp",
"..\\..\\..\\common\\base\\cinematichead\\cinematichead",
"..\\..\\..\\common\\base\\basemotion\\basemotion",

Hopefully you can find more models like these!

Enjoy!
7 Nov 2017, 01:19 AM

WOW! Awesome find, you never cease to amaze.
7 Nov 2017, 01:39 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ooh, shiny!

The real question is: are there winter skins for any of them, or a way for them to use other unit models as winter variants?
7 Nov 2017, 07:34 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

WOW! Awesome find, you never cease to amaze.

Thanks!

The real question is: are there winter skins for any of them, or a way for them to use other unit models as winter variants?

Sadly there are no winter versions, but I know a workaround: we can make two entities and two identical squads with only other entities. These squads have a requirement for summer / winter conditions and be invisible if they don't match. The campfire has the same requirements already. That way we can use other models in winter maps ;)
7 Nov 2017, 09:19 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

...but I know a workaround: we can make two entities and two identical squads with only other entities. These squads have a requirement for summer / winter conditions and be invisible if they don't match. The campfire has the same requirements already. That way we can use other models in winter maps ;)

You sir, are a genius! I never thought of that before! This means that we can assign different winter skins to units even if they have a winter skin, right? Oh, the possibilities! Thanks for the discovery; I'll be sure to utilize it well.
8 Nov 2017, 15:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You can use capeless winter guards for example as sergant winter model.

And design stuff for this (portraits by Kasarov):

9 Nov 2017, 01:15 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Aye, I swear I saw this model in-use with spearhead. Bloody good work anyways.

As for the Isakovich variants, Im pretty sure those can be used as-well. The only problem with these models is that using alot of them might result in a bit of lag, due to none of them having LOD's, thus being at full detail at all times. Some German models, like the LMG, do work but not only look somewhat bad (they seem to be very early concept models), but also have a missing file that result in a big box surrounding them.

As for the winter/summer conumdrum, I would add a entity to the squad based on the requirement, rather than having to spawn a whole different squad.
9 Nov 2017, 07:48 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2017, 01:15 AMLugie
The only problem with these models is that using alot of them might result in a bit of lag, due to none of them having LOD's, thus being at full detail at all times.

This is a shame, I hadn't thought about it :(. A limit of one Isakovich squad at a time might avoid this.
9 Nov 2017, 11:02 AM

could it be weird seeing a hundred protagonist on multiplayer lel
11 Nov 2017, 21:23 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Holy, I will make use of that right away!
Thanks, man!
13 Jun 2019, 15:47 PM
Modmaker Badge

@Sneakeye: Hi mate, just want to say thank you for your contribution again. Wikinger team is working in soviets and we are now using "Conscript Sargent Model". To prevent lags we will limit the unit to "Squad Leaders" in specific elite squads.
Like always we are fully credit you in our Discord Channel.

Best regards
Olhausen
13 Jun 2019, 15:56 PM

So what you’re saying is: we now have a model that can be used as the 7th man in the 7 man conscript squad!

This solves all sorts of problems thematically as to why conscripts suddenly get better just by adding an extra guy. If that guy is a sergeant squad leader, then it can be surmised that it is his leadership that gives the other 6 men the bonuses associated with the upgrade.

Basically, it’s perfect for a Soviet “veteran squad leader” type upgrade version of the 7 man conscript upgrade!
13 Jun 2019, 16:22 PM
Modmaker Badge

For sure moders could use this entity in many ways. Wikinger team is going to use it slowly to check the performance in the game. For me extra models are like candies. I want them all XD
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 45
Germany 737
unknown 18
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L